Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 710 (710 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

message 1: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) you know spring is in the air when baseball stories start coming across the wire.
if you have a daughter or a girl interested in baseball this is a good story. never give up on your dream, ladies!

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Ju...

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Nice story, thanks Petra.

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yayyyyyyyyy!!! ms. petra !!!!!! baseball

message 4: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) :) heading to Scottsdale next month to celebrate my daughter's birthday.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments cubbies?

message 6: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) maybe ;) there are a lot of teams down there and we have a week.
any other scouting requests?

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments ms.petra wrote: ":) heading to Scottsdale next month to celebrate my daughter's birthday."

I'll be in AZ next month too Petra, going to one Cubs game and one Brewers game, no Rockies games.

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments if you guys meet up and go to a game together i'm gonna be so honked

message 9: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) have you been before, Jim? I went to Lakeland, Fl one spring, but haven't been to AZ for spring training. I am really excited. I would like to see another team while I am down there and still working on coordinating the schedule. My daughter already has a day blocked for shopping and I would like to maybe do a hike, so who knows how much baseball will actually be seen.

message 10: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Well I actually get to cheat a little as my SIL lives just north of Phoenix, so the room and board are covered. This will be my third year in a row, and 4th out of five.

message 11: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) lucky you!

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael Good article and I won't hold it against her for being an Indians fan.

message 13: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments The Cubs are going to blow this year. It's going to be awesome.

message 14: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments I had semi-high hopes for the Tigers this year, but apparently Miguel Cabrera can't stay off the sauce. Strong as a bull, but only half as smart.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110222...

message 15: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "The Cubs are going to blow this year. It's going to be awesome."

I really wish I could argue with you on this one, but we have not set ourselves up very well.

message 16: by Michael (new)

Michael The Twins have a questionable middle infield, a questionable bullpen, a questionable first baseman and right fielder (and IMO center fielder), a questionable DH, but I'm staying positive about their chances until at least the first televised Spring Training game.

message 17: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Rockies take the field today vs Diamondbacks at the new facility in Scottsdale. Spring is just around the corner! :)

message 18: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments go red sox!

message 19: by Michael (new)

Michael Twins don't start play until tomorrow against the (evil!) Red Sox. RF Michael Cuddyer is sidelined with a wart on his left foot. Apparently he tried treating it in the off season himself and it just got worse. Now if he has to go in and have it removed he'll be out about a week. I don't understand why he didn't just go in during the off season, months before the season starts, and have it removed and be done with it?

message 20: by Phil (new)

message 21: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments MLB At Bat 2011 is out!!!! $14.99 is totally worth it.

message 22: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) @JIM. I went online to check out the games I want to see while in AZ and some of the Rockies games are sold out. I don't know that I want to pay premium prices on stub hub or other resellers. Is it easy to pick up tickets at the different fields? I want to check out a couple of different venues. Any recommendations?

message 23: by Jim (last edited Mar 01, 2011 06:34AM) (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Did you go through MLB.com? That is where I ordered my tickets from. The Brewers Games in Maryvale aren't usually sold out, and it is a pretty nice stadium.

Also, The Oakland A's play @ Phoenix Municipal Stadium which is nice.

Try here, I tried three different games, and none were sold out.

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/sprin...

PM me with what days are you going to be out there?

message 24: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) It was at the SF facility. Thanks for the tip. I did go through a spring training link, not MLB.

message 25: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Christ, the Cubs are fighting amongst themselves and it's still early preseason. This may be a looooooong season.

message 26: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments But it is so early in the year Charly. Sounds like Quade is having a team meeting about it today.

message 27: by Michael (new)

Michael Any thoughts on large pitching staffs? It looks like the Twins will go with 12 pitchers again and I think that's one too many. Five starters and a closer and I can't see a need for six middle relievers at the expense of another bat on the bench.

message 28: by Michael (new)

Michael It's Ron Gardenhire's managing style, and maybe this is all of baseball now, to only expect five innings from his starer and one inning from his closer. So his bullpen gets a lot of use, especially during losing streaks. I personally don't understand how a pitcher can make it to the major league team and, assuming it's not an off day, pitch seven innings. The advantage to not keeping an extra position player/bat on the bench is that we always have a fairly decent one at AAA when needed. It just bugs me that the Twins have no righthanded bat on the bench and won't have a righthanded bat on the bench again.

message 29: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I spent last week in the Scottsdale, AZ area for Cactus League Spring Training. I saw the Giants, Cubs, Dodger, Rangers, and of course my beloved Rockies. Fun times. Plus, I got to meet Jim!

message 30: by Michael (new)

Michael Screw Iowa, that sounds like baseball heaven!

message 31: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments ms.petra wrote: "I spent last week in the Scottsdale, AZ area for Cactus League Spring Training. I saw the Giants, Cubs, Dodger, Rangers, and of course my beloved Rockies. Fun times. Plus, I got to meet Jim!"

It was great to meet you out there Petra, and you truly are a baseball fanatic.

message 32: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ok, Brewers. Let's just pretend opening day never happened, ok? The real opener is Friday. Yes.

message 33: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Whoops, let that one slip away. This may be the only time all season the Cubs are ahead of the Brewers in the standings.

message 34: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) ahhhhhh, baseball!!!!!

message 35: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Well said Petra, well said.

message 36: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Tigers' bullpen blows opener to the Evil Empire. Why the hell did they ever let Curtis Granderson go?

message 37: by Michael (new)

Michael Terrible first inning for the Twins up in Toronto tonight and almost spoiled my ceremonial Opening Day pizza. Luckily for them the opening ceremonies went on so long that I was almost done at first pich. Whose idea was it to have baseball up there anyway and whoever he is can stick his head up his ass.

message 38: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Granderson made them pay, Clark, no doubt...

Ooh, I like the idea of an opening day pizza. Maybe I'll do one tonight, since I'm pretending the Brewers opener didn't happen.

The White Sox's offense carried the day yesterday. And the Cubs lost their home opener to the Pirates. Life is good.

message 39: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments darn it, the red sox lost their 1st game by a lot of runs!

message 40: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Rockies lost 7-6 in 11 innings. But, it's baseball. We'll get 'em today.

message 41: by Michael (new)

Michael Twins dropped their second in a row to Toronto this afternoon. The worst thing about it is that they looked really bad and weren't even competitive in either game. One more in Toronto and then four in NY before coming home with hopefully one win.

message 42: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Red Sox lost their 2nd game too. not a promising start.

message 43: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) funny thing about baseball, Michele. It is not so much about how they start, but how they finish. 162 games is a long season. My team got snowed out yesterday.

message 44: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments ms.petra: that is why the red sox always play away games for the first few days of the season.

message 45: by Michael (new)

Michael Charly wrote: "That Texas line-up is deadly. Imagine 10 homers for the weekend."

Toronto hit seven against the Twins.

message 46: by Michael (new)

Michael ms.petra wrote: "My team got snowed out yesterday."

Weird, isn't it? And wasn't it really warm there the day before?

message 47: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Michael wrote: "ms.petra wrote: "My team got snowed out yesterday."

Weird, isn't it? And wasn't it really warm there the day before?"

yes, the warm before the storm...85.

message 48: by Michael (new)

Michael A-Fraud? He got another one last night. Smug prick. He's in the game and people seem to like him and that's fine but at least they could keep the camera off him when he's in the dugout laughing after he hits another genetically engineerd home run.

message 49: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1034 comments Michele wrote: "Red Sox lost their 2nd game too. not a promising start."

The Phillies won their first three.
I joined a Phillies Group on here and I am going to bugging people to join.

message 50: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) got a call from a friend this afternoon and he scored 4 tickets to tonights Rockies v Dodgers game and wanted to know if I was interested... HELL YES! Sat in row 24 behind the dugout! and the Rockies won. happiness.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.