Persephone Books discussion

Woman's Place > A Woman's Place

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenlibrarian13) | 26 comments I got a copy today from one of the college libraries in town and I've already finished two chapters. It's extremely interesting and I'm sure I'll finish it soon.

message 2: by Gina (new)

Gina | 319 comments Mod
That's great! I often have trouble finding Persephone books at the public library. I bought a different edition online (used), so hopefully it won't be too different from the Persephone edition.

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenlibrarian13) | 26 comments My edition wasn't a Persephone either, so it didn't have the introduction. I was able to get a reciprocal borrower card called a TexShare card at my public library so now I can use it at any of the college libraries. None of them are actual Persephone editions, but at least I can save some of my money to buy the ones I can't get here.

message 4: by Gina (new)

Gina | 319 comments Mod
Has anyone finished this one yet? I really enjoyed it--I was surprised how readable it was! I just finished watching Downton Abbey, and there was a part where they talked about the suffragettes being force-fed...not very pleasant, but I remembered reading about it in this book! What was your favorite section of the book?

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol Eshaghy | 16 comments Off the subject but wasn't downtown the best? Can't wait for Part 2.

message 6: by Gina (new)

Gina | 319 comments Mod
Ha, yes, I loved Downton Abbey! I didn't get a chance to watch it until it was on Netflix watch instantly, so I got to watch them all around the same time. I'm glad they're continuing it next season! I saw that they were doing an updated version of Upstairs Downstairs on Masterpiece...we'll see how that one turns out.

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol Eshaghy | 16 comments Did you watch ANY HUMAN HEART? It is one of my favorite books and beautifully done. It was after DOWNTOWN ABBEY.

message 8: by Gina (new)

Gina | 319 comments Mod
No, I didn't see that one! I'll have to look for it.