Seattle Area Goodreaders discussion

Book Swapping > Our First Book Swap

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Flannery (new)

Flannery (flannabanana) | 143 comments Mod
Our first book swap is scheduled for next Sunday, February 27th, at noon. The location is in the Commons area of Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park.

Here is the address:
17171 Bothell Way NE
Lake Forest Park, WA 98155

I'll try to be there fifteen or so minutes early to claim a table. But who am I kidding? I'll probably be there earlier so I can browse the bookshop:-)

Please remember to RSVP if you haven't yet or change your RSVP if your plans have changed. I think we'll be a small group this time but I hope we can each find something fun to take home! If anyone is looking for a particular genre, you might post it here--I'm not sure what all I'll be bringing but if I have anything you are looking for, obviously I'd be more inclined to bring that if I know. (perhaps make sure your 'wishlist' shelf is updated and post a link to it here)

Please post if you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or concerns...

message 2: by Flannery (new)

Here is a link to my wishlist, though I'm sure there are 1000s of books I'd love to read that aren't on it: Flannery's Wishlist

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda | 18 comments I think I've already replied, but just in case here is my RSVP as a will be there.

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda | 18 comments Absolutely NOTHING to do with the swap, but I just read Under the Volcano by Malcolm Lowry and would love to get a group together to read and discuss it. Anyone interested? (I just did a review of it.)

message 5: by Hollie (new)

Hollie | 1 comments I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it, but I'm guessing I won't based on some other things we have going on (home inspection for possible new house, stuff like that which requires a loose schedule). I'm definitely looking forward to the next one! :)

message 6: by Flannery (new)

I'm here. I'm sitting near the middle with a blue and green vest on.

message 7: by Flannery (new)

Okay--so a couple people showed up at the beginning. My sister and I waited for over an hour after that group left and no one else showed so we didn't stick around.

Lesson: Next time, we will only schedule a one hour time slot.

After discussion with another person, I know people don't have tons of books regularly so I think I will schedule swaps about a month and a half apart.

Leslie Bhargava | 5 comments I'm very sorry I was unable to make it today. Some family stuff came up I couldn't get out of.

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda | 18 comments I wish I'd had more to contribute! I usually get the "good" (read popluar)books from the library, so the ones I have to trade are kind of esoteric...

But thanks for coordinating it Flan! I had a good time and got some good books for a start! (Including one I was just about to request on Goodreads....)

message 10: by LA (new)

LA Smith So sorry to have missed this. I came down with a bug over the weekend & really didn't want to spread it around.

message 11: by Linda (new)

Linda | 18 comments Thanks for keeping the bug home! I have one now, but at least I know it didn't come from you!