Nicholas Sparks Novels discussion

News, Updates, & Contests > “SAFE HAVEN” To Become A Movie

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by valee, Your moderator (new)

valee | 164 comments Mod
"Fans of highly successful romantic novelist Nicholas Sparks will be glad to hear that movie rights for upcoming novel Safe Haven have been sold. Safe Haven — which isn't published until September 14th — tells the story of Katie, a woman who moves to a small North Carolina town, falls in love and struggles with dark secrets.
Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey, producers of The Twilight Saga are on board to produce the movie adaptation, which has a rumored 2012 release date. The movie will be self-distributed by Relativity, with production thought to start sooner rather than later.
The acquisition comes hot on the heels of two other 2010 adaptations of Sparks' novels — Dear John and The Last Song — which saw worldwide box office grosses of $110 million and $88 million respectively.
After Channing Tatum, Amanda Seyfriend, and Miley Cyrus all played Sparks' much-loved characters, which Hollywood heartthrobs do you think will be signing on for a role in Safe Haven?

Read more about Nicholas Sparks' Safe Haven Coming to the Big Screen by www.reelzchannel.com"

Source

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

cant wait for the movie /......

message 3: by valee, Your moderator (new)

valee | 164 comments Mod
From NS twitter:

SAFE HEAVEN is getting closer to getting a date to start filming. No cast yet, but the screenplay is almost done!

message 4: by Belle (new)

Belle | 2 comments So excited!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 22 comments I wonder how they are going to keep it from being too much like Sleeping With the Enemy though?

message 6: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) yes. I'm excited :)
Nicholas Sparks went here yesterday for Book signing tour and announced that The Best of Me will be a movie too after the Safe Haven.

The cast of Safe Haven will be announce after a month.

message 7: by Gina (new)

Gina Estrada (IamMrsEstrada) | 14 comments i'll be reading this book soon after i finished The Last Song.. I'm soooo excited to read Safe Haven and to watch it on the big screen! :)))))

Joann(san diego shutterbug) OMG.... i cant wait to see safe haven the movie. that book was awsome. it hit a little close to home with issue of the domestic violence in my own life and it was hard to read emotionally but in the end it was such a wonderful book i cant wait to see the movie.

Bebs Brooke Shields | 10 comments Safe Haven is up for release February of 2013.. I think Anne Hathaway will b perfect for Katie..:)

Bebs Brooke Shields | 10 comments Safe Haven is up for release February of 2013.. I think Anne Hathaway will b perfect for Katie..:)

message 13: by Gina (new)

Gina Estrada (IamMrsEstrada) | 14 comments Bebs Brooke Shields wrote: "Safe Haven is up for release February of 2013.. I think Anne Hathaway will b perfect for Katie..:)"

Anne will play the role of Katie? well i was thinking of much more older than her... but Anne Hathaway is a good actress and maybe she'll give justice with the role. :)

Bebs Brooke Shields | 10 comments Gina wrote: "Bebs Brooke Shields wrote: "Safe Haven is up for release February of 2013.. I think Anne Hathaway will b perfect for Katie..:)"

Anne will play the role of Katie? well i was thinking of much more ..."

Gina wrote: "Bebs Brooke Shields wrote: "Safe Haven is up for release February of 2013.. I think Anne Hathaway will b perfect for Katie..:)"

Anne will play the role of Katie? well i was thinking of much more ..."

Nope, that was just my opinion on who will play who. :)

message 15: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments That's really cool that safe haven is going to be a movie

message 16: by Anna (new)

Anna (StrawberriesChampagne) | 1 comments I kept picturing Natalie Portman as Katie. Although since she just had a baby last year, I don't know if she's going to be doing any films for awhile. I also wouldn't mind seeing Sophia Bush as Katie. Jake Gyllenhal is my pick for Alex. Or maybe Josh Lucas. For Kevin, I see Josh Duhamel or James Marsden. I saw Anne Hathaway more as Jo/Carly or Keri Russell.

message 17: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments I kept picturing Madeline Zima as katie and Cody Dorkin as alex

Bebs Brooke Shields | 10 comments Anna wrote: "I kept picturing Natalie Portman as Katie. Although since she just had a baby last year, I don't know if she's going to be doing any films for awhile. I also wouldn't mind seeing Sophia Bush as Kat..."

I agree with Jake Gyllenhall as Alex, Natalie will be great as well..the exes whew!..:)

message 19: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments Nah i don't think jake gyllenhall will not be in that movie lol

message 20: by Christina rae (new)

Christina rae (chrisyraejay) | 23 comments I saw the poster online sometime ago
I really hope Bethany Joy Gaelotti stays as Katie
she'd be amazing over sophia bush
either way go one tree hill ! also based in north carolina :)

message 21: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments Yeah i know me too and i love one tree hill

message 22: by Christina rae (new)

Christina rae (chrisyraejay) | 23 comments wicked! ya i loved it upto peyton's wedding
some of the new characters really suck lol

message 23: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments I didn't know that you liked one tree hill

message 24: by Christina rae (new)

Christina rae (chrisyraejay) | 23 comments i love it actually:)
been hooked since high school

message 25: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments oh nice

message 26: by Christina rae (new)

Christina rae (chrisyraejay) | 23 comments hopefully sophia or bethany stay on as katie
i think alex or peyton wouldn't fit as well lol

message 27: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments Yeah i hope so too

Who's your favorite one tree hill cast member and why?

message 28: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 13 comments Mlpmom wrote: "I wonder how they are going to keep it from being too much like Sleeping With the Enemy though?"

That's a good point. I hadn't thought about how close to that movie it is...

message 29: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments I hope safe haven is a movie

message 30: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments I can't wait to see that movie

message 31: by Heather (new)

Heather (heather_j) I agree with your list! I can't wait to see who they end up choosing.

Emily wrote: "I started a discussion about the cast before I knew about this book club. here are my picks
I hope Kristen Bell for Katie/Erin,
I hope for Eric Dane for Alex,
I hope for Christian Bale for Kevin,..."

message 32: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (Melmissa) | 1 comments Safe Haven is one of my most favorite books. It is such a great read and I fell in love with it! Im so happy to know that it is going to be movie!!!!

message 33: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I'm pretty excited for this. :)
For me, this book is not the typical Nicholas Sparks novel.
it was good that I didn't expect the ending.

message 34: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments I'm so excited to see that movie

Bebs Brooke Shields | 10 comments Heather wrote: "I agree with your list! I can't wait to see who they end up choosing.

Emily wrote: "I started a discussion about the cast before I knew about this book club. here are my picks
I hope Kristen Bell ..."

oh i love Kristen Belle, how come I haven't think about that?:) and I so love Eric Dane ( McSteamy!), he's voice is sooo sexy.. but I've read this article that they're casting Keira Knighty? but its not sure yet..

message 36: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments I think bethany joy galeotti should play in that movie

message 37: by Lori (new)

Lori (charm72) | 1 comments I would love to see Bethany Joy Galeotti in the role of Katie. I just don't see Kiera Knightly as Katie:(

message 38: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments Yeah me too but i don't think that's going to happen

message 39: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 7 comments that`s exciting! I really liked this book, I thought it was kind of different than what Nicholas Sparks typically writes about. I would have no idea who he would cast for this movie! However channing tatum is ALWAYS an excellent choice :)

message 40: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I'm so excited! I saw a post on Nicholas Sparks page on facebook.. Julianne Hough will be playing Katie and Josh Duhamel as Alex. I wonder who is Kevin :)

message 41: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 7 comments REALLY?!? when is it supposed to come out? oh my god thats so exciting! I loved safe haven, it was such a great story also. as are almost all of nicholas sparks booka!

message 42: by Maygin (new)

Maygin (mayginluvsbooks) | 8 comments I like Julianne Hough and josh Duhamel is dreamy! I can hardly wait for the movie.

message 43: by Asha (new)

Asha Seth (badbookthief) Cant wait!

message 44: by Cams (new)

Cams (thedaydreamreader) oh my! Can't wait for this movie!

message 45: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments I can't wait to see that movie

message 46: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (purpledreams30) | 3 comments Safe Haven Official Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj6i_Z...

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

The book was better but I still liked the movie