Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Paranormal Romance > Jeaniene Frost

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Has anyone read her novella in Haunted by Your Touch by Jeaniene Frost ? I haven't, but before I do I wanted to know if its the beginning to a totally new series by her or not. Thanks.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments I haven't read that yet. When I saw it wasn't a Cat and Bones story I decided to skip it (for now)

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I'm just wondering if its part of her other series, or a new one. You know how crazy I am about reading things in order. LOL!

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Feb 23, 2011 03:40PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments From what I've read on-line, this is like a prequel to a new series. She creates a whole new world.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "From what I've read on-line, this is like a prequel to a new series. She creates a whole new world."

Thanks Lisa Kay. I'll probably read it then. I just didn't want to accidentally read book "3.5" in a series that I haven't started yet.

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Michelle, Shayla Black's short story in this book is 3.5 in her Doomsday Breathern series. Haunted by Your Touch by Jeaniene Frost

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Michelle, Shayla Black's short story in this book is 3.5 in her Doomsday Breathern series.Haunted by Your Touch by Jeaniene Frost"

Oh good! I have the first 3 books in that series :)

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Have you read them? Or are they in your large pile of TBR? ;-)

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Have you read them? Or are they in your large pile of TBR? ;-)"

They're in the pile; I'm so ashamed, LOL!!

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I keep saying that I'm not going to buy anymore books, but those Friends of the Library booksales with those 50 cent books get me everytime!

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments 50 cents! Wow. I need to attend that.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I've picked up this series again, and I am so glad that I did! I didn't realize how much I missed Bones!

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I just finished book 4 in the Night Huntress series, I think that was the best one yet!

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I am like, three chapters from the end of Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost .

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I am like, three chapters from the end of Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost."

How do you like it so far?

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I like it a lot. The book keeps getting better and better. Megan told me the end is a cliffhanger...and I am on the library waiting list for the second book. OMG! I hope I can wait. I keep checking the counter to see if this is the end! Lots of things happening these last few chapters.

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I like it a lot. The book keeps getting better and better. Megan told me the end is a cliffhanger...and I am on the library waiting list for the second book. OMG! I hope I can wait. I keep che..."

OMG! I don't think I could stand it- being on the waiting list for the second book. I just went out and bought This Side of the Grave from Target. But I was told that after book 4, its best to read First Drop of Crimson. So I'll wait on that one for a while.

message 18: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments So, I should read First Drop of Crimson right b/f book 5 in the Night Huntress series? Or can I read it at any time. I ask, as my library has that one.

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "So, I should read First Drop of Crimson right b/f book 5 in the Night Huntress series? Or can I read it at any time. I ask, as my library has that one."

It's my understanding that its best to read it after Destined for an Early Grave. Then read Eternal Kiss of Darkness, then book 5. But, I could be wrong.

message 20: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Okay! Thanks!

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I rarely read anything out of order if I can help it. You have to read JF's short story in Unbound by Kim Harrison if you ever get the chance. It's about Bone's prior to him meeting Cat. Not reading it doesn't take away from the series, but you just get to get a little peek into his character.

message 22: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Ahhh...they don't have it at my library in any form except in paperback.

message 23: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Which book Lisa? I have all of Jeaniene Frost's as ebooks, let me know if you want to borrow any.

message 24: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Sorry. Unbound by Kim Harrison The one ✿Michelle✿ is talking about in the post above me.

message 25: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Lisa, double checked, and funnily enough, that's the only one I don't have :-( Sorry.

message 26: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh, CaroB! That was sweet of you; thanks for checking!

message 28: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Wow! Had Debbie seen these pics? Debbie, Debbie, where are you?

message 29: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments I'm an absolute addict for this series. If you need any of them in ebook, let me know. I have all of JF's stuff.

message 30: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Thanks for the offer, Heather. I think my library has all of them in audio or ebook. I just read book #2 a couple weeks ago. I was think about continuing on with the series and using them for ✿Michelle✿'s challenge about reading three more books in a series in order to catch up. I'll keep your generous offer in mind.

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Wow! Had Debbie seen these pics? Debbie, Debbie, where are you?"

LOL!!!!!!!

message 32: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Ooh, another challenge? I'm going to go look for that one Lisa Kay. The past few weeks have been so hectic I've lost touch with what's going on around here :-) Time to catch up methinks!