Book freaks discussion

Book Characters > Best Character Ever

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sayshisweetie (new)

Sayshisweetie | 71 comments I read "Heart on a Chain" a while ago and the main character in their was amazing! Well written and totally likeable! She was the victim of child abuse and she was one of those characters you care about.

message 2: by Kimber (new)

Kimber (kimberk) The Vampire Lestat, Ya gotta love him! I'm convinced he's for real and that I would know him right away.

message 3: by Fiona (new)

Fiona McGier | 55 comments Remember when Anne Rice finished writing Memnoch the Devil, her answering machine on her phone said that she had nothing more to say about Lestat, he was quiet now and not talking to her anymore. Obviously she changed her mind after that! At the time I thought it was an odd was of putting it, almost as if Lestat really WAS alive and telling her his life story. But now that I'm a published author, I have characters "talking" in my head all of the time, waiting for me to write their stories also. I guess that's why I write.

message 4: by Nada (last edited Feb 23, 2011 03:04AM) (new)

Nada Al-Karmi (nadooush) Hermione from harry potter, i just love her, even when she's a bit annoying
Mr. Darcy from pride & prejudice
Edmond Dantes in the count of monte cristo
Hareton Earnshaw in wuthering heights
Grover Underwood in the Percy Jackson series

message 5: by Fiona (new)

Fiona McGier | 55 comments Foaly from the Artemis Fowl books by Eoin Colfer. And Artemis' bodyguard: Butler. If you enjoyed the Harry Potter books, you have to read the Artemis Fowl series! They are much better written, and more fully-developed characters.

Stephanie (Bookfever) (bookfever) Fiona wrote: "Foaly from the Artemis Fowl books by Eoin Colfer. And Artemis' bodyguard: Butler. If you enjoyed the Harry Potter books, you have to read the Artemis Fowl series! They are much better written, a..."

I really really love the Artemis Fowl series!

message 7: by Sayshisweetie (new)

Sayshisweetie | 71 comments nada wrote: "Hermione from harry potter, i just love her, even when she's a bit annoying
Grove..."

I totally agree, Grover, Hermione, and Mr. Darcy are awesome!

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Mabe (beckegirl) | 41 comments nada wrote: "Hermione from harry potter, i just love her, even when she's a bit annoying
Grove..."

I liked grover too.
I want Claire and Jaime from the Outlander series to be real.

message 9: by Keerthana (new)

Keerthana Kesavan | 164 comments Fiona wrote: "Foaly from the Artemis Fowl books by Eoin Colfer. And Artemis' bodyguard: Butler. If you enjoyed the Harry Potter books, you have to read the Artemis Fowl series! They are much better written, a..."

i heart the Artemis Fowl series!!!
goodness, foaly's humor is seriously cool and i also like all jokes Root-related!

message 10: by Keerthana (new)

Keerthana Kesavan | 164 comments oh and i also love Jace Wayland/Morgenstern/Herondale!!
my god, his sarcasm, wit, humor.... unchallenged!!
he is the typical bad boy protagnist and i love him like crazy!

message 11: by Keerthana (new)

Keerthana Kesavan | 164 comments nada wrote: "Hermione from harry potter, i just love her, even when she's a bit annoying
Grove..."

oh i love Hermoine too.

message 12: by Candy Aya (new)

Candy Aya (notyourgirlnextdoor) | 196 comments Fiona wrote: "Foaly from the Artemis Fowl books by Eoin Colfer. And Artemis' bodyguard: Butler. If you enjoyed the Harry Potter books, you have to read the Artemis Fowl series! They are much better written, a..."

I love artemis! and the sarcastic foaly! lol

message 13: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (pip_squeak) Edward Cullen!! I've never fallen in love with a character so much as him! It freaked me out! I think it's because his most womens perfect man! x x

message 14: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Sherlock Holmes! He is great!

message 15: by Nada (new)

Nada Al-Karmi (nadooush) Rebecca wrote: "nada wrote: "Hermione from harry potter, i just love her, even when she's a bit annoying
Hareton Earnshaw in wuthering ..."

i never read that series, is it good?

message 16: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 20 comments Caroline wrote: "Edward Cullen!! I've never fallen in love with a character so much as him! It freaked me out! I think it's because his most womens perfect man! x x"

I know! You could just feel the love he had for Bella. (Swoon!)

message 17: by Chad (new)

Chad Huckabaa Fizban from the Dragonlance Chronicles

message 18: by Keerthana (new)

Keerthana Kesavan | 164 comments Caroline wrote: "Edward Cullen!! I've never fallen in love with a character so much as him! It freaked me out! I think it's because his most womens perfect man! x x"

I know!! i never liked any character soo much!!He's an angel! (not literally of course, lol)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Edward is my favorite too. Except my Edward isn't a vampire, he kills them with a flame thrower. Edward (aka Ted Forrestor) from the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton.

message 20: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 7 comments Hmm...a lot of you guys like fantasy? My favorite is probably Holden Caulfield. Hahaha

message 21: by Beatrix (new)

Beatrix (smiley_omnomnom) | 42 comments Best character? Jace Wayland of City of Bones He's terrificly horrible. Although my all out character crush is Jem Cartstairs from Clockwork Angel.
Teehee, I love her books. :3

message 22: by Susan (new)

Susan (suki553) | 9 comments Nora Bonesteel from the Ballad Books by Sharyn McCrumb. What a wonderful, wonderful character. I wish I knew her.....

message 23: by Susan (new)

Susan (suki553) | 9 comments OK, I just posted, then was going back through some of the older posts and there seem to be a lot that mention being in love with Edward Cullen. One says he's every woman's perfect man. Yes, he's good looking....or rather, Robert Pattinson is good looking....but he's also cold. I can't imagine finding a man whose skin is icy to the touch that exciting. Maybe it's just me.

message 24: by Summer (new)

Summer (summer-b) | 7 comments Valerie wrote: "Hmm...a lot of you guys like fantasy? My favorite is probably Holden Caulfield. Hahaha"

I agree! I also really like Charlie from The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Turtle Wexler (The Westing Game), Addie (The Two Princesses of Bamarre), and pretty much all of the characters in the Harry Potter series.

message 25: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo Daisy wrote: "Valerie wrote: "Hmm...a lot of you guys like fantasy? My favorite is probably Holden Caulfield. Hahaha"

I agree! I also really like Charlie from The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Turtle Wexler (The..."

Charlie is great! He's so innocent and he makes you look at the world with brand new eyes!

message 26: by ☼Marian☼ (new)

☼Marian☼ (mgdc) | 264 comments Susan wrote: "OK, I just posted, then was going back through some of the older posts and there seem to be a lot that mention being in love with Edward Cullen. One says he's every woman's perfect man. Yes, he's g..."

hahaha! talk about a relationship with a corpse..

message 27: by ☼Marian☼ (new)

☼Marian☼ (mgdc) | 264 comments my favorite character would be Daenerys from A Game of Thrones

Photobucket

message 28: by Wesley (new)

Wesley (delasquare) Caroline wrote: "Edward Cullen!! I've never fallen in love with a character so much as him! It freaked me out! I think it's because his most womens perfect man! x x"

Yes!

I also really love The Creature from Frankenstein.

message 29: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo Oh Edward Cullen, he who has captured the hearts of many

message 30: by Dorottya (new)

Dorottya (dorottya_b) | 27 comments first of all, my view of best character is what I think is a really complex an authentic, well-written character which I like to read about... not a character I would be soooo good friends with in real life :).

Lizzy and Darcy from Pride and Prejudice
Katniss from The Hunger Games (well, I haven't read the 2 other books in the series yet, so I don't know how her character changed, if so)
Charlie from Flowers for Algernon
Frederic from The Collector
Dorian Gray
Lupin from Harry Potter

message 31: by ☼Marian☼ (new)

☼Marian☼ (mgdc) | 264 comments Arya Stark, Daenery Targaryen & Jon Snow from Game of Thrones

Dagny Taggart, Francisco D'Anconia, John Galt, Hank Rearden from Atlas Shrugged

Howard Roark from Fountainhead

Jane Eyre

message 32: by Ebony (last edited Feb 04, 2013 06:06AM) (new)

Ebony (poppyy) Daenerys Targaryen and jaqen h'ghar-Game of Thornes
Luna Lovegood- Harry Potter
Cinder- Cinder
Brimstone, Karou, and Hazael- Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy
Augustus( my idea of a perfect man)- The Fault in Our Stars

message 33: by Soul, the Book Keeper (new)

Soul (soulkeeper720) | 3876 comments Mod
Arya Stark from The Game of Thrones,

&

Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece...

2 that came in mind first.. :)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Bartimaeus......

message 35: by Soul, the Book Keeper (last edited Feb 15, 2013 12:13PM) (new)

I think I like Loona Lovegood too.. coz

Nothings so simple yet so hard as to being who you really are.. :)
-Santosh

message 36: by Soul, the Book Keeper (new)

I Love, Alice..

the Alice from twilight saga, that is.

message 37: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo M a r i a n wrote: "Arya Stark, Daenery Targaryen & Jon Snow from Game of Thrones

Dagny Taggart, Francisco D'Anconia, John Galt, Hank Rearden from Atlas Shrugged

Howard Roark from Fountainhead

Jane Eyre"

Basically all of the GOT characters are amazing! I love that somebody else get's that! My list is a little bit longer, encompassing Rob, Cersei (because I love to hate her), and TYRION! Jane Eyre is also really amazing :)

message 38: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo Soul wrote: "I Love, Alice..

the Alice from twilight saga, that is."

I love Jasper!

message 39: by Nada (new)

Nada Al-Karmi (nadooush) Ohh I just love Tyrion in game of thrones. He's just sooo cunning, I like that.

message 40: by Soul, the Book Keeper (new)

Yeah, Tyrion has that quality.. :)

message 41: by Ebony (new)

Ebony (poppyy) I watch an interview with George R.R. Martin and he says that Tyrion is his favorite character and he would want to be witty like Tyrion. I love him but no one can beat Danny for me.

message 42: by Kate (new)

Kate (kategaff) | 27 comments i love Susie Salmon from The Lovely Bones ... i read her lines over and over "I wish you all a long and happy life" :(

message 43: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo Ebony(poppyyukia) wrote: "I watch an interview with George R.R. Martin and he says that Tyrion is his favorite character and he would want to be witty like Tyrion. I love him but no one can beat Danny for me."

Soul wrote: "Yeah, Tyrion has that quality.. :)"

nada wrote: "Ohh I just love Tyrion in game of thrones. He's just sooo cunning, I like that."

I am so happy to find so many Tyrion fans!

message 44: by Steph (new)

Steph | 34 comments I love many, many characters, and I will never be able to choose

message 45: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hamland | 9 comments Ah, there's so many! But I guess I'll have to go with Finnick Odair from The Hunger Games. I just really enjoyed his character right from the beginning, and kind of fell in love. (:

message 46: by Derek (new)

Derek Tyler Durden, from Fight Club.
Atticus Finch, from To Kill a Mockingbird
Tiny Cooper, from Will Grayson, Will Grayson

John Green seems to have an uncanny talent to create characters that stay with you, long after you've finished the book.

message 47: by Mina (new)

Mina K. | 6 comments Atticus Finch - To Kill A Mockingbird
A role model for everybody. So sweet and noble

Percy Jackson - Heroes of Olympus series
The sweetest hero I've ever read about.

Annabeth Chase - Heroes of Olympus series
I love her strong character and tough demeanour

Hermione Granger - Harry Potter series
One of the coolest smarties ever!

Scout - To Kill A Mockingbird
She is so mature for her age...

Ed Kennedy - I am the Messenger
Just...Wordless

message 48: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawn9655) Rather than repeat characters already listed I offer:

Puck and Bottom from Midsummer Night's Dream;
Rat and Mole from The Wind in the Willows
The Artful Dodger and Fagin from Oliver Twist
Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter
October Daye from the Toby Daye books by Seanan McGuire
Verity Price from the Incryptid series by Seanan McGuire

message 49: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 10 comments Cam from Wait For You
Octavian from Bound
Hayden from Something Witchy This Way Comes
Braith from Captured
Rose from Vampire Academy

message 50: by sage (new)

sage | 274 comments Fiona wrote: "Foaly from the Artemis Fowl books by Eoin Colfer. And Artemis' bodyguard: Butler. If you enjoyed the Harry Potter books, you have to read the Artemis Fowl series! They are much better written, a..."

I agree :ooo

« previous 1