Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

All About Heroes > Who's Your Favorite Hero?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments It's really hard to decide. Two of my favorite heroes would have to be:

1. Dorian from Richelle Mead's Dark Swan series
2. Judd Lauren from Caressed By Ice by Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 138 comments I couldn't list all of mine.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Debbie wrote: "I couldn't list all of mine."

I know what you mean. The two I listed were just the first two that popped into to my head. Then the more I thought about it, I realized that there are too many for me to list. Then I thought I could narrow it down by genre, and there were still just too many!

message 4: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) Jamie Fraser from the Outlander series! He's still a favorite of mine even though it's been several years since I first met him.

Actually my "ideal" hero is a cross between Jamie of OUtlander fame and Roland Deschain from Stephen King's Dark Tower series. If there were a guy out there that was a 50/50 of those two, he'd be the absolute perfect guy for me! LOL

message 5: by Kit★ (last edited Feb 24, 2011 06:15PM) (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Kelley wrote: "Actually my "ideal" hero is a cross between Jamie of OUtlander fame and Roland Deschain from Stephen King's Dark Tower series. If there were a guy out there that was a 50/50 of those two, he'd be the absolute perfect guy for me! LOL "

OMG I LOVE love love Roland!! He's like the ultimate man (though he could use a bit of sensitivity training sometimes lol) My mental image of him is freakin' delicious :D

message 6: by Kelley (last edited Feb 24, 2011 09:25PM) (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) Kit wrote: "OMG I LOVE love love Roland!! He's like the ultimate man (though he could use a bit of sensitivity training sometimes lol) My mental image of him is freakin' delicious :D ..."

Another Roland fan! I'm so glad to find another woman who loves him as much as I do. LOL

Oh yeah, I have a pretty good image of him in my mind as well. >:) I love that series so much and a big part of that is because of Roland. He does get a one track mind and soemtimes that could be frustrating. And he is pretty rough around the edges in the beginning. You can really see how much he's changed through the series by how he deals with Jake the first time around compared to the second time Jake ends up in his world. Such a huge difference in Roland's response to him.

I actually catch myself using some of Roland and his ka-tet's expressions sometimes for a while after reading them. I'll surprise myself by thinking of my closest friends as my ka-tet and I have to be careful when talking to people or I'd be saying "thankee sai." And I would find myself using the hand gestures that go along with that as well.

*sigh* Now I'm going to dreaming about "my" Roland tonight. ;-)

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Roland sounds intersting! I'm thinking I need to add this Dark Tower series to my already huge TBR pile.

message 8: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) Michelle wrote: "Roland sounds intersting! I'm thinking I need to add this Dark Tower series to my already huge TBR pile."

It's my absolutely favorite series of just about any I've read. And the series are defintely my favorite Stephen King books. I also love The Talisman books and The Stand, which actually tie in quite a bit to the Dark Tower series. Actually most of SK's books link to the DT series, but those books have the strongest connections to Roland and company.

message 9: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Kelley wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Roland sounds intersting! I'm thinking I need to add this Dark Tower series to my already huge TBR pile."

It's my absolutely favorite series of just about any I've read. And the..."

Kelley, I just can't agree with you more lol! I love The Talisman, first read it when I was about the same age as Jack, so it was an awesome adventure for me, and The Stand... just so good I don't even have the words for why and how... I love all of SK's books, but the DT series is definitely tops of any series I've read by anyone :D

message 10: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 29 comments I keep a list of my favorite heroes... but it's always changing. :)

Here are my top 10 at the moment:

1. Bowen MacRieve – Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night by Kresley Cole
2. Branden Kel-Paten – Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair
3. Eric Northman – Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
4. Matthew Farrell – Paradise by Judith McNaught
5. Royce Westmoreland – A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught
6. Bastien Toussaint – Black Ice by Anne Stuart
7. Zsadist – Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
8. Dan Celebow – It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
9. Lord Westcliff (Marcus) – It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas
10. Derek Sutherland – The Captain of All Pleasures by Kresley Cole

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments SmittenKitten, I don't know two of them: Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward

I'll have to check them out. All the rest sound worth dreaming about tonight. :-)

message 12: by Kit★ (last edited Mar 05, 2011 07:50AM) (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments SmittenKitten wrote: "3. Eric Northman"

Mmmm, Eric is soo much yummier than Bill..... :)

message 13: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 29 comments Kit wrote: "Mmmm, Eric is soo much yummier than Bill..... :)"

Hellz yeah!! Notice how Bill did not even make the list, lol.

message 14: by SmittenKitten (last edited Mar 05, 2011 02:24PM) (new)

SmittenKitten | 29 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "SmittenKitten, I don't know two of them"

Oh yes LK, you should check them out! :)

Games of Command is great if you like sci-fi romance. Branden Kel-Paten is a 40ish, cyborg, virgin. I'd say he probably fits as a gamma hero. He is alpha-like as captain of his spaceship, but he is secretly a sappy, love-struck guy. The heroine in this one is older as well (mid to late 30s), which I like because so many romances are about the young wide-eyed innocents... I get tired of reading about 18-24yr old heroines all the time.

And of course the J.R. Ward's BDB series is a must-read for anyone who likes paranormal romance... Zsadist is my favorite brother, but I love them all.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I must say that Jamie Fraser from Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" books is pretty darn awesome. ;)

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Did you watch the TV series, Margaret?

message 17: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 361 comments I love Fallon Jones ( In Too Deep) and Fontana (Dark Light) and the Prakenski brothers from Feehan's Sister of the Heart series, especially Gavriil (Earth Bound).

message 18: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 29 comments I need to update my favorite hero list from four years ago!

Here's a new one... SEVARIO from the Single Lady Spy Series (e.g.The End of Me, The End of Games, The End of Tomorrow).

Sevario- He's a bad guy, but not a bad guy. Well, maybe he is.

message 19: by Sue (last edited Oct 31, 2015 05:20AM) (new)

Sue | 205 comments Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon Jamie definitely, I think Claire is hero material as well, fighting to doctor her patients, not accepting a death sentence as final, finding and working with anyone who will help her save Jamie (when needed), but also accepting her new life, adapting and loving a man who seems to be determined to be the hero (harms way).

I know I have more and I'll give it some thought, our very own Listopia.

message 20: by Sue (last edited Oct 31, 2015 05:55AM) (new)

Sue | 205 comments Went through my five star reads, some books I read decades ago but never forgot, so my favorites in no particular order are:

Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1) by Julie James Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb Prince Charming by Julie Garwood The Bride (Lairds' Fiancées, #1) by Julie Garwood Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Shanna by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss The Notebook (The Notebook, #1) by Nicholas Sparks Phantom Waltz by Catherine Anderson Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon For the Roses (Rose, #1) by Julie Garwood Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) by Kristen Ashley

Unfortunately not all are available via audio, what I wouldn't give for Katherine Woodiwiss' works to be available on audio.

Some I added because the series is loaded with Hero types.

All these stories have a strong woman who is a "hero" in her own right, but the men are truly memorable.

message 21: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Sue wrote: "... what I wouldn't give for Katherine Woodiwiss' works to be available on audio."

Really. I have long wonder why this hasn't been done.