Love Inspired Historicals discussion

What President Would You Most Like to Meet?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
In honor of all the President's, which one would you most like to sit down to dinner with? Lincoln? Washington? Or???

message 2: by JanetTronstad (new)

I'm going to say Lincoln for me -- I've always been so impressed with him. Not that he was perfect, but he did seem to live with integrity.

message 3: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments I was thinking Licoln myself but I am thinking maybe Washington But then Teddy Rosevelt (sp) may be interesting to talk to also.

message 4: by JanetTronstad (new)

I agree about Teddy Roosevelt. Hummm -- so many choices.

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments Maybe it should be who dont we want to have a meal with!
Of course I dont know all your presidents. Grant would be interesting to to hear hes take on the war etc. But Roosevelt because of him standing on his own basically and getting in.

message 6: by JanetTronstad (new)

LOL, Ausjenny -- I think I'd have a hard time picking the one I least wanted to have a meal with, too -- we have had some real duds.

message 7: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments True and then I guess there is always interest in the duds! Hey I got to sit by President Obama
(sure hes a bear!)

message 8: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments added my photo to the photos.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "LOL, Ausjenny -- I think I'd have a hard time picking the one I least wanted to have a meal with, too -- we have had some real duds."

Amen to that!

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments I would have to say Lincoln or Alexander Hamilton. I've meet Bush Sr before. Nice guy. Always came to sports events at A&M since we have his library there. You always saw him running on campus and his security guards right behind him.

message 11: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Ronald Reagan .

message 12: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Kingery (goodreadscomlaurie_kingery) | 137 comments I'm with Terri--Reagan, the best president of our times.

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Laurie wrote: "I'm with Terri--Reagan, the best president of our times."

He was voted the most popular president in the presidential poll today.

message 14: by Heidi (last edited Feb 21, 2011 10:40PM) (new)

Heidi | 985 comments I'm not going by political party, or what was done during their time as president. My answer is just based upon who I think would be interesting and easy to speak with. As to be quite honest I find that most politicians lie about what they will give you, tell half truths about who they are, say what they think the public wants to hear, and only really become interesting after their time as president. Lol, I am not at all cynical ;)

With that in mind it would be Jimmy Carter I would like to meet. I love all of the humanitarian and diplomatic work he does and has done in the past. I find him to be a man who is not overly concerned with appearances, and true to his roots. His wife seems lovely as well. I think time with him would be genuine, you would feel at ease. It seems as if you would be able to speak with him about his perspective on the job of being president and not get a canned answer.

message 15: by JanetTronstad (new)

Yes, Heidi, he would be a fine one to talk with. I've been impressed, too, with all his humanitarian work.

message 16: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments I like the way Heidi writes, most of them are not truthful about what they will do or not do in office, Many I think change as others tell them what to do and say once they get into office.
But..I have read many things about Geo Bush and his christian beliefs and I would like to sit with him and have a discussion about life, why he did some of the things he did and how he feels now that it is all over.

message 17: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Personally, I think that it's no mistake that Ronald Reagan was born in Feb., joining Washington and Lincoln. I think it's interesting also that Washington left no heirs. I've always thought that was God's way of keeping Americans from setting up a dynasty where Washington's would be national figures for generations, like Napoleon's descendants in France. Now changing saddles, I have Gail Martin on my blog and also on the Craftie Ladies of Romance blog today. One is a neat Youtube Interview with her.
I have a busy day, friends, so take care!

message 18: by Heidi (last edited Feb 22, 2011 03:27PM) (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Paula wrote: "I like the way Heidi writes, most of them are not truthful about what they will do or not do in office, Many I think change as others tell them what to do and say once they get into office.
But..I..."

Thanks Paula :), and I agree GB Jr. would be a president I would have a lot of questions for as well. So I agree that he would make for good dinner conversation. And just so no one misunderstands, I'm not passing judgement on him by saying that either :).

message 19: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments That is easy for me, it would certainly be George Washington! He's my hero! I have studied him a lot, and am so impressed with the kind of man he was. I would love to sit and talk with him and tell him thanks for being an instrument in bringing to pass this country I love so very much... Next would be Thomas Jefferson, I love him too...

message 20: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments Jefferson would be good too. some would be to say Why!
I know I may get shot down here but from an aussie view Im not sure I would want to meet George bush jr.

message 21: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments It's hard to decide, but I think Lincoln would be my choice. I am amazed at all of the things he had to go through during the Civil War.