Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Mini Group Read (MGR) > ***MAR '11***Forbidden SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
I just finished this book by author Evangeline Anderson and would love to discuss it as a group. If you have read this or would like to read as a group please post here.

Some questions to consider:

1. Did you like the main characters?
2. Did you like the paranormal element of angels?
3. Did you like the taboo subject of incest and how it was handled?
4. Did you like reading this author and would you read another novel?
5. Would you change anything about the story?

message 2: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

I got a chance to review for www.theromancereviews.com and I do love Evangelne Anderson's m/m romances. I have read a couple of her m/f romances, including this one.

I did like Leah and Owen. I liked the plot of them being angels and having their souls sent to Earth. The taboo of being bro/sis was and exciting twist. I was wondering how and when Evangeline would get them together.

I liked the way Evangeline used angels in this story. I don't know much but I liked how she sexualized them without being scandalous. Sort of how Nalini Singh did in Archangel's Kiss.

I realize not everyone can read about incest or understand why some people enjoy this taboo theme. For me I enjoy the story overall. I don't mi d if it includes incest. I love the author. I do like her method how she handles sexual tension. I will continue to read Evangeline Anderson, any theme, any combo.

I don't think I would change anything, no.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (fireweaver) Kenji, i think i'm going to pass on this one, since an incest romance does kinda squick me out (e.g., the incesty bits were about 25% of my dislike for City of Bones).

however, thanks very much for picking out new and interesting indie stuff for the group reads - indie books aren't the sort of stuff i'd often pick up on my own, so thanks for making us all branch out!

message 4: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

@Michelle :) your welcome! I totally understand the incest factor is not for everyone. I didn't realize it but I guess I am sort of picking indie titles for my mini reads huh, lol. Well it just so happens my reading habits have changed from all paranormal all the time. BDSM and other themes are on more indie related press/publishers. I do hope I pick out a title you might like!

I did not know there was incest in City of Bones. I just heard it was a good and interesting read.

Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Bones (other topics)
Archangel's Kiss (other topics)