What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Parallel world/Magician/9 Lives [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lieneke (new)

Lieneke | 5 comments Looking for another series...kind of. One of those series where the books don't actually have anything to do with each other then the same common themes. One of the books has to do with a boy who has 9 lives because he is supposed to be the next magician. Everyone else just has doubles living in various other worlds/lives. He has a sister named Gwendolyn who knows about this and may have caused him to lose some of his lives. I remember something about her escaping to another world. The magician comes to train him I think.

In another one there was something about a parallel world and a girl who could travel to it and she meets a boy. (This could be the other way around). In her world Guy Fawkes had Succeeded and was celebrated, in the other world he had failed. There was something about magic being common in her world but maybe some kind of hierarchy. I think they tried to mend the rift between the worlds.

Any Help would be appreciated!

message 2: by Sofie (last edited Feb 22, 2011 09:29PM) (new)

Sofie | 25 comments Charmed Life is the first one you describe, and Witch Week the second, but you might be getting it confused with The Lives of Christopher Chant. All by Diana Wynne Jones.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Definately the Chrestomanci books Sofie. The Guy Fawkes book is Witch Week and the sister one is Charmed Life.

message 4: by Lieneke (new)

Lieneke | 5 comments Thank you all soooooo much!!!