1000 Movies discussion

Best Films of 2010

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sloan (new)

Sloan (ofliliesandremains) I'm a huge fan of the Oscars, which are coming up very soon. They'll be announcing their pick as the best film of 2010. I was curious as to what everyone's favorite films were this last year. Also, what would your choice for Best Picture be?

--My favorites...
Black Swan
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Inception
Remember Me
Robin Hood
Shutter Island
The King's Speech
The Runaways
True Grit

...and as for my pick for Best Picture. It's a toss up between Black Swan and Inception. I cant seem to choose between the two! Though I wouldnt be dissappointed if The King's Speech won on Oscar night either. I adore all 3 films. :)

message 2: by Bronwyn , has fallen for Anderson Cooper!!! (new)

Bronwyn  (naturallyredandright) | 2192 comments Mod
i want the kings speech to win. i didnt like black swan or inception. i really liked alice in wonderland and remember me i thought was really good too

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 967 comments The only 2010 film I saw was Toy Story 3.

message 4: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) | 1551 comments Mod
I think I would have to choose between 'The Kings Speech' or Inception.. But I also loved Robin Hood but i'm fairly sure it won't win an Oscar.

message 5: by Bronwyn , has fallen for Anderson Cooper!!! (new)

i think that maybe because it wasnt nominated. ;D

message 6: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

Thats probably why:) also not many people liked it:(

message 7: by Bronwyn , has fallen for Anderson Cooper!!! (new)

thats what i heard, that it was kind of stupid.

message 8: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

but is so wasn't!!! it was amazing!!!

message 9: by Bronwyn , has fallen for Anderson Cooper!!! (new)

how so why?

message 10: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

Well it was well acted, great scenery, and real good action. You would have to watch it yourself and decide..

message 11: by Bronwyn , has fallen for Anderson Cooper!!! (new)

haha its russel crowe no?

message 12: by Baneen (new)

Baneen Inception was the best movie of 2010.

message 13: by Bronwyn , has fallen for Anderson Cooper!!! (new)

no way!!!!! that movie wasnt great in the slightest,

message 14: by Sloan (new)

Sloan (ofliliesandremains) I agree Jeannie! Robin Hood was very well acted, good action, cinematography... etc. They did a really good job with setting the time period. I'm surprised it didnt have more good talk surrounding it.

message 15: by Sloan (new)

Sloan (ofliliesandremains) YAY for The King's Speech winning best picture at the Oscars! And Colin Firth and Natalie Portman! I couldnt be happier with this years winners. :)

message 16: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

@ Sloan- I know!! I was really happy!! So glad the Kings Speech won the awards it did! And really happy for Natalie Portman!! She totally deserved it!

Bronwyn (B1/Mrs. Johnny Depp) wrote: "no way!!!!! that movie wasnt great in the slightest,"

I really don't know why people didn't like Inception!!! I thought it was amazing!!

message 17: by Bronwyn , has fallen for Anderson Cooper!!! (new)

oh it was so repetitive.

and im really happy about the winners, i did want HBC to win best supporting actress but oh well.

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 967 comments Toy Story 3 won best cartoon. :D

message 19: by Baneen (new)

Baneen good:)

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 967 comments I was thrilled. I can't believe my older sister. She says she doesn't like it.

message 21: by Sloan (new)

Sloan (ofliliesandremains) Just watched 'Never Let Me Go'... really great film. I'd definitly add it to my favorites of this year.

message 22: by Baneen (new)

Baneen I want to watch Never Say Never.

message 23: by Laika (new)

Laika | 42 comments Shutter Island was so underrated....*sigh*

message 24: by Bryn ((B2/B.P)) , Mrs Pettyfer (new)

Bryn ((B2/B.P))   Ryeosomniac~~ (Heesica) | 1703 comments Mod
I loved Shutter Island, but my Mum hated it. I also really want to watch Never Let Me Go, but it doesn't come out at the cinema here until the end of this month.

message 25: by Sloan (last edited Mar 09, 2011 01:37PM) (new)

Sloan (ofliliesandremains) Shadowcat wrote: "Shutter Island was so underrated....*sigh*"

I couldn't agree more! The people I went to see it with didn't enjoy it at all. While all I could think of was... "amazing!" Sadly I did figure out the ending before it came, but that still didnt take away the wow factor. You just cant go wrong with Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio. :)

message 26: by Joy (new)

Joy I love the Oscars too!!!!!!!!

message 27: by Sloan (new)

Sloan (ofliliesandremains) Joy wrote: "I love the Oscars too!!!!!!!!"

I live for them! I dont think I have missed a Oscar broadcast for about 8 years. :) I love TCM too, they always have Oscar month in February. They show all the really good classics.

message 28: by Joy (new)

Joy Sloan wrote: "Joy wrote: "I love the Oscars too!!!!!!!!"

I live for them! I dont think I have missed a Oscar broadcast for about 8 years. :) I love TCM too, they always have Oscar month in February. They sho..."

I wrote an Oscar review - it's on GR and on my blog. I just got TCM when we got a Dish. :)

message 29: by Joy (new)

Joy Baneen wrote: "Inception was the best movie of 2010."

I really didn't like Inception at first - I thought it was boring - but then I don't really like sci-fi. I plan to watch it again sometime..:)

message 30: by Bryn ((B2/B.P)) , Mrs Pettyfer (new)

Bryn ((B2/B.P))   Ryeosomniac~~ (Heesica) | 1703 comments Mod
Same, lately most of the big box office hits for me have been really boring, I just can't understand the hype for a lot of them.

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 967 comments Tangled, I have to say, was great.

message 32: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Aves (charlotteaves) | 18 comments "The Runaways"---starring kristen stewart???
by the way i love Shutter Island but I'll go with Black Swan 'cause I haven't seen yet The King's Speech but i think it's a good movie too^_^...

FYI: in the movie Black Swan (we watched it for our subject, abnormal psychology [i'm taking up bachelor of science in psychology]...well Nina showed the symptoms of Schizophrenia,,but my teacher disagrees with how the director described the disorder,,anorexia shouldn't be present,,,and the most common symptom in most movies is Visual hallucinations whereas in real life,it should be auditory hallucinations..but never mind,it's a movie,so it will always go with the visual effects...)

and another thing..my classmate who had a friend who is not taking psychology as a course said that she didn't liked the movie since there are few visual effects,,
but she liked it because it's like magic,<--she's pertaining to the wings of Nina,etc. ...
and we all just laugh 'cause we knew what was going on in the movie and that friend of hers was really really wrong!!!

message 33: by Joy (new)

Joy We watched a classic today - "Mildred Pierce" starring Joan (no wire hangers!) Crawford! It's being remade starring Kate Winslet. It's great!

message 34: by Sloan (last edited Apr 09, 2011 09:45AM) (new)

Sloan (ofliliesandremains) Joy wrote: "We watched a classic today - "Mildred Pierce" starring Joan (no wire hangers!) Crawford! It's being remade starring Kate Winslet. It's great!"

I love Mildred Pierce!! And I'm dying to see the new mini-series with Kate Winslet! Sadly, I dont have HBO, so I'll have to wait for the DVD. :)

message 35: by Joy (new)

Joy I don't get HBO either but my library gets the DVD's..:)

message 36: by Black Queen (new)

Black Queen (blackqueen) | 104 comments remember me
harry potter and the deadly hallows
inception

message 37: by Bronwyn , has fallen for Anderson Cooper!!! (new)

I really liked Remember me. I thought it was very powerful.

message 38: by Sloan (last edited Apr 15, 2011 12:21PM) (new)

Sloan (ofliliesandremains) Bronwyn (B1/Mrs. Anderson Cooper) wrote: "I really liked Remember me. I thought it was very powerful."

I thought so too. It's a VERY underated film, and the critics gave it such bad reviews. I just didnt understand that. It had some great acting and a great storyline. I definitely didnt see that ending coming, I had no idea! It hit me like a ton of bricks.

message 39: by Bronwyn , has fallen for Anderson Cooper!!! (new)

I know what you mean. I totally didnt expect that and that is why it was so powerful showing it as something that is so unexpected and happend to normal good people.

message 40: by Joy (new)

Joy We watched Megamind the other day - very fun movie!

message 41: by Baneen (new)

Baneen I saw Tangled. Hilarious! I loved it.

message 42: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

I just watched the social network and I loved it. I didn't think it was boring like most people thought it was..

message 43: by Sloan (new)

Sloan (ofliliesandremains) Jeannie wrote: "I just watched the social network and I loved it. I didn't think it was boring like most people thought it was.."

I didnt find it boring either. I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed it (having never been a Facebook person). But I do think that it was one of those movies that got too much undeserved praise. For a moment I thought it might actually win the Oscar for best picture... and there were so many movies that deserved it instead. So it was a little too blown up for me.

message 44: by Joy (new)

Joy I was on FB for awhile but I didn't enjoy it much. I still want to see the Social Network though. I think it won Best Original Screenplay, right?

message 45: by Sloan (new)

Sloan (ofliliesandremains) Joy wrote: "I was on FB for awhile but I didn't enjoy it much. I still want to see the Social Network though. I think it won Best Original Screenplay, right?"

The Social Network won for Best Adapted Screenplay, and The Kings Speech won for Best Original Screenplay. I didnt really know that The Social Network was an adaptation until that night. I thought it was an Original Screenplay too.

message 46: by Joy (new)

Joy Interesting - I didn't know Social Network was a book (it was titled The Accidental Billionaires per Wikipedia). Wonder if the book is good...

message 47: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

I have never had facebook either but i still loved the movies.. And your right Sloan it did get way to much praise i mean it wasnt THAT good it was just good.

message 48: by Sloan (last edited May 21, 2011 01:07PM) (new)

Sloan (ofliliesandremains) I just watched an amazing film from 2010. Blue Valentine... I have been wanting to see it for a long time, and it was worth the wait. Great acting from Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams (She got nominated for an Oscar for this role). It's a very moving film. I recommend it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1120985/

[image error]

message 49: by Joy (new)

Joy Glad to hear that Blue Valentine is good, Sloan! I'm waiting for it to come to the library.

message 50: by Sloan (new)

Sloan (ofliliesandremains) Joy wrote: "Glad to hear that Blue Valentine is good, Sloan! I'm waiting for it to come to the library."

It's a very different film, but in a good way (atleast for me). Everything about it is really intense, honest and raw. I really hope you enjoy it, Joy. :)

« previous 1