Portland Readers discussion

Seeking PDX Foodies for newly forming bookgroup

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by sadie (new)

sadie Greetings,

I'm relatively new Goodreads in general and this group in particular, mea culpa if what I'm posting violates terms...

I'm a hungry mind seeking other rabid readers! I'm seeking a small group of PDX female enthusiasts who are as crazy about food books (memoir, essay, cookbooks) and experiencing the bounty of PDXs many fine farmers' markets, restaurants, and cafes as am I to forge a book circle.

This group will meet once a month to discuss a mutually chosen food-themed book accompanied by an outing (per the above) so that we might sate our book and foodie hunger!

Here's a brief list of the types I've enjoyed in past (and that might appeal to you?) But the real fun will be in discovering what each member brings to the table!

If this interests, I'll hope to hear from you.
Thanks for your time!
Bon Ap,
sadie

*American Wasteland: How America Throws Away Nearly Half of Its Food (and What We Can Do About It)
*The Language of Baklava
*Spoon Fed: How Eight Cooks Saved my Life
*97 Orchard: An Edible History of Five Immigrant Families
*Au Revoir to All That: Food, Wine, and the End of France
*Blood, Bones, & Butter
*Food Lover's Guide to Portland

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 5 comments Hi! I saw you on Craigslist and thought "Yes! Great idea!" And here you are and I still think "Yes! Great idea!"

You would think that as an avid cook, food enthusiast, and voracious reader I would have dipped my fingers into food-based lit for a taste. Oddly, however, my passions for word- and food-based arts have rarely intersected outside of cookbooks. I would love to join you and others for food-book-based discussions, excursions, and --dare I suggest-- dinner parties?

Welcome to Goodreads, btw. I dont' know if you are violating any rules here, spoken or otherwise, but I'm glad you took the risk.

Cheers,
Ashley