Hunger Games discussion

Book Discussions > Hunger Games *SPOILERS*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 150 (150 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 317 comments Mod
Discuss the Hunger Games here!

message 2: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

♫Nicola♫ (disneybookprincess) | 348 comments Mod
I LOVE CATCHING FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mockingjay ruins all the characters though . . .

message 3: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

Agreed. Peeta goes nutzo, Katniss gets depressed (more than usual), Prim DIES! :( And I was on Team Gale! D: I loved Hunger Games! It was friggin AWESOME! The characters were developing pretty well (as in Catching Fire.) Though I gotta admit that Mockingjay was the first book I ever cried during. And that's saying something. I didn't even cry during the HP series.

message 4: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

I AM STILL ON TEAM GALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cried at HP7 when everyone dies, but not at Mockingjay!!!

message 5: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

I cried when Prim died.

message 6: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

Aw, that was a sad part, OHMYGOSH, I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE FINNICK IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 7: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

Me too! He was soooo funny! And he just got married too!

message 8: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

AND HE HAD A KID AND POOR ANNIE HAS TO RAISE HIM ON HER OWN AND THAT IS JUST SO NOT COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 9: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

Agreed!

message 10: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

Mockingjay is a terrible ending to an amazing first two books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 11: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

Yes! Though I gotta admit that I hated (at first) Catching Fire's ending because I wanted to read more.

message 12: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

Yeah, I hated it because it left you hanging (cliff-hanger) and I freaked and I think my dad heard and thought that I was insane or being tortured or something!!!!!!!!

message 13: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

I was jumping around the house like a maniac. My family didn't react. It's normal for me to do that after finishing a book.

message 14: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

It was like, 10:30 and my mom was asleep when I finished and I completely SPAZZED so my dad didn't know what was going on, plus my door was closed XD

message 15: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

One time I was reading this book late into the night (i wasn't supposed to) and I got to the end and a character died! I was sooooo sad that I just started crying. (Loved that character!) And my mom rushed into my room saying, "What's wrong?!" And I replied, "Character's Name DIED! WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?! HE WAS KILLED BY HIS OWN MOTHER! WHY?!!!" And then she scolded me for staying up late reading.

message 16: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

Aw, that's depressing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 17: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

ikr?!!

message 18: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

OH, and Madge was killed too!!!!!!!!! Along with her whole family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is really sad!!!!!!!!!!!

message 19: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

OMG! I forgot that! I liked Madge.

message 20: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

I DID TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She saved Gale's life but then she DIED.

message 21: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

D:

message 22: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (last edited Mar 15, 2011 05:32PM) (new)

*HARRY POTTER SPOILERS IN THE WRONG TOPIC ;P*

That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OHMYGOSH, IT'S LIKE HARRY POTTER WHERE FRED, LUPIN, TONKS, COLLIN CREEVEY, AND EVERYONE DIES BUT HARDLY ANY DEATH EATERS DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 23: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

YEAH! AND IT TOOK FOREVER FOR VOLDY TO DIE! NOT COOL!

message 24: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW COME ALL THE GOOD GUYS DIE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

message 25: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

I DON'T KNOW! BUT IT'S TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

message 26: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

THAT'S SO NOT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 27: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

IT'S ALSO NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 28: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 29: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

Sometimes I want to go up to the writer and say, "Why don't you kill one of the evil characters for a change? Stop killing the characters everyone loves! It's mean!"

message 30: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

Haha, that would be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't like predictable happy endings, but you don't have to kill AAAALLLLLLLLL the good guys!!!!!!!!!!!

message 31: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

Yeah me too. Like in Hunger Games. That wasn't predictable but they killed waaay to many good guys.

message 32: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many people died that I really liked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 33: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

We need to come up with a list of faves that died.

List:
1.Prim!

message 34: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (last edited Mar 17, 2011 01:44PM) (new)

2. FINNICK!!!

message 35: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

3.Rue!

message 36: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

4. Madge!!

message 37: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

5.Every kid that didn't deserve to be in the Hunger Games. (And died in the Hunger Games.)

message 38: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

6. All of the Star Shot team except Gale, Katniss, and Peeta

message 39: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

*whispers*I'm running out of ideas. WAIT! I have one more.

7.The innocent souls who died during the bombings.

message 40: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

*whispers back* it's okay, I am too!!
8. CINNA!!!

message 41: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

OMG! I totally forgot! How bad of me!

And yeah I'm out of ideas.

message 42: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

Uhh. . .
9. All the victors in those games that died

*gasp*
10. MAGS!!!!

message 43: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

OMG! I forgot!

message 44: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

Mags was so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 45: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

ikr?

message 46: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

I can't believe that she died!!!!!!!!! That was so sad!!!!!!!!! Plus

(view spoiler)

message 47: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

Yeah! And she was also...

(view spoiler)

message 48: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (last edited Mar 20, 2011 06:39AM) (new)

EXACTLY!!!!!!! Plus she

(view spoiler)

message 49: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I have an evil career boy and a nice sweet boy charrie. (new)

Yeah! That was so...

(view spoiler)

message 50: by ♫Nicola♫, Happy endings are better in real life ♥ (new)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! And before that

(view spoiler)

« previous 1 3