Night Huntress Series discussion

One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)
This topic is about One Grave at a Time
Night Huntress: The Books > One Grave at a Time (Book #6)

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariya (last edited Mar 23, 2011 05:06PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 594 comments Mod

This thread will be for book 6 in the night huntress series and will not be opened til some time has passed after the release of This Side of the Grave scheduled for Fall 2011.

okaiexz...so I seriously didn't think we'd get the cover for book 6 that fast, but OMFG! FINALLY! I LOVES IT! AND IT IS 100X better than the last one XD

ONE GRAVE AT A TIME COVER

STEPBACK

message 3: by Mariya (last edited Mar 23, 2011 12:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

This is a different Cat model, and OMG! Thank you! This is much more like how I pictured her! her hair is actually a darker read and OMG! she has her hair down and she looks soooo badass! and OMG! The stepback is HOT!

Samina The Story Devourer  | 5 comments The model is so like my Cat.This is how I imagined her to be like.The step back is brilliant.
But why is a black cat in the front cover.Does it refer to Cat as the cat(animal ) has green glowing eyes.
They are sitting on a grave in the stepback..lol!

do you remember that Cat owns a cat. I don't remember the Cat's name though. It was the one she saved in OFITG. It showed up/mentioned in TSOTG.

message 6: by Jess (last edited Mar 23, 2011 01:40PM) (new)

Jess (otherstories) Her cats name is Helsing.

I love this cover! Its just how I picture Cat, and the stepback I love too!!! *fangirl scream*

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) I love that her hair is down too! It looks much better! Apparently this is a different Cat model-the previous one doesn't do book covers anymore.

I'm glad the old model isn't doing book covers anymore. I like this one better XD

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) I liked the old one but this one is much better! She looks more like how I picture Cat.

Samina The Story Devourer  | 5 comments Yeah, I didn't like the old model very much either.This ew one is a lot better.

Yes, Mariya now that you mentioned I do remember the cat.Thanx for the cat's name Jessica.

I say this cover is the best so far in the series.It fits the mood to the T.I love the background too , dark with the fullmoon.Awesome.
Oh btw is the stepback a real picture or just graphics?I can't make out.

The background is probaly graphics, but the models aren't. They look a bit computerized, like a video game a bit, but i still LOVE IT!

Samina The Story Devourer  | 5 comments I love it too! I am glad the male model is not graphics, it is bad enough to lust after fictional Bones.

LOL

Cassie | 2 comments I actually liked the old model. This ones not too bad but I imagined Cat looking much more like the other one. And the stepback is one of the HOTTEST ones yet!! Can't wait for the next book!!!

message 15: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) I prefered the older model as well. I like this one, but she looks a little young to play Cat. I do like the stepback though, that's one of the hotter pictures, apart from this one, I though this one was hotter

the way that cat is described and the way frost says she pictures cat. I just can't see the old model being Cat, she looks way too young for one thing, her heair looks orange to me, Cat's hair should be darker, like red-orange, and I imagine cat to be hotter, which the new model is all of those things in my opnion. TSOTG covers and stepback wan't my favorite. I would place it maybe third in the stepbacks that have been released though.

You know, I usually hate when cover models get changed like in the Kate Daniels series, or Chicagoland Vampire series, but in this case they have made them better. To be honest I held back on this series b/c of the book covers, it took me forever to read them b/c the book covers did not look appealing at all, but if the first cover was the OGAAT cover than I would probally be rushing to the bookstore to get my hands on a copy.

Sunshine | 6 comments WOW! I love the cover! And I especially like the new Cat! Love her with her hair down and of course, much redder than the old model's. In book 2, I seem to recall that although Cat just turned 27, according to Don, she never really aged and her body stopped aging at 19 -- so I think the young-ish, more kick-ass looking model we have at One Grave at a Time's cover fits the Cat in the book and in my head much better than the old one.

message 18: by BooksandBabes (last edited May 31, 2011 02:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

BooksandBabes (brandeye) | 4 comments I like the new Cat, but I do agree she seems a little too old. Cat is only suppose to look 19 or 20 and the girl on One Grave At A Time looks to be in her late twenties. I do agree however that her apparel and hair color are more right on to the Cat I envisioned as well! Regardless the stepback is hottt! I am so anxious to read the new book! So thrilled!!!!!!

Jonetta (ejaygirl) Mariya wrote: "the way that cat is described and the way frost says she pictures cat. I just can't see the old model being Cat, she looks way too young for one thing, her heair looks orange to me, Cat's hair shou..."

I'm with you, Mariya. The early covers didn't appeal to me at all and slowed my start to the series. Even when I finished the first book and fell in love with the series, I pictured another image. I'm fine with all of these.

One Grave at a Time's book trailer and first three chapters are released here: http://jeanienefrost.com/2011/07/one-...

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) http://www.frostfans.com/forums/viewt...

Posting Daily quotes from ONE GRAVE AT A TIME here.
"Bugger me blind and bowlegged"

Ooooohhh. Only a few weeks left! I hope I like this book way more than the last one. The last book wasn't that great.

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Up to At Graves End. On my massive re read before the end of the month!!! How long do we get to read One Grave At A Time!!? I hope mine arrives on time! I have been abstaining from reading the three chapters... HArd work!

message 24: by Stephanie (Bookfever) (last edited Aug 23, 2011 01:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stephanie (Bookfever) (bookfever) I won an arc of this book and I loved it!

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Stephanie (Loves Bones♥) wrote: "I won an arc of this book and I loved it!"

Those of us who are still waiting to read dont need to know that!!! LOL!!! lucky you! I'm jealous

Stephanie (Bookfever) (bookfever) ♥☆♫★♡ Kathy♡bahd gihrl♥♡★ wrote: "Stephanie (Loves Bones♥) wrote: "I won an arc of this book and I loved it!"

Those of us who are still waiting to read dont need to know that!!! LOL!!! lucky you! I'm jealous"

Muahahaha :D

message 27: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani (danifloyd) | 30 comments ♥☆♫★♡ Kathy♡bahd gihrl♥♡★ wrote: "Up to At Graves End. On my massive re read before the end of the month!!! How long do we get to read One Grave At A Time!!? I hope mine arrives on time! I have been abstaining from reading the thr..."

haha... same. I'm not reading the chapters.

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Dani wrote: "♥☆♫★♡ Kathy♡bahd gihrl♥♡★ wrote: "Up to At Graves End. On my massive re read before the end of the month!!! How long do we get to read One Grave At A Time!!? I hope mine arrives on time! I have be..."
Hell we're good!!LOL

Samantha | 17 comments I have an ARC and it was good. I think fans will love it.

I also had an ARC...haha. it was good. I liked it better than the last one and it was funny too. I love Ian =DDDD

Julie (jjlakeaz) | 1 comments I just finished it. I loved it. Ian made me laugh out loud multiple times. Gotta love him! :)

Samantha | 17 comments I loved Tyler. He was laugh out loud funny.

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) Just finished it, couldn't put it down! Tyler was great. I hope we see more of him in the future.

message 34: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Hammons (lynn42272) | 9 comments I loved the book and fell in Love with Ian again:) Very funny and I cannot wait to see what happens with Madigan. I think it has something to do with the fourth vampire that was on the boat with Spade Ian and Bones!!!!!!

Elena *Phade* G. (insomniacsleeper) | 14 comments my book just came in today and i already started it. so far i am loving it. and im loving what i hear, that we get 2 see a lot more of ian this time. that vamp cracks me up. cant wait to finish it :D

message 36: by Eva (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eva | 3 comments Lynn wrote: "I loved the book and fell in Love with Ian again:) Very funny and I cannot wait to see what happens with Madigan. I think it has something to do with the fourth vampire that was on the boat with Sp..."

Didn't even think of that. The fourth vamp just sort of faded into the woodwork. I don't think we ever found out anything about him after he was first mentioned.
(view spoiler)

The book was very good. And the excerpt at the end makes me long for October and the Christmas anthology to come out.
Also I hope Ian will get a book soon.

Becky  (bucktuskl) | 7 comments I was so excited for this book to come out... just couldn't wait for more Bones. While I loved the book, I was a little disappointed that we didn't get a little more of the sexy Bones that we're used to. There was only one good, okay great, scene about 3/4 of the way through (view spoiler). The battles weren't even up to par for me. Cat definitely kicked ass but I didn't feel like Bones got into the melee as much as usual. Glad to see Shade and Ian but really missed Vlad.

http://underworldloveaddiction.blogsp...

Samantha | 17 comments The sexiness of the couple has been a bit off to me since the last book IMO.

Becky Cullen-Salvatore-Northman-Russell-Lord wrote: "I was so excited for this book to come out... just couldn't wait for more Bones. While I loved the book, I was a little disappointed that we didn't get a little more of the sexy Bones that we're u..."

girl, I didn't know you had a blog. damn. all my GR friends are getting blogs nowawdays that I don't even know about LOL

Samantha wrote: "The sexiness of the couple has been a bit off to me since the last book IMO."

true. I honestly feel like the last two books(books 5-6) were just filler books. you know is tv shows/series where they have these dumb filler episodes? I just hope they get on with everything. I mean they were good books but they aren't the Cat and Bones books that I love they feel different. I mean books 1-4 have a completely different feel than 5-6 to me and I am still a bit disappointed. I feel like this is not my Night HUntress Series. you know what I mean?

message 41: by Eva (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eva | 3 comments Samantha wrote: "The sexiness of the couple has been a bit off to me since the last book IMO."

So glad I'm not alone in thinking this. I know some compared the scene in This Side of the Grave with Chapter 32 only with reversed roles. But after reading the scene in question I was wondering if we were all reading the same book, 'coz this new scene was just ok but nowhere near Ch32 blow your socks of.

Eva wrote: "Samantha wrote: "The sexiness of the couple has been a bit off to me since the last book IMO."

So glad I'm not alone in thinking this. I know some compared the scene in This Side of the Grave with..."

made me wonder what the hell people were talking about when they said that we have another chapter 32 in TSOTG. when I read it I was like "meh". it wasn't that great.

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 37 comments Lynn wrote: "I loved the book and fell in Love with Ian again:) Very funny and I cannot wait to see what happens with Madigan. I think it has something to do with the fourth vampire that was on the boat with Sp..."

I totally agree...Ian and Tyler were hilarious :) I want a book about Ian!!!!!!

Becky  (bucktuskl) | 7 comments Mariya wrote: "Becky Cullen-Salvatore-Northman-Russell-Lord wrote: "I was so excited for this book to come out... just couldn't wait for more Bones. While I loved the book, I was a little disappointed that we di..."

Started out to get more ARC books, but it's kind of fun :)

Becky  (bucktuskl) | 7 comments Mariya wrote: "Eva wrote: "Samantha wrote: "The sexiness of the couple has been a bit off to me since the last book IMO."

So glad I'm not alone in thinking this. I know some compared the scene in This Side of th..."

It definitely was not a Chapter 32 scene but I still loved it :)

Ginger | 1 comments Just started reading. About 50 pages in. Loving it!

message 47: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani (danifloyd) | 30 comments Mariya wrote: "Samantha wrote: "The sexiness of the couple has been a bit off to me since the last book IMO."

true. I honestly feel like the last two books(books 5-6) were just filler books. you know is tv show..."

agreed... 5 & 6 have been ok. Maybe there's just too many characters to keep up and running to put the time into Cat and Bones now???

message 48: by Mich (last edited Oct 04, 2012 12:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mich | 19 comments Ginger wrote: "Just started reading. About 50 pages in. Loving it!"

Once I got into The Night Huntress Series, I was TOTALLY hooked. I should have just bought the whole series together instead of book by book- b/c i could not put them down. Cat is seriously one of the best heroines in a PF. Love her.