Warriors Lovers! discussion

Advertisements > For those who play violin...

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Silver (new)

Silver I'm disappointed that there aren't any active groups for violinists on here, and two of the inactive ones I'm pretty sure I created myself. Well I'm trying again because in my last group, people started chatting AFTER I left. Here is my new group:

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/4...

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Umm... Oh jeez. I have too many groups. Why does it have to be for violin? *shakes head and meanders off to group* Perhaps I'll join...

Claudia the Night Owl (claudiamancilla) o-o oh cool i play violin ;3

message 4: by Silver (new)

Silver Yum-Yum the Warrior wrote: "Umm... Oh jeez. I have too many groups. Why does it have to be for violin? *shakes head and meanders off to group* Perhaps I'll join..."

...because it's about playing violin?

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Just meant of course it's my instrument and not another one. :P Of all the instruments, you pick violin.

message 6: by Silver (new)

Silver Violin is one of the more common instruments.... and also more competitive. my violist friend and I were talking and she was like "you violins, so competitive! we violas are like, sit us wherever." lol

message 7: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Wow... common? I'm the only person I know who plays it in my whole school.

message 8: by Silver (new)

Silver oh... well I forget I live (by coincidence) where all the really good violinists go to learn. my orchestra is the best youth orchestra in this area of the country apparently, and it's as good as some professional orchestras. there are like 40 violinists in it. it's very hard to get in... I got in on my 2nd year auditioning.

message 9: by Silver (new)

Silver and I'm 2nd violin, 3rd to the last chair.

message 10: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Ahh. Well, I guess I don't really play anymore... I played for seven years, but then when I got to sixth grade they wouldn't let me in the advanced orchestra and I wasn't patient enough to wait through a whole year of teaching everyone how to play, so I went into band instead.

message 11: by Silver (new)

Silver aww :(
when I was in 3rd grade they let me skip ahead to the grade 4 + orchestra - the only orchestra in my school - and I was first violin and I didn't really know the difference between first violin and second violin, and I just assumed that I was like chosen at birth to be first violin and it wasn't until a few summers ago that I was 2nd violin for something but they switched us all for half the time so we all got to be both, lol.