MYTHOS GROUP discussion

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Spencer, CTHULHU (last edited May 12, 2012 12:58PM) (new)

Spencer (parfait) | 25 comments Mod
WELCOME HAVE FUN MAKING POSTS

message 2: by Erica (new)

Erica Tackman I have Joined! MWAA HAA HAA HAA HAA HAAAAAA!

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica Tackman Creepy comment: Sad so sad, want to die. :( (me not emo or sucisidal:)

message 4: by Erica (new)

Erica Tackman This quote is not creepy... just weard...... "Frend come in and out of our lives, like busboys in a restaurant." - Steven King

message 5: by Spencer, CTHULHU (new)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.... welcome enjoy yourself and i sure hope you arent suicidal...Mwhahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahhahaha *cough*....

message 6: by Haley (new)

Haley (HaleyBlake) | 5 comments Sure... *cough cough* (=

message 7: by Erica (new)

Erica Tackman your cthulu crossing sine is awesome!!!!!!!

message 8: by Erica (last edited Mar 01, 2011 01:23PM) (new)

Erica Tackman how do you make groups ?

message 9: by Spencer, CTHULHU (new)

Erica wrote: "how do you make groups ?"

go to my groups from your home page

message 10: by Spencer, CTHULHU (new)

Haley wrote: "Sure... *cough cough* (="
oh... IT IS A BOOK??? i THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY A MOVIE... YOU kNOW i POSTED SOME IT PICTURES ON THIS groups photos!!!!!

message 11: by Haley (new)

Haley (HaleyBlake) | 5 comments :D Yeah it's a scary book(:

message 12: by Erica (new)

Erica Tackman What book are you talking about??

message 13: by Erica (last edited Mar 02, 2011 01:53PM) (new)

Erica Tackman oh you are talking about Stephen King! ;)...................... *caugh*

message 14: by Haley (new)

Haley (HaleyBlake) | 5 comments Yeahhh(=

message 15: by Reese (new)

Reese Copeland (nonfreak) | 33 comments I have heard that Guillermo Del Torro will make "in the mountains of Madness" into a movie. I think if anyone can do it, Del Torro can. The creatures he created for his Hellboy films just seem to have the right fit with Lovecraft's ideas. Anyone else have a thought on this? I hear it will be a few more years yet, before he gets to making "madness", but, I have read, and seen interviews where he really likes Lovecraft.

message 16: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (ponte-vanima) | 10 comments Uhhh.... hi. :)

message 17: by Erica (new)

Erica Tackman Hello Reese and Charlotte! you should join my club. It is called Awesomness!!! On Awesomness!!! you can talk about anything you want, not only books!

message 18: by Erica (new)

Erica Tackman Hay Spencer you should join too!

message 19: by Spencer, CTHULHU (last edited Mar 04, 2011 12:56PM) (new)

Reese wrote: "I have heard that Guillermo Del Torro will make "in the mountains of Madness" into a movie. I think if anyone can do it, Del Torro can. The creatures he created for his Hellboy films just seem to..."
THAT SOUNDS INTRESTING, IF IT DOES BECOME A MOVIE, I HAVE TO SEE IT!!! By the way welcome to my group, i am happy to see more people are joining!!!

message 20: by Reese (new)

Reese Copeland (nonfreak) | 33 comments Hey thanks man, glad there's folks out there that like Lovecraft too. I've only ever read a couple or so of his stories including Strange Case of Charles Dexter Ward, The Dunwich Horror (which I hear is an atrocious '70's movie with Dean Stockwell), and At the Mountains of Madness. Yeah, I hope Del Torror makes it. I know he's a huge fan of Lovecraft and I think he's the genius to pull off a Lovecraft story and do it justice.

message 21: by Spencer, CTHULHU (new)

Reese wrote: "Hey thanks man, glad there's folks out there that like Lovecraft too. I've only ever read a couple or so of his stories including Strange Case of Charles Dexter Ward, The Dunwich Horror (which I h..." Too true

message 22: by Dorina (new)

Dorina Stanciu (cinderelle) | 1 comments Hello everyone! And thank you Spencer for inviting me. I'm Dorina.Glad I found you!

message 23: by Spencer, CTHULHU (new)

Your welcome, all people are welcome here, anyone may invite anyone, Welcome to the group I hope you find it enjoyable.

message 24: by Haley (new)

Haley (HaleyBlake) | 5 comments Yes, it's quite enjoyable(:

message 25: by Tony (new)

Tony Duncan (teduncan04) | 1 comments Hello just joined!!

message 26: by Spencer, CTHULHU (new)

Tony wrote: "Hello just joined!!" great! I am glad you joined!

message 27: by Spencer, CTHULHU (new)

Haley wrote: "Yes, it's quite enjoyable(:"
I am happy that you think that!

message 28: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel hi peaoples!

message 29: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 5 comments Hey there ladies and gents. I'm familiar with some horror, and have done some reading about Lovecraft's writing, but I've never actually read any of his work. Could anybody recommend a good story to start with?

message 30: by Kenton (new)

Kenton Schassberger (have_books_will_read_traveler) | 1 comments In 1985 i went out and got all the love craft out in Arkham House hard cover. At that time (and perhaps still) Arkham did not sell to chains like Barnes and Noble, only to individual book stores. I got mine at the Little Book Shop of Horrors where it was rather common place to find Dan Simmons hanging out in his signature suit. I may have strted love craft at dawn of my youth. Trivia of the day Brian Lumley whom has done a fair bit of Lovecraftian horror was born the minute Lovecraft died... think about it and be afraid.

message 31: by Reese (new)

Reese Copeland (nonfreak) | 33 comments Michael wrote: "Hey there ladies and gents. I'm familiar with some horror, and have done some reading about Lovecraft's writing, but I've never actually read any of his work. Could anybody recommend a good story t..."

I enjoyed the Case of Charles Dexter Ward myself. The Dunwich Horror was good too.

message 32: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 5 comments Yeah, I found some audiobooks. The Dunwich horror was quite good. I'm noting that the horror's more atmospheric and speaks of dark undertones than anything overtly horrific. It's very well done, though.

message 33: by Reese (new)

Reese Copeland (nonfreak) | 33 comments Yeah, I would agree, quite dark in some stories with a sense of something sinister lurking just out of our field of perception, as though we are dancing right on the edge of some terrible world we're not aware of.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi. Just joined GR-lots of looking around to do. More talk later.

message 35: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 5 comments Well, I recently picked up the large hardcover collection... I love it. Some of the writing is easily alienable from me, as it was written with a different culture in mind, but the quality itself is outstanding. Definitely a worthwhile purchase.

message 36: by Reese (new)

Reese Copeland (nonfreak) | 33 comments Michael wrote: "Well, I recently picked up the large hardcover collection... I love it. Some of the writing is easily alienable from me, as it was written with a different culture in mind, but the quality itself i..."

Yeah, initially it was just weird for me reading some of his stuff, but the more I read, the more I couldn't help thinking "this guy was WAY ahead for his time."

message 37: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 5 comments Cosmicism, baby. Warped but revolutionary.

message 38: by Philip (new)

Philip Hemplow | 3 comments Now it's a party. Here I am. It's me.

message 39: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 5 comments Huzzah. Let the party begin.

message 40: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Rodgers | 1 comments Greetings fellow cultist

I have just come across your mouldering group under a gibbous moon. I love anything Lovecraftian. I read the books, comics,fordidden tomes and play the games. I do not know how much sanity I still possess, but I think I can hang on for a little while longer,What is that dragging sound outside my door,aargggrgazzzz!

message 41: by Alledria (new)

Alledria (alledriaehurt) I love horror in general though Lovecraft certainly has a special place in my heart.

message 42: by Jem (new)

Jem Sparkle (jemsparkle) | 1 comments Ctulhu FTW! So glad to find this group.

message 43: by Todd (new)

Todd (hpl_geek) | 14 comments Perfect group for me! Glad I found it.

message 44: by Reese (new)

Reese Copeland (nonfreak) | 33 comments Cool man, welcome to the group.

『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』 (wickling) | 2 comments Hi!! i'm Kris k. or "Wolfie"! ((I am making a RP lovecraft group and need more people who know lovecraft to help me out! The Infinished Book is the name of the group! HELP, PLEASE?))

『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』 (wickling) | 2 comments I enjoy his patheon and learning about The Great Old Ones, Old Ones, Outer Godes and such, but I have read only some of his works, but listened to "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" on Youtube! I <3 Dagon! And Shub-Niggurath...........

Fault In Our Stars (KingdomHeartsII) | 1 comments hey

message 48: by Glenn (new)

Glenn Goettel | 12 comments Hey, is anybody here?
When I was growing up, this stuff was all but banned. Teachers tore it out of your locker; kids were referred to the school psychologist. For reading it. No one's really into this? See you all in moonlit strands of Ipswich, come high tide. See you in Y'ha N'thlai, meaning, later y'all.

message 49: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Davenport (spazenport) | 7 comments I wish I could remember what it was that led me to the stories, but it completely alludes me. I can remember the time frame. I was only mildly interested during the end of highschool, but when I got to college I began pouring over everything Mythos. I had a brief job with Barnes and Noble and all of my breaks were spent reading everything they had. I'm a huge fan and glad to be a part of this group.

message 50: by Glenn (new)

Glenn Goettel | 12 comments Matthew wrote: "I wish I could remember what it was that led me to the stories, but it completely alludes me. I can remember the time frame. I was only mildly interested during the end of highschool, but when I go..."
I remember the day- circa 1972- I was called in by my high school guidance counselor. He casually asked, "What do you read, outside of school?" When I declined to discuss my personal life with him, he asked me leadenly: "Um.... if I may ask you this, just who or what is Cthulhu?"

« previous 1