RevWar Revolutionary War Book Club discussion

The Road to Guilford Courthouse > Primary Source Supplement

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Todd (new)

Todd Andrlik (raglinen) | 4 comments Not sure if I'll be able to finish this book in time and contribute much to the conversation, but I found something today that is definitely worth sharing. The July 27, 1776, issue of the Providence Gazette features a page-two news article about the Battle of Sullivan's Island (chapter 1). The source of the news is a letter from Major-General Lee, dated July 2, 1776. Perhaps of even greater interest is the letter that immediately follows Lee's. Check out the 1776 letters, as published in the Gazette, by clicking here.

message 2: by Steve (new)

Steve Boothe (Smoothe_1) | 49 comments Mod
Thanks, Todd. I'm glad you joined the group! I don't want to put you on the spot but...whenever your time allows, I think it would be a terrific idea to post links to any relevant primary source documents at your disposal.

message 3: by Wilson (new)

Wilson Hines (wilsonhines) I just had a 10 pager dumped on me with the need to find primary source docs by slaves post RevWar. I already have four sources, do you know of a hot spot?

message 4: by Gail (new)

Gail (gailsluckett) | 1 comments HOW post RevWar? Would those slave narratives we used in NC History work? I've got a book called "Slave Narratives from the Federal Writers' Project, 1936-1938 - and some of those were online, too, remember? Is that too far away from the Rev. War time?

message 5: by Wilson (new)

Wilson Hines (wilsonhines) I think that would work well!