Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Page-to-screen > Inkheart

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments What are your thoughts on the Inkheart movie?

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments It was AWFUL! Almost as bad of a screw-up as Percy Jackson and the Tale of Desperaux.

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose (rose_b) | 330 comments I haven't read the book, and I thought that it was very good.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Read the book (which you should do anyway, since it's a very good book) and then tell me how you feel about it.

message 5: by Rose (new)

Rose (rose_b) | 330 comments My sister convinced me not to read it, (she said it was slow-paced,) but I think that I will give it a try.

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments You definitely should. I don't think it was slow paced at all.

message 7: by Rose (new)

Rose (rose_b) | 330 comments I will!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

The book was great, it was better than great but the movie was just, well, really, really, really, really bad. It truly was.

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments That's a pretty good description.

message 10: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
I loved the book, but didnt like the movie.
I though Brendan Fraser was a good choice for Mo, and Paul Bettany wasnt bad as Dustfinger either.
I hated hated hated who the cast for Basta, Farid and Meggie.
Plus Resa was in it way to much!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the movie but the book was definitly better!!
I think Helen Mirren did a GREAT job as Aunt Elinor. :)

message 12: by Kendall Anne (last edited Mar 07, 2011 03:04PM) (new)

Kendall Anne (dance4life) | 785 comments ★ Jessica ★ wrote: "I loved the book, but didnt like the movie.
I though Brendan Fraser was a good choice for Mo, and Paul Bettany wasnt bad as Dustfinger either.
I hated hated hated who the cast for Basta, Farid an..."

I agree. The choices for Farid and Meggie was horrible!!! Dustfinger wasn't bad, though.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG, the movie sucked
the book was WAY better
although the actors were okay

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments I didn't like how they escaped from Capricorn by tornado. It twas not in the book. And I don't remember there being anything about Wizard of Oz in the book.

message 15: by Kendall Anne (new)

Kendall Anne (dance4life) | 785 comments that would be because there wasn't.....

message 16: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Because they decided that they had the right to change whatever they felt like changing. One of the major reasons why the movie was awful.

message 17: by Kendall Anne (new)

Kendall Anne (dance4life) | 785 comments yes, it could have been WAY better!

message 18: by ★ Jess (new)

What let it down was TO MUCH RESA! SHE ANNOYED ME SO MUHC IN THE MOVIE!!!!!!

message 19: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I know! I love her in the books, but in the movie? Blegh. And the whole immediate knowledge of who each other were was weird too.

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments I didn't like the ending when Dustfinger goes back. (Though at least that means there won't be anymore.)

message 21: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments You should finish the book, and never see the movie, is my opinion.

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments Agreed.

message 23: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ wrote: "I didn't like the ending when Dustfinger goes back. (Though at least that means there won't be anymore.)"

I agree. They totally changed the ending, which was the worst part and most major change of many bad parts and major changes, but at least they can in no way do Inkspell now.

message 24: by Kendall Anne (new)

Kendall Anne (dance4life) | 785 comments Yes!! That is a relief...

message 25: by Desiree (new)

Desiree (mangalover) I've seen the movie. It was okay, I guess.
The actors that were chosen were okay too.
I hope theres going to be a movie for 'Inkspell'. I've read it but haven't finished.
BUT I'VE READ INKDEATH. Like over 600 pages, Haha. I did it for my book report and I got full marks.

But I havent read Inkheart. Lol. But I will definitely read it.

message 26: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) This book is really close to being my top favorite. But I hated the movie. I thought the actors where very good for the parts. But I hated how they changed the whole thing.

message 27: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid The book Inkheart is one of my favorite books!
I really liked the first half of Inkspell and I sobbed so hard at the end.

I did not like Inkdeath. I think that

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!

(view spoiler)

END OF SPOILER

The movie wasn't a very good adaption, I thought.

message 28: by Elizabeth (last edited May 06, 2011 03:13PM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) What? You think Dustfinger should have (view spoiler). But I do understand what you mean about (view spoiler) I'm just glad Dustfinger came back.

message 29: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Dustfinger was my favorite character in the first few books, and Farid was my second favorite.
I felt that they both were ruined in the course of Inkdeath. It made me said.

message 30: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Hmmm...I liked Dustfinger the best, but I didn't like Farid in the second book. But I think Dustfinger's character was good through all the books.
Have you read Cornelia funke's new book? Reckless?

message 31: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid No, I haven't read Reckless. I've been toying with idea of reading it though.
Is it any good?

message 32: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Reckless is like a badly done recreation of Inkworld. I'd read it just because it's Cornelia Funke, and there's a chance of the sequel being better, but I was disappointed.

message 33: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hmm. I might still check it out, but I must say, I haven't been too impressed with Ms. Funke.

message 34: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I love her other books (particularly Dragon Rider and the Thief Lord. If you're going to read any and haven't read those two, do so now) but Reckless just didn't measure up.

message 35: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid I've read the Thief Lord and I did like most of it.
The ending wasn't amazing, but I did like the story.
I tried Dragon Rider and somehow just couldn't get into it.

message 36: by Kate (last edited May 11, 2011 02:38PM) (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I love that one, but you're not the first person I've heard of who's said that. How far did you go before giving up? Maybe I just passed the critical point and other people didn't.

message 37: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid I don't know, it was so long ago.
I think that I'll try again though.

message 38: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Okay. I hope you like it this time.

message 39: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid I hope so too.
I did like the Inkheart books.
At least the first two.
I loved Inkspell.
(Til the end)

message 40: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments The Inkheart ones were good, but I thought that it would have made sense to stop after writing the first.

message 41: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Pretty much.

message 42: by Soumya (new)

Soumya I liked the book but i haven't watched the movie

message 43: by Danna (new)

Danna The movie is actually very okay

message 44: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Blooming wrote: "I liked the book but i haven't watched the movie"

Don't.

message 45: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid ^^ What Kate said.

message 46: by Danna (new)

Danna No! The movie is actually fine, and it WON'T ruin your opinion about the book. Try! mmaximum you will end up in hospital, begging for the doctors to earse your memories LOL xD

message 47: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments It won't ruin your opinion of the book, no, but the book will ruin your opinion of the movie. It's a fine movie, nothing special, if you don't know what it's trying to be. But if you compare it to the book (which most people can't help doing) you find it to be sorely lacking.

message 48: by Crowleaf (new)

Crowleaf Hmm.... Well, I saw the movie first and I really liked it. Then I read the books and they were much better than the movie was. I was amazed.

message 49: by ★ Jess (new)

The movie wasnt terrible, its just that the actors of Meggie and Farid annoyed me sooooo much. And Basta wasnt evil enough.
I didnt like how they made the villains funny and dumb. Like Capricorn was kinda funny, and most of the sidekicks like Flatnose were just plain idiotic.
However, I loved the casting for Mo and Elinor. Dustfinger was PERFECT, both in acting and looks.

message 50: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie (kenziejo15) I thought the movie was good but I definitely preferred the book. My favorite character was Dustfinger he was PERFECT for the movie. Elinor was amazing too.

« previous 1