Classic Horror Lovers discussion

Tales to Chill Your Blood Reads > The Burial of the Rats by Bram Stoker Group Discussion (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 1343 comments Mod
This week's read is The Burial of the Rats by Bram Stoker.

Here's the link to the story (thanks Jason!):

http://manybooks.net/titles/stokerbro...

message 2: by Martha (new)

Martha (hellocthulhu) | 325 comments Mod
Definitely a bleak one for sure, and dealing with "real world" horrors rather than that of the supernatural.

I have to wonder if rats can really do what this story describes. Maybe that's because the only rats I've seen have been of the cuddly pet variety.

This is one of those stories where I can't feel too sorry for the protagonist. I mean, of course I wanted him to escape, but really, what did he expect would happen going alone into a desperately poor part of town flashing some jewels? I have to wonder why people who do these things don't try and make themselves look less desirable to rob.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 1343 comments Mod
This one was a bit too stolid in the writing. I did like the chase scenes. I have to agree with you, Martha, that it was foolish to go to that area where a lot of flashy jewels. The most scary part was the ravenous rats.