What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Girl with mismatched Eyes??? [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lieneke (new)

Lieneke | 5 comments I'm looking for book series about a girl who lives in a town nowhere near the ocean but begins to hear/smell it. One day the ocean appears and floods her town I think. She ends up in a new world or this new world used to be a part of this one. She has one blue eye one brown eye and turns out the spirit of the lost princess from the new world is inhabiting her. I remember something about the evil witch who sew creatures out of mud...sometimes she sews their mouths shut. One of her henchmen or maybe it's her son has something to do with dreams and nightmares. There are drawings throughout the book done by the authour. I'm pretty sure the Series was entitled Aber...I can't quite remember the rest of the title. Any help would be awesome!

message 2: by Cass (new)

Cass Graceling

BUT when I read that book last year I had this feeling that it was lifted from another book.

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreakhost) | 5 comments Could it be Andra? SF not fantasy, but has the mismatched eyes (result of transplant of someone else's brain).

message 4: by Lieneke (new)

Lieneke | 5 comments No it's not Andra. They are fairly recent, I read them about throughout high school, I'm in third year at Uni now. The last book was coming out in late 2008 or early 2009. Thanks tho!

message 5: by Mrs.soule (last edited Feb 23, 2011 06:12PM) (new)

Mrs.soule (mrssoule) | 109 comments This is absolutely Abarat by Clive Barker. Third book STILL hasn't been released!!

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 33 comments I know it isn't Graceling. The only thing that is the same from this book's description is the mismatched eyes, but the main character's eyes in Graceling are blue and green, not blue and brown.

message 7: by Lieneke (new)

Lieneke | 5 comments Thank you Mrs. soule!!! Even in High school I could never remember the name!