Art Lovers discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Johnny (new)

Johnny Flora (johnnyflora) | 5 comments Johnny Flora, Author of "The Spell of Zalanon" > quotable quote (edit)

"Where the mighty Alps merge with the majestic Dolomites you may listen to the Melody of the Mountains. One not heard with the ear but with the heart.
Someday I will return to watch the clouds caress these peaks once more, as they drift down into the valley where ripened grapes smile up to the Sun, and the mountains will nourish and protect me for I will do them no harm."

message 2: by John (last edited Feb 23, 2011 12:07PM) (new)

John David (nicholasofautrecourt) And this relates to Caravaggio ... how? Also, the man's name is Caravaggio. One r, not two.

message 3: by Johnny (new)

Johnny Flora (johnnyflora) | 5 comments I went to his exhibit at the Boboli Gardens and the Uffizi Gallery last summer in Italy while staying in the Dolomites, just contemplating the beautiful art and natural landscapes of Italy.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol (goodreadscomcarolann) | 1140 comments You might have seen the Wadsworth's St. Francis in Ecstacy. It went out to tour Italy (with 11 other paintings) more than a year ago.

message 5: by Johnny (new)

Johnny Flora (johnnyflora) | 5 comments Yes there were three separate exhibits in Florence and a major collection in Rome which I unfortunately missed. The show in Florence was magnificent especially since my daughter attends the University of Fine Arts in Florence and we managed to escape some of the long lines and obtain a lower ticket price. All in all it was breathtaking for me to see the master's works up close...Johnny Flora