Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Achive of OLD posts > March BOM The Iron King

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (turtil) | 1767 comments Mod
Time for march's BOM!
i'm not putting this a a spoiler thread anymore. scince goodreads new invention of a spoiler HTML code.
to see how it work please see the help around goodreads topic in the Genreal folder. in it i describe how to do it(if your still stuck let me know)

So this month we are Reading
The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa The Iron King

Who are your Favourite Characters?
What did you love about this book?

message 2: by B.K. (new)

B.K. Walker (BKWalker) | 12 comments Yay I actually just bought this book :).

message 3: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (view spoiler)

message 4: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Feb 23, 2011 03:06PM) (new)

@Savannah: it's awesome isn't it!
it's like a new toy for me!

@Bk how lucky for you. i love it when that happens!
Please let us know what you think of the book!
I haven't got the book yet, but is the cover as pretty as it looks in the picture?

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i'm gonna get it on my kindle :)

message 6: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) The school just got this book in :D how lucky am i too :D i can participate

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i got it on my kindle last nite :)

message 8: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) Awesomeness :D

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) :)
but i know that i'll wanna read the 2nd one as well n its not out here yet :(

message 10: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) (view spoiler) Lolz i wanted to see if i to could do it! :D

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) lol

message 12: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) :P

message 13: by Adele, Moderator (new)

(view spoiler)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) (view spoiler)

message 15: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) LOLZ This is soooooooo much fun. Im so gonna do cryptic clues with this spolier thingo :D

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) lmfao :p

message 17: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) :P

message 18: by B.K. (new)

B.K. Walker (BKWalker) | 12 comments Adele wrote: "@Savannah: it's awesome isn't it!
it's like a new toy for me!

@Bk how lucky for you. i love it when that happens!
Please let us know what you think of the book!
I haven't got the book yet,..."

It sure it :)

message 19: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 7 comments I havent been very impressed with most of the YA faery novels. I hated "Wicked Lovely", etc. But I actually did like "The Iron King." The story reminded me a lot of the movie "Labyrinth." Which is one of my favorite childhood movies. I cant wait to read the rest of the series. I can tell there is going to be a fantastic love triangle between Puck, Ash and Meghan. It should be fun to see what happens!

message 20: by Adele, Moderator (new)

see ive heard that before(about it being like labyrinth-awesome movie), and that was why i wanted to read it.
have you read the labyrinth books? i haven't....yet!

message 21: by Joy (new)

Joy | 7 comments I really enjoyed the iron king, there is alot of action in it and you never get bored.

I wasn't quite sure if i was team ash after reading this one

message 22: by B.K. (new)

B.K. Walker (BKWalker) | 12 comments Ok I'm trying to find the questions that I had found before for The Iron King, I can't find them lol. Where are they?

BK

message 23: by Adele, Moderator (new)

what questions? i haven't posted any questions!!!! :oS
huh! i'm so confused!
did you mean message 1? or some other sort of questions?

message 24: by April (new)

April Inman (illustratergirl) | 64 comments Adele wrote: "see ive heard that before(about it being like labyrinth-awesome movie), and that was why i wanted to read it.
have you read the labyrinth books? i haven't....yet!"

Oh! i love the movie Labyrinth! Who's the author of the series? Love to read them.

message 25: by Adele, Moderator (new)

April wrote: "Oh! i love the movie Labyrinth! Who's the author of the series? Love to read them.
"

I'll reccomend them to you, but i'll put them on the groups bookshelf too!

message 26: by April (new)

April Inman (illustratergirl) | 64 comments That would be awesome. Thanks!

message 27: by B.K. (new)

B.K. Walker (BKWalker) | 12 comments Adele wrote: "what questions? i haven't posted any questions!!!! :oS
huh! i'm so confused!
did you mean message 1? or some other sort of questions?"

LOL. I had found questions for The Iron King and thought it was listed here. Now I'm not sure where I saw them at. Feel like I'm losing my mind haha.

message 28: by B.K. (new)

B.K. Walker (BKWalker) | 12 comments B.K. wrote: "Adele wrote: "what questions? i haven't posted any questions!!!! :oS
huh! i'm so confused!
did you mean message 1? or some other sort of questions?"

LOL. I had found questions for The Iron King ..."

The very first question was Are you team Ash or Team Robbie? The only one I remember.

message 29: by Adele, Moderator (new)

nope i didn't do that.... must be another group.
Maybe i should have done questions in relation to the book. what do people think?
if i do questions about the book, what sort of questions would people want? and how else would you discuss the book?(i honestly don't want people to think it's like school or soemthing, so any feedback will be appreciated just message me)

message 30: by B.K. (new)

B.K. Walker (BKWalker) | 12 comments Adele wrote: "nope i didn't do that.... must be another group.
Maybe i should have done questions in relation to the book. what do people think?
if i do questions about the book, what sort of questions would p..."

I don't think it would be like school. I think it would be fun to share our thoughts on certain topics of the book. Like the Team Ash vs Team Robin? Was Meghan to accepting of the fact that faeries existed or that she was actually a fairy too? Things along those lines would be great. Just my input though. I think it would guide us in a discussion.

BK

message 31: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Thanks for that. I love Feedback. Don't be afraid to give me feedback (good or bad-preferably not bad!).

i love the questions. i'll have to work out some questions for next months BOM. but i might see if i can sneek in some for april.
Thanks Again BK! :o)

message 32: by B.K. (new)

B.K. Walker (BKWalker) | 12 comments Adele wrote: "Thanks for that. I love Feedback. Don't be afraid to give me feedback (good or bad-preferably not bad!).

i love the questions. i'll have to work out some questions for next months BOM. but i mig..."

You're welcome :). Have a lot on my plate for April but may be able to sneak the book in :). Love this group!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.