Any Daphne Du Maurier fans out there? discussion

Lost Daphne du Maurier stories discovered

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 150 comments Spotted this mention over at historicalfictiononline and thought I'd share here. Woohoo!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/...

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) Oh Wow! Can you imagine finding these? Do you think it will all get caught up in red tape to print these?

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahr) | 22 comments This is cool! Can't wait to read them.

message 4: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 150 comments I know. The Doll sounds very spooky. How cool to find something no one knew existed like that.

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahr) | 22 comments Misfit wrote: "I know. The Doll sounds very spooky. How cool to find something no one knew existed like that."

Makes you wonder how many other "finds" are still lost out there by other literary greats, doesn't it?

message 6: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 150 comments And why we are doing a good thing by scrounging the UBS. Right? Anyone buying that as an excuse?

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) I just hope the cover is not of all those heads...Id be checking under the bed..it didnt say what the other books were about? Curious to know on that one. Just hope it dosent turn into a "ownership/money/rights issue" would be a shame..not to have these shared.

message 8: by Barb (new)

Barb | 8 comments Thanks for posting Misfit!

message 9: by Pat (new)

Pat | 17 comments This is so interesting, thanks Misfit.

bookdepository.com has added it under the title The Doll:Short Stories due out May 5. No cover or price yet, but you can request a notification when it is possible to pre-order.

message 10: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 150 comments It appears it is coming out in the UK first, found the Amazon listing and it says November 22 for us poor chaps. I'm excited.

message 11: by Pat (new)

Pat | 17 comments I will have to order from the UK, November is too far away. Bookdepository has free shipping, the books are cheaper and they arrive within a week of your order. Love that place!

message 12: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 150 comments Pat wrote: "I will have to order from the UK, November is too far away. Bookdepository has free shipping, the books are cheaper and they arrive within a week of your order. Love that place!"

I know, but I'm a library girl. I know they'll pick it up and I can wait. I think...

message 13: by Pat (new)

Pat | 17 comments I know what you mean, Misfit. I've been using the library much more lately. It's just way too expensive to indulge yourself with the purchase of books (especially new releases) whenever anything strikes your fancy. I am trying to acquire all of Daphne's books, so this will be a splurge on my part.

message 14: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 150 comments If you're collecting them then I can see that. King County sure has me spoiled. They even have the DVD's of all the old Dark Shadows series in the catalog.