public alike that if I
could rap with a New York
accent I could make quite a
comfortable living as a Jay Z
tribute act . Would you ever
consider becoming a tribute
act artiste, if so , whom ?

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Chuck Klosterman wrote a great essay on tribute acts.

I would do a Lady Gaga tribute.

message 3: by Malcolm (new)

Malcolm Esquire (MalcolmEsq) RandomAnthony wrote: "Chuck Klosterman wrote a great essay on tribute acts.

I would do a Lady Gaga tribute."

Cool. I'll google that Chuck chap. I've never heard of him.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael If I could play the guitar and had more hair and liked performing in front of people I might think about becoming either an Alan Sherman or Jimi Hendrix tribute performer. I might also consider a career as a Gob Bluth tribute performer or 70's hard rock air guitarist.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Someday I will achieve my dream of having the only punk rock tribute to Richard Shindell.

message 6: by Malcolm (new)

Malcolm Esquire (MalcolmEsq) Sarah Pi wrote: "Someday I will achieve my dream of having the only punk rock tribute to Richard Shindell."

Ah, punk rock! That explains something towards why you are so obnoxious in the cyberbulling debate.

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Malcolm wrote: "Sarah Pi wrote: "Someday I will achieve my dream of having the only punk rock tribute to Richard Shindell."

Ah, punk rock! That explains something towards why you are so obnoxious in the cyber..."

Why, why why must you do this?

message 8: by Malcolm (new)

Malcolm Esquire (MalcolmEsq) Jim wrote: "Malcolm wrote: "Sarah Pi wrote: "Someday I will achieve my dream of having the only punk rock tribute to Richard Shindell."

Ah, punk rock! That explains something towards why you are so obnoxiou..."

I don't understand you meaning. Your question "this" is rather vague. Perhaps you could explain yourself?

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments So a second yellow card = a red card, no?

I can "I'm rubber you're glue" the guy since it's directed at me, but I would honestly kick him out of the game right now if it were directed at any of you.

message 10: by Sarah (last edited Feb 23, 2011 01:18PM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments OK, I booted Malcolm. Sally and I discussed considering it the other day, and Barb seems to agree, and everyone seemed to agree with what I said in the bullying thread the other day.

For the record, I did not take his comments personally, and wouldn't have booted him if it were just directed at me, but I feel that he was not contributing in a positive manner, and I would hate to see anyone's feelings hurt for real.

If anyone has a problem with that, feel free to PM me.

message 11: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Malcolm wrote: "Jim wrote: "Malcolm wrote: "Sarah Pi wrote: "Someday I will achieve my dream of having the only punk rock tribute to Richard Shindell."

Ah, punk rock! That explains something towards why you ..."

My point Malcolm, and this will be my last post on this topic is that I can not understand why you must bring little digs at people, and taunt in this manner. There was no need for that comment about being obnoxious, if was out of place, quite rude and completely wrong in my opinion. Not sure what your goal is here, but it certainly can not be to find friends and have friendly discussion, or maybe you just have the darndest way of going about it.

And yes Phil, darndest is spelled funny :-)

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments OK then never mind my post.

message 13: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "OK, I booted Malcolm. Sally and I discussed considering it the other day, and Barb seems to agree, and everyone seemed to agree with what I said in the bullying thread the other day.

For the recor..."

No problem, I was on the verge of doing the same, thanks for doing the dirty work.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Thanks, Jim. It was actually his response to you that made me kick him out. He was being deliberately obtuse about your meaning, which means he was fully aware that what he was saying was inappropriate.

message 15: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments You were very forbearing to let it go this long, Sarah. I've had some interesting conversations with Malcolm, but when I see interactions like the one above, it just leaves me feeling baffled and angry. So...not an easy thing to do, I'm sure, but your decision was justified.

message 16: by Lori (new)

Lori YAY! YAY!

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments The fact that he was obviously intelligent and perfectly capable of a good conversation made the fact that he was baiting people even more intolerable. I didn't actually want to be the one to boot him because I thought it would seem personal, but it wasn't. I just didn't want him to ruin this group.

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments You know what's funny? I wasn't even going to use the word 'punk' but then added it.
Other tributes I'd take part in: I really really really want to organize a 20th anniversary tribute for Matthew Sweet's amazing album Girlfriend, which came out in October of 1991. Gadzooks.
Also, I'm always up for a crazy staging of Jesus Christ Superstar.

message 19: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Anyone Pi or any other moderator kicks out is out. People have a pretty crazy long leash here before getting booted...if one of the mods boots someone, that person sure as hell earned it. We were due to kick someone out. It's been a while.

message 20: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Feb 24, 2011 05:18AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments *Officially passes torch to Malcolm*

message 21: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Feb 25, 2011 05:23AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Barb wrote: "You can't pass him shit Clark, he's gone.
... wait, you're not letting him in the window are you?"

Nah, I was thinking maybe the doggie door might be more appropriate. I'll hold it open for him.