The Lorien Legacies discussion

The Fandom > Did you see the movie?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So, if any of you guys saw the movie, what did you think of it?

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Aguilera (kimberly20) | 8 comments yea i saw it on the weekend and i loved all the action and the graphics but it was a bit of a disappointment

message 3: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (Fishgivesmepolarbear) I loved the movie personally. I really enjoyed the cast. I was freaked out though during the haunted house scene. Nothing good happens in haunted houses.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

they did switch a lot of the stuff around, but at least they kept the main points of it as they were. I liked the graphics, and it did help that all of the characters were quite good looking :)

message 5: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (Fishgivesmepolarbear) I agree w/ that

message 6: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (rockets2writing) | 3 comments overall i really liked the movie but it was quite different from the book. I didnt like that they cheapened henry's death though. I wish he'd have died in the school battle instead of before it, and also had mark come save the day better, it explains why mark is there at the end. It seemed like they really change some of the key scenes but i think for the most part it worked for the movie.

Other than that i have to wonder since the movie was in production before the book was finished but the writers did consult if sam and his father are going to play a much larger role in the series after what happened in the movie.

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Aguilera (kimberly20) | 8 comments i agree with jenna and elizabeth that the movie was good but as jamie said they did change some of the scenes which did work out for them but i wish stuff like henry's death would have happened as in the book

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I saw the movie Friday because I didn't have school. It's awesome.

message 9: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (Fishgivesmepolarbear) It was life altering

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

in a good way, or bad way?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I would say in a good way.

message 12: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (Fishgivesmepolarbear) definitely in a good way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

:D

Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) | 16 comments i loved it.. NOT because Alex Pettyfer was in it....

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked it, it was pretty good

message 16: by HC (new)

HC | 23 comments yeah, although i didnt think that they explained stuff very well. i didnt know a lot of the info until i read the books

Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) | 16 comments Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) wrote: "i loved it.. NOT because Alex Pettyfer was in it...."

well maybe because he was..
but it was an AWESOME movie

message 18: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (Fishgivesmepolarbear) hahaha i agree

message 20: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee | 4 comments i likedit does anyone know if there is going to be a sequel

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

idk, i wanted to find that out myself

message 22: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (Fishgivesmepolarbear) I doubt it i wish there was one though

message 23: by Zohal (new)

Zohal | 3 comments VERY DISSAPOINTED

message 24: by Sa-Human rights! (new)

Sa-Human rights! | 8 comments THEY MADE 6 A BLONDE HAIRED GIRL!!! D:

message 25: by Danica (new)

Danica (arya_svitkona) Henrys death was not as it was in the books!!!!! He just kinda got stabbed and he died! thats it! hey movie producers, STOP WRITING THE SCRIPT LIKE JOHN DOESNT CARE, HE DOES!!!!

message 26: by ↬ Sarah ↫ (new)

↬ Sarah ↫ | 7 comments I know! I was disappointed about Henry and no burning building, or this magical legacy of six's about being fire resistant. I didn't really see how these changes were needed. But I LOVED six. She was totally awesome and amazing. She's always been my favorite character but now, even more.

message 27: by Christine (new)

Christine (ChristineHolden) | 2 comments I see this movie I immediately thought that Alex Pettyfer was perfect for Four. I thoguht his acting skills were great and he really expressed Four. Henri was okay. He could have been a little better, but he was still good. Then Sarah was amazing! She was exactly how I imagined her! Six was good, I felt that she was being too "badass", if that's possible!
Overall the characters were great. I did not like how how the movie changed almost everything! Henri's death was SO different and wasn't sentimental. They added unneeded things to it that I didn't like at all!
All in all, this movie was good, but good have been better! I really do hope that they make "The Power Of Six".

message 28: by Sonya (new)

Sonya (foodcravesme) | 4 comments Saw the movie before I read the books, and I thought it was amazing! The movie got me hooked on reading the books. So I read the books than watched the movie again. Um, I'm sorry, but it was terrible. They changed so much! I love how bad ass Six was though, she's my favourite character! I liked Diana Agron as Sarah though, she suited it nicely and Alex Pettyfer as John too.

message 29: by ↬ Sarah ↫ (new)

↬ Sarah ↫ | 7 comments I know! Six was just amazing!

message 30: by Sonya (new)

Sonya (foodcravesme) | 4 comments Maybe it's just me, but does anyone fine Sarah just too dang weak?

message 31: by brennabee (new)

brennabee (brennafrawley) i saw the movie and loved it!

message 32: by Lewis (new)

Lewis Allan | 8 comments The movie should be called something else, they changed so many things an the thing they did keep are just in different orders are adjusted. No wonder they haven't made a second! Though I was gutted so I done some research to see if it would be remade or continued and try o be salvaged and I heard rumours Michael Bay might be taking control of the series after they've made the next transformers and possible due for release in 2016

message 33: by Mariel (new)

Mariel C. | 3 comments Yeah...the reason why im now reading the i am number four series. Will there be Power of Six movie? just curios.

message 34: by Nico (new)

Nico (nascole) No plans for it at the moment

message 35: by Alix (new)

Alix Fish | 5 comments I watched the film like twice in 2 days. It was awesome! Alex Pettyfer was a brilliant choice as Four. I was disappointed with how they portrayed his and Henry's relationship and his death was barely sad at all like it was in the book! I think there is going to be another film

message 36: by Matt (new)

Matt | 12 comments Personally, I was very disappointed with this movie especially after reading the book, they took out major parts of the book and really messed up the scene at Mark's house. I was extremely upset that they didn't include the big battle they completely messed that up. I was also upset that they didn't include Four's Legacy of talking to animals.

message 37: by Tamara (new)

Tamara (tamaraaaa) | 36 comments i actually loved the movie so much that i bought the books, but after reading i am number four i can see why some people dislike the movie. It's very different and that's irritating. If it wasn't based on the books then it would've been pretty good on its own

message 38: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (sandinyourpants) I loved it. I loved the casting and the graphics. To bad it wasn't really that popular or else they would've made a sequel.

message 39: by hala (new)

hala elayan I saw the movie after I read the entire series and it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. Quite a few things were out of order, changed, or left out completely. But you know at least its not a Percy Jackson MOVIE fail (NOT book, the books are awesome, the movie industry totally screwed the movie up). I would give the movie a 3.5 or 4. Too bad its not a well known series like PJO or HP because then it could have had a bigger budget which could have led to a better movie. Also, if Pittacus Lore was involved in the making of the movie, like Suzanne Collins was with the Hunger Games, then it might have made a fantastic improvement.

message 40: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (hicksie8899) | 13 comments I watched the movie after I read "I am number four" and I was really disappointed. The book was far better than the movie. I think that Dianna Agron was perfect for Sarah, and so was Callan McAuliffe for Sam. They were almost exactly how I imagined their characters to look when I was reading the books.

There where so many difference in the book and the movie that annoyed me more that I probably should have.
For example:
1. In the Book, Henri dies during the battle at the high school in Paradise. In the movie, Henri dies after the battle at the headquarters of 'They walk among us'. And Henri's death wasn't at all sad in the movie like it was in the book.
2. I liked the actor who played Six, but I didn't like that she was Blonde, in the books Six had Raven Coloured hair (up until she died it Blonde before they went to India in 'the rise of nine (Lorien legacies: #3)') it's a small detail, but for some reason, that annoys me.
3. In the movie Six has fire resistance, where as in the book John has fire resistance mad six doesn't.

Did any of these things annoy anybody else?

message 41: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (hicksie8899) | 13 comments I watched the movie after I read "I am number four" and I was really disappointed. The book was far better than the movie. I think that Dianna Agron was perfect for Sarah, and so was Callan McAuliffe for Sam. They were almost exactly how I imagined their characters to look when I was reading the books.

There where so many difference in the book and the movie that annoyed me more that I probably should have.
For example:
1. In the Book, Henri dies during the battle at the high school in Paradise. In the movie, Henri dies after the battle at the headquarters of 'They walk among us'. And Henri's death wasn't at all sad in the movie like it was in the book.
2. I liked the actor who played Six, but I didn't like that she was Blonde, in the books Six had Raven Coloured hair (up until she died it Blonde before they went to India in 'the rise of nine (Lorien legacies: #3)') it's a small detail, but for some reason, that annoys me.
3. In the movie Six has fire resistance, where as in the book John has fire resistance mad six doesn't.

Did any of these things annoy anybody else?

message 42: by Ginkash (new)

Ginkash | 8 comments I personally love the movie because of the graphics and actors and such. I like Diana Agron(Sarah) a little too. But it was so different from the book. In that sense I hated it.

message 43: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments It was a good movie , but I agree with some of the above comments. I spent a third of it wondering if they read the book in order or just skipped around:)

message 44: by Ginkash (new)

Ginkash | 8 comments Well it was only based on The one book "I am number four" so it would be only that. But ur right. It seems like all they did was skim the book and came up with ideas for the rest by themselves.

message 45: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments I meant only the first book, the movie was all scrambled up

message 46: by Ginkash (new)

Ginkash | 8 comments Indeed. Ur right thought. It was very scrambled up.

message 47: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments I do however love the books, maybe they would be better a a tv series like they are starting for The Mortal Instruments series.

message 48: by Ginkash (new)

Ginkash | 8 comments Ikr. Like have u heard of Doctor Who. I love the show. If they had a show for this, it would be AMAZING!!!

message 49: by Shiny (new)

Shiny | 18 comments The movie was TERRIBLE!!!!

message 50: by Suicideloveme (new)

Suicideloveme (mrlol) | 39 comments yeah that movie sucks

« previous 1