Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Retro Television & Other Lost Gems of Pop Culture

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (last edited Feb 22, 2011 07:44AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Right now I'm plotting my revenge on RA for reminding me of Gigglesnort Hotel this morning. That show scared the bejesus out of me, most esp. Blob and the dragon who'd breathe so much smoke I thought he was dirty, and Weird the elevator guy. That show was flat out creepy.

I've spent most of my morning trying to remember the more pleasant shows I remembered from my childhood.

Most of these shows are no longer on the radar of kids today, and that's just ashame:

- Romper Room (& Ms. Barbara's magic mirror *le sigh* She never saw me in her magic mirror, but I always hoped she would)

- The Bozo Show (I loved the ring toss at the end of the show for prizes)

- Dr. Snuggles (He had the neatest stuff, and he could talk with the animals!)

- Jabberjaw (JJ was a great counter to the Jaws trailers they'd run on television; sharks didn't have to be scary - they could remind me of Curly and make me giggle)

- The Captain CaveMan and Plastic Man Hour (He was so stretchy!!! And Captain Caveman was just silly.)

- The Great Space Coaster (DK reminded me of this - I thought it was The New Zoo Revue, but now I'm convinced they must've run back to back; Gary Gnus and his "The No Gnus is Good Gnus News Report" always cracked me up)

- the Saturday morning specials with Ms. Switch (when I was a kid, I dreamed I'd have a history teacher who could take me back in time to teach me important history lessons)

- Superfriends & the Hall of Justice (HOOOMG, I still say "WONDERTWIN POWERS, ACTIVATE! FORM OF AN ICICLE"; and I loved it when Apache Chief would say "Inyuk Chuck" and grow to be eleventy billion feet tall. Before Dukes of Hazzard and Roscoe P. Coltrane (because Roscoe's outtro became my mantra), I'd say that before a good game of chase with my friends.)

Anyone else feeling nostalgic and wanna share your thoughts/memories? This would be the place to share them. Also, this would be the place to ask people to help you remember something you've almost forgotten (in reference to retro pop culture)

message 2: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments A Canadian kids show in the ’70’s Hilarious House of Frightenstein.

A Wolfman would dance around in front of disco lights to ‘Jumpin Jack Flash’. I think Vincent Price was on it too.

I liked Superfriends & The Hall of Justice too- my friends went out as the Wonder Twins for Halloween last year and very few people knew who they were :(.

message 3: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Captain Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaveman!

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Right now I'm plotting my revenge on RA for reminding me of Gigglesnort Hotel this morning. That show scared the bejesus out of me, most esp. Blob and the dragon who'd breathe so much smoke I thought he was dirty, and Weird the elevator guy. That show was flat out creepy.

This morning's facebook exchange was fun to the point of giddiness. I'm going to send Heidi a hunk of grey clay with eyes attached.

message 5: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I remember watching Emergency when I was little. I had a crush on Roy. I was so happy when he showed up on Lost, until he pushed Locke out the window, I mean.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.