The Help Group discussion

Miscellaneous > Writing Perspective

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) I'm writing this thing, it might fail utterly but I have a question that would be odd asking random people so I want YOUR perspective.

What would you do if your younger brother (you guys are orphans) got hit by a car and died?

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) Question: Was I there when he died?

message 3: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 181 comments I'm not sure... It depends totally on the situation.

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) @ Ivi: Shortly after. Then you saw as the paramedics took him away. It was at school.
@ Switch: See that's why I'm at a dilemma. Because mostly I've had a pretty good life. One of the tips I got in a writing group was sum up 5 of your most life-changing event and channel those emotions into the story but the thing is: I've barely had any life-changing events!

message 5: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 181 comments Describe the little boy. Thats what I was referring to.

message 6: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) Oh. Well he's somewhere around the 11-13 age area, and they grew up together when their parents died, skipping from foster home to foster home.

message 7: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 181 comments I'd sob my heart out, like I did in 'The Outsiders' when Johnny died.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) I'd be crying. Then I'd be going into shock, leading to disbelief as many deaths often lead to, therefore I would be living a lot more quietly and a show a bit more signs of depression. I would need someone to comfort me, but not necessarily want someone to comfort me, if that makes sense.

message 9: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) Okay I'm opening a Micrsoft Word Document and writing these down for ideas. You mind?
Because so far Sky's reaction (She's his sister) was uncontrollably sobbing and she won't talk to anyone.

message 10: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 181 comments I don't mind.

message 11: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) Thanks!

message 12: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 181 comments welcome.

message 13: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) Okay, I'm starting to see something here.
And I'm getting out of my writer's block!

message 14: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 181 comments Good!

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) Kat wrote: "Okay I'm opening a Micrsoft Word Document and writing these down for ideas. You mind?
Because so far Sky's reaction (She's his sister) was uncontrollably sobbing and she won't talk to anyone."

That's good. She would feel like shit, basically.

message 16: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 181 comments Yup. :/

message 17: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

The Pyromaniac00 (pyromaniac00) | 367 comments Mod
I love seeing you gals getting along so well :) I wish I could help out a bit but I'm kinda confused..

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) ...

I already knew Kat from other groups. ;-;

message 19: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

Oh...Didn't know that >.<

message 20: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) :D Heheh.. But I don't know Switch. She's cool!

message 21: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

>.< really??

message 22: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) Yeah

message 23: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

It seemed like you knew her very well. I've seen you both talk a lot and thought you must know each other >.<

message 24: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) In this group, I just joined yesterday! But we've talked before, and if it was in other groups then I forgot.

message 25: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

>.< wow

message 26: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) :D

message 27: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

So if you just joined why didn't you say so in the welcome topic? I thought you were one of the many inactive people in the group.

message 28: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) *shruggs*
e.e Welcomes always be spammed and it's just akward for the newbie.

message 29: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

Oh. Not here. With only 4 or 5 people who ever post there is no chance of that

message 30: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) *sighez*
Faine.
*goes off to Welcome*

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Taylor | 62 comments I would pretty much feel like the last piece of my heart had been torn out. The only family I had left and clung to, taken away from me... I would probably become a little bitter and awfully withdrawn.

Also, a good group for writers and possible blockage: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/4...
Or was good before it started to die.. maybe new writers will help bring it alive again. :)

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) Kat wrote: "*sighez*
Faine.
*goes off to Welcome*"

That's why you go and abuse your capslock key what.

Some inside jokes we'll never let go. :3

message 33: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 181 comments lol

message 34: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) Lol Ivi,