Pulp Magazine Authors and Literature Fans discussion

Miscellanous > Free Pulp Short Stories

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8 comments eStar Books has a number of free ebooks that are from the Pulp Fiction genre. Some of the authors are reasonably common and easy to find, others are rather obscure.

You can check out our free ebook page at: http://estarbooks.com/?page_id=250

We also have some for sale at the very reasonable price of 99 cents per ebook.

I apologize if this against this groups rules. But I hope some of you will check out our ebooks!

message 2: by Jim, Co-moderator (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 234 comments Mod
I think it's fine, Amy. The site looks interesting. I hadn't realized so much of Dick's stuff was in the public domain, but I see Gutenberg.org has about a dozen of his stories, too. Does your site reformat them?

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8 comments Sometimes yes, some of them still have a lot of OCR errors. Some of the pieces are ones that we have scanned in and OCR'd ourselves. We do our best to make sure they are error free, but figure some of them probably sneak through.

A lot of the stuff from this era doesn't seem to have had its copyrights renewed. Some was never copyrighted in the first place.

We run a check through the Library of Congress Copyright site, avoid authors who are still living, and yes there are some that are still living! John Jakes is still alive and writing, though he focuses on westerns these days.

Amy

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8 comments Updated the free ebook page and made it easier to use!

https://estarbooks.com/?page_id=250

Amy

message 5: by Steven (new)

Steven (stevenschend) | 8 comments Great site, Amy; I've mentioned it to my networks on Twitter & Google+ this morning and will be taking time after my next deadline to explore more of your site.

Steven

message 6: by Vyoma (new)

Vyoma Arunprakash (lantern-n-books) | 1 comments There seems to be a problem with the site. Unable to download any of the books from the freebie section.