Invisibooks for Invisipeeps discussion

What are you reading now?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Future (new)

Future Cat Lady (future-cat-lady) | 30 comments Mod
Right now I am reading The Beekeeper's Apprentice. It's about Sherlock Holmes and his "assistant" Mary Russell.
It's a good story, but the writing tends to move a little slow. For some reason, I can't tear through it like other books.

I also started reading 1st to Die by James Patterson. So far it's good, but I'm only a few chapters in.

What are you reading now? Do you read one book at a time or do you like to read multiple books at once?

message 2: by Riding (new)

Riding WY Wind (RidingintheWYWind) | 26 comments I am reading Code Blue by Richard Mabry, ok, but not what I really expected, I was thinking more Robin Cook, and this is pretty romance based, but some good medical parts. Very similar to his other book, in fact some parts word for word. I ordered the three Women's murder club on my kindle by James Patterson. Looking very forward to those. when it is a series I like to have them all before I start reading so I can just go to the next book as soon as I finish one. I like to start and finish one all the way through before starting another one.

message 3: by Whatsherface (new)

Whatsherface | 12 comments I am reading Live Free or Die by Jessie Crockett. It is a new series that I found in my kindle store for .99.

It is okay, not very compelling and rather surface characters, but I am entertained and sometimes that is enough.

message 4: by Cactus (new)

Cactus | 20 comments I am reading The London Monster, by Jan Bondeson. It's about a strange series of alleged crimes that occured in late 18th century London, in which women were attacked by a man who slashed their thighs, buttocks or, less commonly, faces.
So far it's interesting.

message 5: by Ella (new)

Ella  Cinders (EllaCinders) | 3 comments I'm reading the Little Women series by Louisa May Alcott. I'm about halfway through the first one, Little Women.

message 6: by Kristin (new)

Kristin If Look Could Kill by Kate White. I found it at a used book store. It's fine. (lol, yes that's my entire opinion of it so far)

message 7: by Future (new)

GirlGreen wrote: "If Look Could Kill by Kate White. I found it at a used book store. It's fine. (lol, yes that's my entire opinion of it so far)"

I don't understand people that write pages and pages in review. My goal is to be one of those people, but I'm too busy reading!

message 8: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Future wrote: "I don't understand people that write pages and pages in review. My goal is to be one of those people, but I'm too busy reading! "

Right? I have to finish the book before I can really form an opinion (unless it's really terrible) but once I get to the end I've forgotten all the little details. I guess a future as a book reviewer is out for me.

message 9: by Whatsherface (new)

Whatsherface | 12 comments Right? I have to finish the book before I can reall..."

I haven't written a review since college, and then I was given a guideline on what to be looking for and what to be discussing. I have been relying on people's book recommendations since getting my kindle and I am positive I will not be able to reciprocate.

message 10: by Cloud (new)

Cloud (cloudclimber) | 5 comments I'm currently reading Black Wind by Clive Cussler, borrowing it from my dad. It's not the sort of book I would have thought to pick up, but so far it's held my interest. Think I've got maybe 1/8th left, so it should be all coming to a head soon.

My one *HUGE* peeve, is the author wrote himself in there, same name and all. Just shows up for a chapter or two, but really? Why? Just to be a "cool" character? Ugh.

And yes, I have multiple books that I read at once too. They manage to get strewn about the house, you know, just in case...

message 11: by Angela (new)

Angela (wildkitties) | 28 comments I just finished Michael Tolliver Lives and it was good but not great, not like the other Tales of the city books which I just loved. I think it was because I didn't really want the characters to grow up, I wanted them to stay in that time period.

Next I'll be reading Angels Flight by Michael Connelly, the next book in the Harry Bosch series.

I usually like to concentrate on one book at a time, but do have a few others open that I'm only so/so interested in that I can go back to.

message 12: by Kristen (last edited Feb 25, 2011 04:36PM) (new)

Kristen (kristenflute) | 33 comments I started Lady Chatterley's Lover the other night. I only got five pages in before I fell asleep. I need to start my nightly reading BEFORE 11pm!

message 13: by Genie (new)

Genie | 2 comments I'm just about to start Cool Water by Dianne Warren. My boss just dropped it on my desk saying he thought I'd like it... I seem to be on a bit of a Canadian author kick these days... The Governor General Awards finalists are generally an easy "must read" list if I haven't been reading in a while.

message 14: by Whatsherface (new)

Whatsherface | 12 comments I am currently trying to read Andrew Vachyss Hard Candy. It is the fourth book in the Burke series. I started it due to a suggestion from the board, but am having a real hard time following the characters. I couldn't get any of the first three books in the series at the library and am wondering if I would be as lost if I had started at the beginning.

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy (amyk) I'm still reading Hawaii by James Michener. I think when I get to the end of this section I will take a break and read something else. I ordered a Kindle today and will be anxious to try it out!

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela (wildkitties) | 28 comments I always found Michener to be challenging, you may need something light afterward. Congrats on the Kindle!

message 17: by Cactus (new)

Cactus | 20 comments I am reading Fat is a Feminist Issue. I'm not finding it too compelling and have gotten into a rut, so now I'm also reading a Nero Wolfe novel.

message 18: by Amy (new)

Amy (amyk) Wildkitties, I'm enjoying it a lot but it's not exactly a page-turner, KWIM?

message 19: by Riding (new)

Riding WY Wind (RidingintheWYWind) | 26 comments Amy wrote: "I'm still reading Hawaii by James Michener. I think when I get to the end of this section I will take a break and read something else. I ordered a Kindle today and will be anxious to try it out!"

YOU will love love love your kindle!

message 20: by Future (new)

I just finished "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett.

It was a bit dry in parts, but the story was really engaging! Maybe it's because I don't understand Architecture?

I am now onto the sequel "World without end". I miss the characters from the first book!

Does that ever happen to anyone?

message 21: by Random (new)

Random Lurker | 2 comments I just finished reading "The Wedding Girl" by Madeleine Wickham. Easy read, sometimes I just like a book to take my mind off life.

Has anyone ever read any of Brad Meltzer's books? If so what did you think?

message 22: by Angela (last edited Mar 26, 2011 05:01AM) (new)

Angela (wildkitties) | 28 comments I just finished another Harry Bosch book, I didn't realize that the author Michael Connelly puts characters from his other books into other series. So now I want to read all his books. In order that they were written of course.

Just started Water for Elephants and almost finished it in one day. I had to go to bed last night and forced myself to put it down. I know should have seen the movie first though, I'm going to be disappointed now.