Q&A with Kristin Hannah discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 120 (120 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Hannah | 172 comments Mod
Welcome to my group! Thank you all so much for joining. I will be back on March 7 to start the discussion. In the meantime, please feel free to introduce yourself.

message 2: by Janet (new)

Janet Hoo (janethoo) | 1 comments Hello,
My name is Janet and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I am a huge fan of your work and I would love to hear more about the background for your characters.

Regards,
Janet

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri | 1 comments Hi,
I'm Terri from IL. Our book club will be discussing Firefly Lane shortly. I myself loved the book! It was a roller coaster of emotions; and even inspired me to start my own novel. (Something I thought I would never do!) can't wait to ask some questions!

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Duran (michellchess) | 1 comments Hello Kristin,

Michelle here from Andover,KS. I have read all of your books, and loved them! I like that each one of your books have a unique story. I can't wait to read Night Road!!

message 5: by Katherine (last edited Mar 02, 2011 07:30PM) (new)

Katherine Rassette | 1 comments Hi Kristin,

How exciting! This is Katherine from Portland, OR. I first read Firefly Lane and couldn't put it down! The story and characters really resonated with me. I've given multiple copies of the book to several friends all of whom have loved it and gone on to devour your other books.

I look forward to this discussion, in particular any advice you may have for would-be authors.

Thank you, Katherine

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lbhick) Hi!

I'm Lisa from Salisbury, MD. Kristin, I've read 6 of your books starting back in 2000. I most recently enjoyed Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah . Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah was also a wonderful book.

message 7: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cynders) Hi,
I'm Cindy from Burlington, ON - that's in Canada. I've read several of your books and have really enjoyed each one I read. The most recent was Winter Garden - which I loved, even when I disliked it... :-)

message 8: by Marti (new)

Marti (marjay) Hi Kristin, Thank you for the wonderful stories you have shared with us. I have enjoyed how carefully you have built the characters' stories and the relationships that surround them. I feel like you have touched my life (and that of everyone who I have told about your books) with meaning. I look forward to the discussion... Marti from New Hampshire

message 9: by Kristen (new)

Kristen  (mom2mcl) Hi Kristin!
I'm Kris from Nebraska. Just finished Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah and LOVED IT! Looking forward to reading more of your books!!

message 10: by Cindi (Utah Mom’s Life) (last edited Mar 02, 2011 09:44PM) (new)

Cindi (Utah Mom’s Life) (utahmom) | 1 comments Hi. I'm Cindi from Utah. I write a book review blog : http://utahmomslife.blogspot.com I recently read Night Road and I will be reviewing it on my blog later this month. I look forward to reading more of your work as soon as I can get my hands on some. My friends loved Winter Garden.

message 11: by Rhonda Rae (new)

Rhonda Rae Baker (rhondaraebaker) | 19 comments Hey there Kristin!

My name is Rhonda Baker and I love your writing...(-:

Firefly Lane was my first novel of yours and now I've read everything of yours I can get my hands on...next one is Night Road. Can't wait!

Will be there to ask questions. Thank you for opening up to us...you are awesome!

message 12: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 1 comments Hi Kristin,
Maggie from California. I love your books. The most recent was Winter Garden. I have shared it with several people since then.
Looking forward to the discussion group.
Cheers

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Hi Kristin!

Amanda here from New Brunswick, Canada. I started reading your books a few years back when my mom gave me True Colors as a Christmas present. Having two sisters myself, I could really understand where the book was coming from. That is the thing I love most about your stories, the realtionships between the women you create. They are so real and relatable.
I have recently got my mom and older sister addicted to your books. They have consumed all the ones I own over the last few weeks :) I love that they are reads I can share and discuss with other women.

Thank you for hosting this discussion!
All the best!

message 14: by Lakeshia (new)

Lakeshia | 5 comments I'm looking forward to discussing your books. Thanks.

message 15: by Naomi (last edited Mar 03, 2011 07:42AM) (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) Kristin~

I was one of the First Read winners of Night Road and loved it~so I thank you for sending me the book. I am on my 4th book of yours and absolutely love your writing!

Naomi

message 16: by Bxrlover (last edited Mar 04, 2011 08:37AM) (new)

Bxrlover Hi Kristin,

I am Kirsti from Canada. I absolutely loved Winter Garden and look forward to chatting with you about it.

message 17: by Konnie (new)

Konnie (mrsnaz) Hi Kristin!

I discovered your books over Christmas break when I read Winter Garden. It immediately became my new favorite book. Recently I read Firefly Lane and once again was in love. I went right out and bought a bunch more of your books and pre-ordered your newest book. I cannot wait to read more from you! I also love how you interact with your fans on Facebook and now here. You are not only a great author but you keep it real and that shows genuine character. I look forward to another forumn of discussion for your great books!

message 18: by Susan (new)

Susan Hi Kristin!
I'm Susan from Wisconsin. I have read many of your books and they all had me with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat! I have loved all of them and can't wait to read your new one Night Road!!

message 19: by Donna (new)

Donna Peake | 2 comments I loved Winter Garden, The cover of the book was absolutely gorgeous. I loved all the history of the Mother. By the way I am from Berryville, Va, and my book Club chose True Colors as a read.

message 20: by Amy (new)

Amy (ajstormy85) | 3 comments Hi Kristin!

I'm Amy Jo from SE Virginia. Picked up Firefly Lane back in April 2009 to read while on a mother/daughter vacation. I finished the book and passed it along to my mom - we both loved it. I have since read True Colors, Distant Shores, Winter Garden and Magic Hour and they have been passed along to my mom, as well as my grandmother. It keeps us connected since they live in another state. I had received Magic Hour, The Things We Do For Love and Between Sisters for Christmas and hope to be caught up in the next couple weeks before Night Road comes out.

message 21: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 3 comments Hi Kristin,
I'm Lisa from Milwaukee Wisconsin. I've read many of your books and after I'm done reading them I pass them on to my grandmother who passes them on to everyone in her small town including her hairdresser.

message 22: by Rhonda Rae (new)

Rhonda Rae Baker (rhondaraebaker) | 19 comments Kristin,

Forgot to let you know that I'm from Kennewick, Washington. Looking forward to your discussion...(-:

Rhonda

message 23: by Shaimah (new)

Shaimah (chaymich) | 1 comments Hello,

This is Shaimah from Kuwait! Yes thats a ways away from the US but im in LOVE with your books! The first one i ever read was on a plane back to Kuwait and ive been hooked ever since...its going to be great getting to know more about you!

message 24: by Cyrina (new)

Cyrina | 1 comments Hi
I am Cyrina Paul from Fargo, North Dakota. I really liked your books When Lightning Strikes and Between sisters I have read them both twice. I just have one question that I would like to ask you.
Thanks
Cyrina

message 25: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 1 comments Hi Kristen,
I am Tammy from Hazlet, Nj. So many of your books hit home for me. I am so interested in knowing where you get your ideas from. They are so heartfelt. I enjoy them immensely!

message 26: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Hello Kristin, My first experience with your books was with Firefly Lane. What a great book. I gave my mom Winter Garden and she loved it. I was chosen to participate in your hosting contest for FireflyLane it was a thrill of a lifetime for me. It always makes me happy to see your books in bookstores and to wait even though it's hard for your books to come out. I think they way you have touched your audiences and readers is wonderful. Thank you for sharing your dream and talent with us Kristin. Looking forward your time with us here on Goodreads.
-Rebecca

message 27: by Deanna (new)

Deanna | 8 comments Hello Kristin!
I am a huge fan! I read Firefly Lane last year and was so moved by it that I felt I had to keep reading your books. That has been my goal ~every other book I read is one of yours. So far I have finished~ True Colors, On Mystic Lake, Magic Hour, Winter Garden and I just got in the mail - Between Sisters and The things we do for love . Why is it that I can't get your two earliest books ( The Enchantment and Handful of Heaven)? I Must complete my collection!! LOL
I have turned all of my friends onto your books and they have the same reaction as I do...That you are an AMAZING Author. I really think your books would make wonderful movies because they are so moving and also so visual, I feel like I'm right in there with those characters. Also wanted to say that I love how you interact with your facebook fans! Anyway ~ Just wanted to say All that! LOL . I hope I get to see you in Red Bank , NJ next month!!
Thank you !!!!

message 28: by Emily (new)

Emily | 4 comments My name is Emily and Night Road is definitely my favorite book in the world!! It was amazing, and I'd really like to talk to you about it:)

message 29: by Kim (new)

Kim (kim424) | 1 comments My name is Kim. A friend from my painting class suggested Firefly Lane to me. It is my favorite book! I absolutely loved it! I cried so hard I couldn't even see to read. I can't say enough about this book. It was the saddest thing I've ever read, yet it was the best story i've ever read. I've since recommended it to a coworker and another friend.

message 30: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo Hiya, Kristin,
I read Firefly lane a week or so ago and loved it. Have read some of your other books over the years also. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about you and your books. I live in northern NJ. Have a nook but still like reading regular books. Especially since I have a huge collection of to be read books.

message 31: by Peggy (new)

Peggy | 5 comments Hi Kristin, So glade to see you on Goodreads. One of my favorite places to find good books to read and share with friends
I still remember when my sister-in-law gave me "The Enchantment" to read. Back in the early 1990s. I was hooked! You became my favorite author and that has never changed. Your books always make me feel so many emotions from, happy, sad, anger and I always cry either from sadness or happiness or both. I think that is what makes a really good author and you never disappoint! Thanks for all the years of wonderful reading! Can't wait for Night Road!

message 32: by Jenney (new)

Jenney Hi Kristin, Jenney here from Melbourne Australia. I'm a recent fan of your books and found Firefly Lane a wonderful novel and couldn't put it down. The story was so heart-wrenching and I found it a very emotional read, needless to say I bawled my eyes out on several occasions. Night Road is definitely going to be a 2011 read.

message 33: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) Hi, Kristin so glad to see you here! I am looking forward to your next book and visit to Atlanta.

message 34: by Deb (new)

Deb Hi, I'm Debbie from Colorado. Our book club has discussed a couple of your books my favorite, so far, Winter Garden. Looking forward to the online discussion.

message 35: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 5 comments Hi, Cassie from Bellevue here. I read Firefly Lane and haven't looked back since. I love your writing. True Colors and Winter Garden were amazing. I can't wait to get Night Road in the mail (already pre-ordered of course!!) It's going to be great seeing you in Redmond in a few weeks!! <3

message 36: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydney2462) | 2 comments I can't even mention your book 'Firefly Lane' without a lump forming in my throat!!

message 37: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (marcher08) Recently read my first Kristin Hannah book - Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah Really enjoyed it!

message 38: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 2 comments Hi Kristin!
I'm been a fan for years! I was also one of lucky ones who got to host a house party for Firefly Lane.
I can't wait to read Night Road!

message 39: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidiho11) | 1 comments Hi, my name is Heidi. My neighborhood bookclub just finished reading Winter Garden and I've personally read a couple of your other books and have loved them all. I absolutely loved this book! I couldn't help but put myself in the place of this courageous mother with her two young children fighting to survive. I have a 5 year old girl and 2 year old boy and I could see how devestated and emotional I would be trying to protect them and save them from disaster.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello Kristin Hannah readers,
I was glad, but not surprised to read all your comments aboutthe different Hannah books. I share your thoughts on the books. I've read them all.

message 41: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesiegel) | 1 comments Hello Kristin,

You are such a graceful writer and you immerse us with the lives of your characters! Feels like they are all my "old friends"! So excited to be part of this group!

message 42: by Cyd (new)

Cyd | 2 comments Hi Kristin and group! My name is Cyd. I live in Spokane WA. I have really enjoyed reading your books so far especially because they are in a familiar place. Firefly Lane got passed around to a lot of the Mom's in our elementary school. Firefly Lane made me cry which doesn't happen all that often with a book. I am looking forward to reading Night Road.

message 43: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (luvmyhub) Hi Kristin and group,
My name.is Leigh and I am from Atlanta. I am fortunate to be married to a wonderful guy who works in the publishing business. He suggested I read your books and they are great. Some of my favorite books include Firefly Lane, True Colors, Winter Garden and Night Road. I've enjoyed reading them and love learning about the different characters in each book. Looking forward to the discussions.

message 44: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 6 comments Hi! My name is Cheryl and I have been a fan of your books for a few years now. The first book of yours that I ever read was Between Sisters, and I was hooked! Most recently, I was lucky enough to host the Kristin Hannah HouseParty last year for my book club group. Everyone loved Firefly Lane, and I have since passed my copy on to my mom, my sister, my best friend, my aunt, and my MIL, all of whom also enjoyed the story. My new favorite of yours is Winter Garden--it was amazing! I can't wait for the chance to read your newest book!

message 45: by Linda (new)

Linda (superauthor) | 3 comments Hi! My name is Linda and I'm from New Jersey. Our book club read your book Winter Garden. Although we've read many good books, we just agreed at our last meeting, Winter Garden is still our favorite. I see you're coming to NJ in April. I can't wait to tell our book club so we can all come to meet you and add your new book to our list.

message 46: by Kristin (new)

Janet wrote: "Hello,
My name is Janet and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I am a huge fan of your work and I would love to hear more about the background for your characters.

Regards,
Janet"

Janet wrote: "Hello,

Regards,
Janet"

Thanks so much, Janet! I'm glad you love my work. I love creating my characters, although it's not an easy process, to be sure. I "design" a character that seems to fit the necessities of the plot and theme, but they tend to evolve into something else entirely as the drafts continue...

message 47: by Kristin (new)

Hi Terri! So glad you're loving Firefly. I'd love to talk to your bookclub via speakerphone if my schedule permits. Check out KristinHannah.com for details. Now, what can I answer about writing?

message 48: by Peggy (new)

Peggy | 5 comments In Winter Garden, what made you decide that Anna would find that Aleksandr had passed away a year before?

message 49: by Susan (new)

Susan Didn't that part just kill you Peggy? What a good question!!!

message 50: by Kristin (new)

Hi Michelle! I try to make each one unique. I hope you like Night Road!

« previous 1 3