Indonesians Who Love English Books discussion

Our Rants

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel, First Lady (new)

Rachel (rachelhadeli) | 698 comments Mod
A thread to rant about anything and everything. What was the latest movie you watched? The last album you listened to? How's work? How's life? Let's get to know each other better and share :)

message 2: by Rachel, First Lady (new)

Guys, I need to find girls between the ages of 12-18 who read Twilight (the first book only), as my informants for my thesis. I need to interview them either face-to-face or via video conference. So if you know anyone, can you please let me know? Thanks! lots of love.

My thesis is titled: The Characterizations of the Lead Female Protagonist in Young Adult Books as Role Models for Teenage Girls

message 3: by Rachel, First Lady (new)

Febrianti, I've found 5 already. Need 9 more. I actually have no trouble finding interviewees between the ages of 15 and 18. It's the 12-14 year olds that are tricky to find.

Hello Rini :). How was the movie? Last movie I watched was... Gnomeo and Juliet. Indonesia needs to get more movies like, stat. haha.

message 4: by Fairlita (last edited Apr 08, 2011 04:47AM) (new)

Fairlita | 10 comments Hi, Rachel and everyone else!
The latest movie I watched was Black Swan. I liked it a lot, but my husband kept nodding off and when it ended, he dared to say, "Phewww! Finally!"
Album? It was just an old personal compilation which was in need to be freshened up.
Work? Aaarrrgh! I'm behind schedule and my deadline is less than a week... (Yet I'm still here in GR!)

Rachel: how's your thesis going? Which Uni do u go to?

message 5: by Rachel, First Lady (new)

Amang: Hey! I like your daughter's name; Lux. It's like the name of the main character in the CW TV show, Life Unexpected. I find this to be cool, haha.

Rini: Glad the movie helped! haha. I haven't watched any Korean movies lately. But it seems like they all aim to make you cry, huh? hehe.

Hello Fairly! (that's how you want to be called, right?). While I don't agree with your husband's response to Black Swan, I did think the movie was a tad bit overrated. That being said, I loved the ending and how they segued into the closing credits :D

My thesis... is slowly making some progress. I really need to start on chapter 4, but I can't since I haven't found all the needed interviewees T-T. I go to London School of Public Relations.

Do you know any 12-13 year olds who read Twilight? I need all the help I can get here, hehe.

message 6: by Fairlita (new)

Fairlita | 10 comments "I did think the movie was a tad bit overrated. That being said, I loved the ending and how they segued into the closing credits :D"
i totally agree!

"Do you know any 12-13 year olds who read Twilight? I need all the help I can get here, hehe."
As much as I'd like to be of any help, my nephew who's gonna be 13 this year, doesn't read door-stoppers... Last time I heard, he's still into manga, RL Stine & that Wimpy Kid's diary. (geeez...what's wrong with kids nowadays? I already passed reading such books when i was his age :D )

message 7: by Rachel, First Lady (new)

Did he watch the Diary of a Wimpy Kid the movie? Well the book does seem to be something 13 year old boys will be into, hehe. I read the first one because I had nothing else to read at that time; it made me crack up once, lol.

Well, I'm still looking guys; 12 year old girls who read Twilight. If you know anyone, let me know. I'll just e-mail them the questions and all they have to do is type the answers and send them back to me.

By the by, who else here is dying with the fact that we are not getting anymore new movies? T-T

message 8: by Coqueline (new)

Coqueline | 264 comments There are a lot of Twilight fans groups here in GR, why not go there and ask?

message 9: by Rachel, First Lady (new)

I've always assumed that the members do not live in Jakarta, but you know what they say when people assume... haha.

I'm getting desperate so I will be looking for interviewees there. There's bound to be some who live in Jakarta, haha.

Thanks Coqueline :)