Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Magician: Master (The Riftwar Saga, #2)
This topic is about Magician
Riftwar Saga > Magician Master: Planning to read, first impressions **NO SPOILERS**

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments Starting a folder for you Dawn. I have the book right beside my recliner. For once, waited to start it with the group. Looking forward to the read.

message 2: by Jon (last edited Feb 22, 2011 05:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments I plan to read Magician: Master, probably over the upcoming weekend. Where did February go?

Chris  (haughtc) | 111 comments I'm about 100 pages in. Started a couple of days ago.

message 4: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim (jimmaclachlan) I read it right after Apprentice. Couldn't stop. While I've always seen it in 2 books, I don't think I've ever not read them back to back.

Chris  (haughtc) | 111 comments I'm reading the single book edition. I think I was able to stop because it was my third reading and I was seriously itching for something new. It was easy to slide right back in, though.

Dawn (breakofdawn) I'm definitely reading, started yesterday and am about 50 pages in.

Chris  (haughtc) | 111 comments I'm ahead of Dawn! Woohoo! That never happens.

Dawn (breakofdawn) Not for long!!! *speed reads*

lol :)

Chris  (haughtc) | 111 comments Oh, I know. I'll just take my small victory where I can get it...

message 10: by Kara (new)

Kara (sterlink) | 60 comments I'm planning on continuing. I've got the single hardback Magician edition, so it's easy enough to continue on. (Which I probably will do tonight, after I finish Apprentice. I have 13 pages left, and I get the feeling it doesn't end satisfactorily).

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments Kara wrote: "I'm planning on continuing. I've got the single hardback Magician edition, so it's easy enough to continue on. (Which I probably will do tonight, after I finish Apprentice. I have 13 pages left, a..."

If I had that edition, I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to stop! I had trouble as it is.

Amelia (narknon) | 523 comments Plan on reading this one soon. I just have to figure out how I'm going to read this one and Gardens of the Moon. I'm usually a one book reader, so I need to figure out my reading schedule for the two different books.

message 13: by Jon (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments Amelia wrote: "Plan on reading this one soon. I just have to figure out how I'm going to read this one and Gardens of the Moon. I'm usually a one book reader, so I need to figure out my reading schedule for the..."

I don't know if this will help, but I read multiple books by chapter all the time. I treat each chapter like the episode(s) of my favorite television series. Or, if I reach a pivotal climactic section with some closure in a long book, I take a break away for a few days and read a short book cover-to-cover.

Not sure if that's much help, but I rarely have any trouble picking up the book I put down, so long as I remember to stop at a logical stopping point.

Amelia (narknon) | 523 comments Jon wrote: "Amelia wrote: "Plan on reading this one soon. I just have to figure out how I'm going to read this one and Gardens of the Moon. I'm usually a one book reader, so I need to figure out my reading s..."

That's a good idea. I really need to work out something. If the rest of the Malazan book are like Gardens, I'll be reading many books at the same time. I also think a small break would help with reading them. They are quite complicated. Reading the short books inbetween would give me some time to mull over ideas anyway.

message 15: by Kara (new)

Kara (sterlink) | 60 comments Still planning on continuing, but I decided to go ahead and pause mid-book. Waiting till March to continue on.

(A bit overloaded anyway, and don't want to miss out on my short-borrow new release library book The Ring of Solomon (Bartimaeus #4) by Jonathan Stroud )

message 16: by Jon (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments Finally got to start this today at lunch, after finishing Doomsday Book for another group. I'm loving it and think it will go by too fast.

message 17: by Jon (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments Anyone in the group still reading Magician: Master? It's been vewy vewy quiet. :)

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments I finished it.

message 19: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim (jimmaclachlan) I finished it, too. Good book, good stopping point - for now.

message 20: by Kara (new)

Kara (sterlink) | 60 comments Just finished it. =) Do I get the red lantern award?

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments Kara wrote: "Just finished it. =) Do I get the red lantern award?"

:D