Contemporary Christian Fiction discussion

Tell Me About Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not sure if this is where this topic should be. Anyway, I've introduced myself already. Others have, too, and it's been wonderful to meet y'all.

But who are you? Think of this as a reverse new members info discussion. Tell me about yourselves, what you like about contemporary Christian fiction, and how you came to be a reader and/or writer.

message 2: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishag) | 385 comments Mod
You're doing great Elisa! I'll "reverse" intro myself this afternoon when I get back from my "job" as a volunteer librarian at my church;)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Trish, can't wait to hear from and about you! =D

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Aw, no one has posted anything yet. Come on, people, I want to know about y'all!

message 5: by Trish (new)

Sorry for the delay...busy busy busy!
Anyway I'm 37 yrs old. I was brought up in NJ & moved to FL. in '92. I've been married for 7 years & have a 6 year old dog (boxer).

I went to Catholic school my whole life & stopped going to church after high school. I've "checked out" a few different religions & spiritual beliefs, but finally found God and was saved a little over a year ago in my Southern Baptist Church. I LOVE my church & God!

I'm an artist and love all arts/crafts! I'm a volunteer librarian at church & also sew, knit & crochet for "Stitches of Love". I'm also thinking about "working" at our "Compassion House" for homeless people too. I've been co-mod of this group for a little under a year & a new judge for "The Grace Awards".

I love to read especially while laying in the sun! Since I've been saved, I mainly only read Christian books and I don't read nearly as much as I'd like to -since I have a tendancy to fall asleep while reading NO MATTER WHAT I DO (I'm a little frustrated about that, can U tell?) Hee hee! I'm a HUGE Christian music fan too. Winter Jam was a blast!

Anyway, enough about me, I can't wait to hear about you and everyone else;)
Blessings!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Trish, thanks for telling me about yourself! You really do a lot, and that's impressive. I tend to have a harder time with Christian music and books. I'm not sure if it's because there's a disconnect between what's on the shelves and people around my age (20 and younger, basically), or if I'm just weird, haha. But I have a hard time with it and want more diversity.

I look forward to seeing what others say as well!

message 7: by John (last edited Feb 25, 2011 07:08PM) (new)

John Hopefully I can keep this short and not bore you all. I'm 43 years old and live in Nebraska (Husker Nation). I've been a Christian for 20+ years. I'm currently the director of a mentoring program for kids, which means I'm getting paid for work that is very similar to my 10 years as a volunteer youth leader at church. I attended one-year of seminary back in the mid-90s with aspirations of becoming a pastor. But I quickly learned that I could do more to help people as a volunteer than as an administrator, which is what I felt they were training me for. So I became a journalist instead. And now after 13-years as a reporter/newspaper editor, I have started a new chapter in my life and am working with kids full-time. However, I'm hoping to use my writing skills and take a stab at fiction in my spare time.

I just celebrated my fifth anniversary (second marriage). I have the most awesome son in the world, and he is an avid reader. In fact, it was my son that signed up for Goodreads to track his reading goals at school. While helping him set up his profile, I decided to join myself.

As you will see from my reading list, I'm not an avid reader of Christian fiction. What little I've read would be classified as historical biblical fiction because that's all there was way back when. I didn't read much of anything for about 10-15 years until I got my Kindle last year. So now I'm trying to get back into the habit of reading daily. However, my time so far has been focused on time travel stories and the new non-canonical Sherlock Holmes collections. I'm definitly hoping to discover some good Christian fiction that I enjoy, but so much of what I've looked into is more in the romance genre and that's not my thing.

Like Trish, I love Christian music. I grew up listening to Stryper and Petra, and I'm impressed with how far Contemporary Christian Music has come since then. Okay, I've rambled on long enough. Elisa, thanks for giving us an opportunity to learn more about each other.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

John, it's great to learn about you! My grandmother directs a Christian program that mentors youth in prison. It's great, so I know how valuable mentoring is for people in the teen world (including us shady 20 year-olds, haha). People could definitely use more help, not administrators, and I'm so happy you see that need. Lord knows I needed more than a pastor on Sunday morning when I was sixteen.

Congratulations on your anniversary. My one year anniversary with the hubby is coming up in April! Five years is great.

Most Christian fiction, I've noticed, is romance. I like romance, haha, as I'm a typical hopeless romantic, but I don't like it being the highlight of a story; makes it too dramatic. Still, there's little variety in the mainstream Christian fiction world. This is why I want to get into the non-common, indie world of Christian fiction. Maybe there's something better out there.

Again, glad to hear from you. I love getting to know others here on Goodreads.

message 9: by Steve (new)

Steve Groll | 18 comments This is the first time I have participated in the group. I have been working in churches for over 40 years. Presently I am the children's pastor at a church in Palm Springs, CA. I love working with children, probably because I never fully grew up myself. I think I have more fun than they do. I started writing suspenseful short stories that illustrated Biblical principles as discussion starters and teaching tools. I recently wrote a Christian fantasy novel for older children using much of the material I developed over the years. The book is called Beyond the Dead Forest and even though it is geared for older children, adults are really enjoying it too.

I've been married for 40 years. My wife is blind and when she is not listening to recorded books, I read some of the books that I review for other author friends to her. I read The Price of Trust to her and we both enjoyed it. She might have some input I can relate as we discuss it. We have two grown children. Both are married. My daughter has two boys.

I am also a photographer. Pizza is my favorite food. I love/hate computers. I have published some software in the past.

I would like to be friends with everyone here on Goodreads and FaceBook. If you would like to know more about my book or would like to read some of my teaching short stories visit me at

Author's Den
http://www.authorsden.com/stevegroll

Friends on FaceBook
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=...

I am really looking forward to participating and getting to know everyone.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Steve, nice to meet you and welcome to the group. From the sounds of things, you're a very busy man! What inspired you to write Beyond the Dead Forest? You're the first, well, "pastor"-titled person I've heard of (and I'll admit I don't know too, too many) that actually writes fantasy, though I love that you've tied in Biblical principles. I want to do that with my stories.

I must say, congratulations on forty years of being married. These days that's not as common. My one year anniversary is in two months, haha, and compared to forty years, one seems like a little drop of water into a great lake, you know?

Again, it was nice getting to know you, Steve, and I will definitely check out your Facebook and author pages.

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 70 comments Let's see...lol, I am 28 years old and taking the longer route to get my degree in elementary education. Decided to stray from my walk with Christ my second year at Texas A&M and things fell apart for me, but I wouldn't be where I am at, if I hadn't have gone through the hard things. Love my Aggies! Sadly, the choices I made lead me down a different path and I am unable to graduate with my undergraduate degree from A&M, but that's ok! I will finally graduate in December from Lamar University! After 7 years, I am ready. I also teach a single women's bible study and work at Lifeway Christian Bookstore. I am a huge football fan, and actually know what is going on during a game unlike most girls!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Jennifer, I'm a Longhorns fan (though only when it comes to their volleyball team, oddly enough), haha, and it's nice to see someone from Texas, though I'm sorry you won't be able to finish at A&M. What's your major?

Haha, most girls like me. I'm only interested in volleyball, sports-wise, though my family's pretty big on football (even the women; I'm the oddball).

Nice to meet you and thanks for sharing.

message 13: by Steve (new)

Steve Groll | 18 comments Elisa: I just finished an interview with a book blogger who asked me some of the same things you did about writing fantasy. Here is what I told him:

From an early age, TV shows like the Twilight Zone fascinated me. As a boy I was never good at sports or the arts, and I was not popular. Macabre short stories and books like The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, and A Wrinkle in Time became my escape and my best friends. Eventually I discovered a talent I had that others appreciated. When my Boy Scout troop went on campouts, they wanted me to tell scary stories as we lay in our sleeping bags at night. Armed with a head full of scary short stories, I became the unofficial story teller. So, fantasy fiction was something that I enjoyed, befriended, and eventually gave me a means to fit in.

When I was a teen, the teacher of our Sunday school class spent the entire hour just reading the Bible to us. That experience inspired me to never subject children to that approach. Of all the creative techniques I use to teach God’s word to children, story telling is one of the most effective. Remembering as kids how much we enjoyed scary stories, I write and tell my own suspenseful teaching stories that illustrate morals or Biblical principles to my students. Eventually, I used the material I developed to write a novel that would be both entertaining and educational. Now, some teachers are using my book to teach positive values. In fact, since there is no mention of God or the Bible in the book, Christians give it to non-churched friends. It sparks conversations because it illustrates Biblical truth without being preachy.

Thanks for asking, and good luck on your writing. I look forward to seeing some of your work someday.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Steve, I have a small Christian publishing business and its goal is to publish things that basically illustrate Christian, Biblical principles without the, um, arrogance that is usually associated with overly preachy material. I love it when a story is both entertaining and, underneath it all, has great Christian values. I don't think it's something that should be thumped over someone's head.

If you're interested in something my business has published (I'm trying so hard not to sound overly pushy here, haha, but I'm new at this so go easy on me), here's a link: http://warriorswithapen.com/blog1/books/

It's the only book we have now, but I want to publish more fiction than non-fiction and poetry in the future.

Thanks again for sharing! I really, really love your perspective on how Biblical morals and principles should be taught. A good story always works better than anything. Even Jesus taught in parables. Some of the best and most creative stories, in my opinion.

message 15: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanieinoh) | 28 comments I am finally getting to an introduction :)
I am Melanie and just joined this group right before you did Elisa.
I am Mom to 6 children ages 3-15. I homeschool them which keeps me very busy. We also live on a farm, primarily dairy goats but we also have beef cows, chickens, ducks. 'Kidding season' is right around the corner where we start milking goats again and bottle feeding babies (to make them more tame).
I make soap from the goat milk as well as cheeses.
I love to sew and quilt. I have a small etsy site that I put things on when I get them done. I love the creativity that sewing gives me. It is my winter hobby as the farm gets so busy come spring.
I love to read and actually get more reading in the summer when the kids are out of school.
I was saved in college in a fellowship group at a secular college, so have been a Christian for 18 years now.
I am excited about joining a book group on line like this as it is so hard for me to travel to actual book clubs and the time commitment. This is perfect for me to pop in and read when I have time!!

message 16: by Aileen (new)

Aileen Stewart I joined this group to talk about what a tremendous writer my fellow Tate author Amanda Stephan is, but as long as I'm here I might as well introduce myself. My name is Aileen Stewart and I am a children's author from Shelby, Ohio. My first book Fern Valley-A Collection of Short Stories released on March first and I am truly excited to be taking this journey!

message 17: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi I guess I've never introduced myself. I'm Nike Chillemi. I'm a new author at Desert Breeze Publishing. My debut historical suspense novel Burning Hearts (arson/murder and romance) comes on in May, 2011. I write book reviews for The Christian Pulse. I was an Inspy Awards 2010 judge in the Suspense/Thriller/Mystery category. I will be a Carol Awards 2011 judge in Suspens, Mystery, and Romantic Suspense. I am the founding member of the Grace Awards, a reader driven Christian fiction awards. I'm a member of the American Fiction Christian Writers and the Edgy Christian Fiction Lovers in Ning.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Melanie, welcome to the group! I guess we can learn the ropes together, haha. Six kids! Whew, and homeschooling. That's got to be hard.

You know, I love it when creativity gives back positivity and just makes you feel better! It's wonderful. The thing I love about Goodreads so far is that I'm in random book clubs plus a little more particular ones like this. Now, to find a Christian fantasy club, haha.

Welcome and thank you for telling a little bit about you.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Aileen, Amanda Stephan looks like she's got a pretty awesome book in Price of Trust. Congratulations on being published! I bet that's so exciting.

Thanks for sharing!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Nike, congrats on the novel publication! Seems everyone around here's getting published, which is truly awesome. You don't see a lot of suspense novels in the Christian fiction section. I hope your book does well.

Could you give me links to those Ning sites? I would love to try and join in more Christian groups online.

message 21: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi Elisa wrote: "Melanie, welcome to the group! I guess we can learn the ropes together, haha. Six kids! Whew, and homeschooling. That's got to be hard.

You know, I love it when creativity gives back positiv..."

I'm also homeschooling, but only one child. I take my hat off to anyone who can homeschool 6 kids.

My debute novel, Burning Hearts (arson/murder and romance) is action packed...has a feisty heroine who decides to do some sleuthing and gets in trouble and a hero, a former Army Ranger who rescues her.

message 22: by Paula (new)

Paula Wiseman (paula_wiseman) | 4 comments I just joined a few days ago, too. My first book Contingency released in December 2010, so I've been on a steep learning curve lately. I have an engineer husband, a homeschooled theater rat 8th grader, a 4th grade Lego maniac and 4 year old princess. Right now I read mostly for school prep, but I love grabbing recommendations for those days when I'm reading for fun. Looking forward to the discussions!

message 23: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi Paula wrote: "I just joined a few days ago, too. My first book Contingency released in December 2010, so I've been on a steep learning curve lately. I have an engineer husband, a homeschooled the..."

Paula, I home school a 7th grader and I'm able to keep up with the math so far. I'm concerned about not being up to teaching 8th grade math and science. How do you handle it?

message 24: by Paula (new)

Paula Wiseman (paula_wiseman) | 4 comments I was a chemist before I had kids, and my husband is a Chemical Engineer so we have science covered. However, math was never my "thing". I know Saxon math has a digital whiteboard on DVD with their upper level math courses that includes detailed explanations of them concepts and examples.
For science tho, you might consider online courses or DVD-driven curriculum. Most have excellent help groups for parents without science backgrounds.

message 25: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi Thx. I was thinking of various DVD courses.

We've discussed putting her back in public school, but she gets distracted very easily. She was adopted out of foster care and has issues that caused a short attentions span.

She went from the lowest level in public school to grade level in homeschooling. I'm afraid her grades will drop if she goes back to public school. We're in NYC and the schools are very chaotic.

We're going to move to Fla and we may put her back in school there...just so she can learn to deal.

message 26: by Paula (new)

Paula Wiseman (paula_wiseman) | 4 comments Some kids really thrive as homeschoolers. I'd also recommend A Mind at a Time by Mel Levine. He's made a career out of helping kids develop learning strategies to help them in a public school environment when that setting may not be suited to their learning styles.

message 27: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi I don't want to put her back in the NYC public schools if I can handle teaching the science and math. That environment is to disruptive.

We're moving because we've gotten everything we can out of NYC a long time ago. We're just waiting for my husband to be able to retire. We adopted Delayne older in life than most.

We picked a locale to move to in Fl that had a church we want to attend. We're hoping the public schools there are not as chaotic. She's like to go to a real school again at least her senior year.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Nike, I would think the school system would be less chaotic, but I don't much about Florida, other than Disney World (haha).

Senior year is a huge deal for teens. I regretted being homeschooled and not being able to say bye to all my friends. We lost touch, too, but I think that's normal for high school friends.

Honestly, I'm impressed by any parent that does homeschooling and actually teaches the curriculum themselves. I was in a homeschool program that was more a distance education and I had to teach myself (I had books available to me and course guides and all that, but still). It was really, really demanding and difficult.

Hope Florida is better for y'all then NYC.

message 29: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 10 comments I'm a homeschooler as well. I've already sent one off to college (engineering). The other is in high school. :o)

I love to read all types of books (except horror). I dabble in jewelry-making. It's a fairly new hobby of mine - and one I don't get as much time for as I'd like between school, housework, and the pain of my condition.

I know you all talked about math. I was not a math whiz at all and I did fine with mine. I used a couple different things in early elementary school. When it got to upper and middle school I switched to Bob Jones. They do a lot more story problems and teach how to think through your math along with solid problem solving. For Algebra and Geometry I switched to Videotext Interactive. They even teach logic as part of the lessons. I have been very impressed with their approach and the results. I watch the lessons with my son, but if there is a problem we don't understand or we get stuck on a concept, we can call their toll free number to get help. I used it for my son who got a full ride engineering scholarship as well. :o)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Lee, hi! What type of schooling are you going through?

message 31: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 10 comments Elisa wrote: "Lee, hi! What type of schooling are you going through?"

When I said time was short because of school - I meant the time I invest in teaching my son. He's struggling this year with a couple classes. He isn't as strong in English as he'd like to be, so he always needs more input. He also is having more trouble with Chemistry. His brother is the science nerd, he's my people person. He likes geometry but doesn't like Algebra. He likes things to be... practical. Algebra isn't really. He can often see a simpler way to get the answer that doesn't involve algebra, but that isn't really the point of the lesson. lol It's hard because I know it will help him with test scores for college, scholarship applications... and that sort of thing. He has a point about practical applications for a lot of it though. For someone who isn't going into a mathematical field, it really isn't something you'll use much in life.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh,gosh. Chemistry! I swear that class took years off my life. I cried out of frustration and confusion so many times. And algebra is beyond impractical. He must be smart! I can never grasp the problems, period, haha. Honestly, I'd have to agree. I'll never use exponents or radicals ever! Why should I be forced to take the class?

Oh, I'm taking an Algebra 2 college course at my community college. I want to get an English major and I still have to take a science (with a lab credit), another math class after this one (this one doesn't transfer to the university I want to go to), and then a public speaking course.

The public speaking I get, but the other two make me want to quit college. I already went through this. Not once in high school but also in middle school. A third time is a little excessive.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry! That was a total school rant. Bottom line is, I level with your son and have been where he's at.

message 34: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi Elisa, Delayne couldn't do a homeschooling program by herself. She was adopted out of foster care and was in the most remedial spec ed classes.

She has vision issues and one of her foster parents would not let her wear her glasses anywhere but in school. That stunted her in every area of her life.

I've been doing homeschooling because I don't like the atmosphere in the NYC schools at all and I've been trying to catch her up. She's about at grade level now.

message 35: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi Elisa wrote: "Sorry! That was a total school rant. Bottom line is, I level with your son and have been where he's at."

Elisa,

My daughter. Delayne can be either a girl or boy's first name.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Nike, so sorry! For some reason I thought you said son. I'm really sorry. =(

message 37: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi She's a tom boy. Right now she hates pink.

A few months ago she wore a lot of bright pink.

Go figure.

message 38: by Margaret (last edited Mar 06, 2011 09:29PM) (new)

Margaret Metz | 10 comments Elisa wrote: "Nike, so sorry! For some reason I thought you said son. I'm really sorry. =("

Maybe you meant me and my son. I do have a son - in fact two of them. One just isn't at home anymore. lol He's the one who doesn't think Algebra is practical and is struggling with Chemistry.

message 39: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi Could be. At this point, I'm not sure. :)

It doesn't matter. It all got straightened out.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Gosh, I feel embarrassed. I did mean your son, Lee, but I think I directed the message to Nike.

I think.

message 41: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 10 comments LOL - Like Nike said, it doesn't matter. That is one of the weaknesses of trying to "talk" online. Mistakes can be made and sometimes people misunderstand what we're trying to say.

Nike, your daughter faces a few more challenges than most and I'm really glad you're willing to take the time to home educate her. I think it will give her a huge advantage when it comes time for her to go to college (or if you do place her back in school for her senior year).

A couple things you may want to consider as you prepare to make that decision... I was an Army brat and had to graduate early because my family was being moved to a school system where the requirements were much different than where I had been attending high school. They had special physical education requirements (a year of swimming) plus they said I was required to have their state history to graduate, and four more credits than were required than the state I had just left. I would only have had one semester there (a little less actually) and no possible time to make up what they wanted. I had a couple more credits than I needed for my state, so I went ahead and graduated early and then volunteered in the school district as a teacher's aid for the few weeks we stayed.

That same lesson was taught to me again as a parent. My oldest son was going to have to repeat an entire grade because one school wouldn't promote him (too early) and we had to move) and the school district we moved to wouldn't accept him because it was too late in the year and they didn't accept the other state's curriculum. So they wanted him to repeat the grade. That's why I initially started homeschooling.

The other thing is that I used to run a homeschool support group and we belong to one now. They have everything from sports to their own National Honor Societies. We have yearbooks, school pictures, field trips... My son has a class ring. It may be that she won't feel like she missed out on near as much as you think if you get involved in something like that. We even have co-ops that help teach advanced classes or specialized skills (like art, music, sewing and drama).

I don't mean to push it on anyone but many people don't know those organizations are out there or what they provide. Since homeschooling has grown so much in the last few years there is a lot more support for it and the resources available have grown as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Lee, you've been through a lot in the school system.

message 43: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi Lee wrote: "LOL - Like Nike said, it doesn't matter. That is one of the weaknesses of trying to "talk" online. Mistakes can be made and sometimes people misunderstand what we're trying to say.

Nike, your daug..."

If we're still in NYC I don't think she'll go to public school. The atmosphere is too rough.

I joined the state Christian homeschooling group and Delayne hated it. We went to a working farm last year as one of the trips. She didn't make any friends. And we went to their Christmas party where she was OK because she ate herself silly on the homebaked goods, but didn't make any friends.

How can I put it in literary terms. That Christian homeschool group was CBA and I'm Edgy Christian Fiction Lovers.

I've been looking for a secular homeschooling support group. We're a little out of the box for many Christian groups.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Nike, what do you mean by out of the box?

message 45: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 10 comments Nike wrote: "Lee wrote: "LOL - Like Nike said, it doesn't matter. That is one of the weaknesses of trying to "talk" online. Mistakes can be made and sometimes people misunderstand what we're trying to say.

N..."

It may depend on where you go. The place where we were (we recently moved) had three support groups for us to choose from and they all were different. One of them was secular. Here I know there are more of them around - but I found one based right in our town. It is... How can I say this... based in Christian principles but not a Christian group. I think that's how they word it on their web page. There is no statement of faith and not everyone who belongs is a Christian.

The Christian group I ran had people from all different churches and different ideas on homeschooling. We had everything from the dress wearing/no make-up strict King James only crowd to a family who had a son with piercings who played in a band. His sister had a different shade of hair every time I met her. They were a lot of fun.

I wouldn't give up on the group idea because of one experience. They often take the flavor of whomever is running it and you may have a better experience elsewhere. Secular may be a better choice to avoid those overly judgmental types. I can't stand them myself. It's a sad commentary on many churches and Christians. I was just telling someone else the other day that I think we (Christians) would do a better job if people weren't so afraid to be open and real with each other. As it is - it's like they think they have to be perfect and leave their problems and real life at the church doors. It unfortunately makes it seem like God has no place in the rest of their lives. They leave Him at the church doors as well. :o(

Now that I've taken this thread in a totally different direction, I apologize and step off the soap box.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Honestly, I love that last paragraph especially. My husband and I have been burned more by Christians than by "secular" people. Why? Because Christian's aren't open or honest and my husband and I want to be. I don't have a perfect life, and I hate that Christians expect that other Christians have to be flawless..

Yeah, right.

And I'll end that there before I get angry. Haha.

message 47: by Trish (new)

The thought of teaching children is giving me an explosive headache (& I don't even have children;)

I hear on TV all of the time how education in Fl. is among the worst in the country. Sorry for the bad news. I wish I had more details for you other than that, but I don't pay much attention to the news these days (it's too depressing!)
I wish you all the best though!

P.S. I'm in the Tampa/Orlando area and it's already like summer here! LOVE IT!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Seem like the education system in this country isn't all that great these days. I've heard a lot of complaints both in Texas and California about the schools and the education systems.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

PhD in literature, huh? How is that going? I want an MFA in Creative Writing but never really considered a PhD in English or anything like that. What is your book about? I decided to self publish as well, though I'm not sure if I'm going to stick to it. Time will tell.

Good to see you here!

message 50: by Trish (new)

Hi Vinny! Welcome! I have a few friends that read, but no one seems to like to have any deep discussions about the books, so we're kinda in the same boat. We're glad you're here!

« previous 1