Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

All About Heroines > Tough Girls. Love 'Em or Leave 'Em?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Who's your favorite butt kicking heroine, and why?

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Feb 22, 2011 05:30AM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I'm going to go with Rose from the Vampire Academy series. I think her character has the confidence that she needs in her profession, and enough sense to know that she's not invincible. It's because of that balance, she's one of the more likeable heroines in my opinion.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments I'd have to go with Kate Daniels from the Magic Bites series. LOVE her!

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Megan wrote: "I'd have to go with Kate Daniels from the Magic Bites series. LOVE her!"

That is a series that I really need to start. I keep hearing so many good things about it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I have Magic Bleeds and am waiting to start it. I normally HATE tough girls. I love Alpha males. Sometimes the tough girls are obnoxious. But I am willing to see if I can handle it. lol

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Faithmarie wrote: "I have Magic Bleeds and am waiting to start it. I normally HATE tough girls. I love Alpha males. Sometimes the tough girls are obnoxious. But I am willing to see if I can handle it. lol"

I know what you mean. I was a huge fan of Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series, but I just couldn't stand Anita after book 8 or 9. Her character just became extremely obnoxious after awhile.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

HA HA.... well I wont be reading that then ..... That is something that really frustrates me. Or I can read up to book 7......

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Faithmarie wrote: "HA HA.... well I wont be reading that then ..... That is something that really frustrates me. Or I can read up to book 7......"

LOL! I know there are some stone cold fans of the series, that have said its getting back to where it used to be. I'll probably start reading it again, but I'm not in any rush.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Let me know what you think the second time around...

message 10: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 27 comments Love, love, love Eve, Cat and Mercedes

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Okay...who are Eve, Cat and Mercedes?

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments LibraryLass wrote: "Love, love, love Eve, Cat and Mercedes"

What series is Eve in?

message 13: by LibraryLass (last edited Feb 25, 2011 01:42PM) (new)

LibraryLass | 27 comments Eve - In death series... J D Robb

Cat - Night huntress... Jeaniene Frost

Mercedes - Mercy Thompson... Patricia Briggs

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Thanks LibraryLass.

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Still thinking about my answer, but it will probably be one from IAD series.

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Magic Bites (other topics)