We LoveFilm discussion

TV Shows / TV Movies etc. > The Amanda Knox Story

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Davina, The Modster (new)

Davina D. | 693 comments Mod
I want to see this movie. Has anyone here seen it yet?
I understand it doesn't portray Knox as innocent, even though she has a lot of support here in the US.

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments I saw something about this on TV the other day. Isn't this suppose to be on lifetime? When does it air? I believe the girl who played in Heroes (the cheerleader) was the lead.

message 3: by Michelle (last edited Feb 21, 2011 08:00AM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore I don't that its aired yet. I believe its coming on tonight on the Lifetime network. I want to see that one too. I hope it does come on, because tonight will be a good night for a movie.

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Yes I just checked. It is coming on at 9 tonight on Lifetime. I'll watch it. They also have the Craiglist Killer coming on before that. I wanted to see that too.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Afterwards, Beyond the Headlines: The Amanda Knox Story comes on. It's only an hour. So that'll be interesting to watch right after watching the movie.

message 6: by Davina, The Modster (new)

Sounds like a very interesting line-up. I'd like to see all three. Re: the Craiglist Killer, this story kinda scares me. I have a son this boy's age. What could have possessed a promising young man to throw his life, his future away like that??? It's very sad.

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Davina, any real life story scares me. I plan to watch them all tonight.

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments See I'm watching Craigslist Killer. As you can tell its not all of that if I'm online and watching. But the thing that kills me is that people don't see the signs? Not that he's a killer but he was a bit off.

message 9: by Davina, The Modster (new)

It's true. From reading up about him, he does come across as a bit unhinged, but sometimes when you're close to someone its perhaps even harder to tell when they're not well mentally. This is really scary because I'd hate to think one of boys were so off the balance that I wouldn't recognise that he's got a few loose screws. I just feel bad for all the parents involved. I wonder if he really did mean to kill that girl? Maybe her death was the result of an armed robbery gone bad. Afterall, why didn't he kill the other two hookers he robbed? Ah man ... I dunno. I just think this is awful. It's hard watching these programmes as a parent.

message 10: by Samantha (last edited Feb 21, 2011 05:39PM) (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Well he seem to have a bad relationship with his parents on the show. You just got to hope you are raising stable young men. I feel bad for the parents and his fiance. He was pushy with the fiance and she trust everything he said. He told her all kinds of story and it was very suspicious.

Then I don't like the fact that he was luring people out on craiglist. Not to judge people but I wonder why are people meeting up from online.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore I missed the first 40 minutes of the Amanda Knox Story last night, so I decided not to watch, and planned on watching whenever it aired again. I just saw that it's coming on again tonight at 8pm eastern, in case anyone wants to watch it tonight.

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments I saw bits and pieces of it Michelle but it started to get chaotic in my house. So I didn't watch. Thanks for the info.

message 13: by Davina, The Modster (new)

I didn't watch it either. But I did see Spartacus! I'll try to catch it tonight if I get home in time.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore So, none of us watched it? I love it! Tonight is the night then.

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Lol. Woohoo!

message 16: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Did anyone get a chance to watch this last night? I did and it was interesting. I don't want to share my thoughts if anyone still has to watch it.

message 17: by Davina, The Modster (new)

I had my husband record this for me because I didn't get home in time to see from the beginning. I haven't watched it yet though and with me going wild about Spartacus, hmmm ... dunno when I'll prioritise watching this one.

message 18: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Well whenever you guys watch it, I'll discuss. I don't want to spoil it.