Terminalcoffee discussion

Viewing & Listening Pleasure: > Fashion Trends that bug the shit out of you (not NSFW) (bad jeans)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 310 (310 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Okay, I've got a couple of fashion pet peeves that I'm noticing, and I may even be guilty of committing.

description
1) Wearing tights under shorts. I tried this one time, and it didn't work out because a) the shorts and the tights were black b) I'm a big girl, I have big thighs. Big thighs equal super duper wedgies. But it's not just the jealousy factor, it's just that you can pull this off if you do it right. The girl in this picture is doing it right, but wearing too big shorts with 5 dollar capri leggings you got on sale just isn't going to cut it. This was a indie trend, and now I see a lot of girls doing it.

description
2) Tank top tucked into your skirt with the skirt pulled up to under your boobs. I didn't see this style until I came to college. I'm tired of seeing it. Yes, I did this when I went to the club ONE time. Wait, let's talk about that 'cause honey, you couldn't tell me my ass didn't look good in THAT miniskirt, okay? It was one of those "the purpose of this outfit is for boys to look at my ass and tits. Why else?" *snaps*

description
3) Velcro sandals. I don't know what they're called, but I HATE THEM SO MUCH! They look adorable on babies. Not on grown people.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

i occasionally wear those dresses, but i never understood the sandals or shorts-tights thing. neither look attractive.
i personally hate the new flatforms or whatever they are called. they're just ugly, i think.

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i am really over slouchie hats. both my sons wear them and i think they are goofy. the thing is, they made fun of dudes wearing oversizes sock caps before but now they are cool ???

message 4: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Kevin, what kind of hats?

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments slouchie beanie. oversized knit sock cap. beckham made one popular

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

oh, those are wierd on guys, i think.
i hate those studded leggings that were shown in fashion week and rihanna promoted. they're really ugly.

message 7: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments I don't understand pre-ripped jeans. I hate throwing down money on ripped clothing that makes me look either sloppy or homeless. My only other clothing choice would be 'mom jeans'. Bleh.

I'm lazy, so I don't mind Velcro sandals in the summer. I have a pair that are super comfy and casual.

I hate plaid...hated it in the 90's and hate the reemergence of it now. Grunge is dead.

message 8: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments Winter coats with sleeves that only reach the elbow. Of course, you could buy elbow length gloves- but this trend isn’t practical for Canada.
Photobucket

message 9: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24261 comments Mod
Helena wrote: "Winter coats with sleeves that only reach the elbow. Of course, you could buy elbow length gloves- but this trend isn’t practical for Canada.
"

Yeah. Kind of fucked.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

There's always a cadre.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

myles, i like your logic. i wish you could explain that leggings shit to half the girls in my school.

message 12: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I can't stand cowboy boots with booty shorts.

message 13: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments There was a trend popular in the Buffalo area (in winter) a year or two ago... very short denim skirts with leg warmers and flip flops. In the snow. Guess I’m old- this just doesn’t make sense to me:
Photobucket

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

i dont think that makes sense to anyone. in nyc, girls wear tiny skirts with long socks and high tops, which looks horrible.

message 15: by Mary (last edited Feb 20, 2011 07:49PM) (new)

Mary (madamefifi)

Shoes with spiky studs all over them. These shoes are all Louboutin (read: $$$$) but other designers are doing this trend as well. They seem dangerous and what if you paid a grand for a pair and after a few wearings some of the spikes fell out? Doesn't seem like something your average cobbler could repair.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

thats...ick.

message 17: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Useful if you need to zest a lemon.

message 18: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I can't stand it when middle aged women, like Meredith Vieira, wear platform hooker shoes.

message 19: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments When they wear what?

message 20: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

a combo of hooker heels and babydolls.

message 22: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Meredith's weren't Mary Janes like that, at least the ones I saw her wearing. But they were that high a platform.

message 23: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Of course Larry has a picture of hooker heels on standby

message 24: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Must be hard to walk in them.

message 25: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Yes, well fortunately for her, the job mostly involves sitting.

message 26: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I have one of everything on standby. I'm like the image Watson on Jeopardy.

message 27: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments iBritt wrote: "Of course Larry has a picture of hooker heels on standby"

Actually they look like Larry's feet :-)

message 28: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments iBritt wrote: "Of course Larry has a picture of hooker heels on standby"

I was thinking that too, Britt...

message 29: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

There is another thread with a picture of Larry's feet. We need to compare and contrast...

message 30: by Mary (last edited Feb 20, 2011 08:05PM) (new)

Mary (madamefifi) Oooh, I love platform hooker shoes! Only we call the "stripper shoes" at my house. Platforms make high heels much more comfortable to wear and some designers do it very classily, I think.

message 31: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Good luck finding that one.

And for the record, I would never defile my body with a tattoo.

message 32: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Lobstergirl will find it, if anyone can.

message 33: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Myles wrote: "Suefly wrote: "I don't understand pre-ripped jeans. I hate throwing down money on ripped clothing that makes me look either sloppy or homeless. My only other clothing choice would be 'mom jeans'. ..."

Ahhhh! Uggs! I don't care if you weigh 90 lbs and your legs are literally toothpics, Uggs make whom ever wears them look like they have legs the size of redwoods. They are ugly! I do not get the trend.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

i love sky high heels as long as they dont look cheap.

message 35: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Esme wrote: "i love sky high heels as long as they dont look cheap."

That's a keeper.

message 36: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Larry wrote: "I have one of everything on standby. I'm like the image Watson on Jeopardy."

He-he

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Larry wrote: "Esme wrote: "i love sky high heels as long as they dont look cheap."

That's a keeper."

yup

message 38: by Helena (last edited Feb 20, 2011 08:14PM) (new)

Helena | 1058 comments Mary wrote: "Oooh, I love platform hooker shoes! Only we call the "stripper shoes" at my house. Platforms make high heels much more comfortable to wear and some designers do it very classily, I think.

Oh, those are all nice. I like them very much... and I actually kind of like the first pair in message 17. I’d wear them... with pants though... not leather ones.

..."

message 39: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Mary wrote: "Oooh, I love platform hooker shoes! Only we call the "stripper shoes" at my house. Platforms make high heels much more comfortable to wear and some designers do it very classily, I think.

I hate to wear heels because I never learned to walk in them. I am going to try the platform heel if it makes walking in heels easier. Training heels for stripper shoes. Classic!

..."

message 40: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments Platform heels are much easier to walk in. Well, provided that the platform’s not too crazy.

Now- these don’t make sense to me:
Photobucket

message 41: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I saw an interview with gaga the other day and she was wearing shoes with about 10 inches of platform on them.

message 42: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Who thinks hooker shoes are NSFW?

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I never pictured you as a gaga fan Larry.

message 44: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Depends on the work, I suppose.

message 45: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Larry wrote: "I saw an interview with gaga the other day and she was wearing shoes with about 10 inches of platform on them."

Did they match her egg?

message 46: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) iBritt wrote: "Okay, I've got a couple of fashion pet peeves that I'm noticing, and I may even be guilty of committing.
1) Wearing tights under shorts. I tried this one time, and it didn't work out because ..."

It wasn't so much the tights under shorts that had me cringe; it was the HOLES in the tights.

message 47: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) Helena wrote: "Platform heels are much easier to walk in. Well, provided that the platform’s not too crazy.

"

Yes, what is the deal with the open-toed boot? It's cold so I'm going to wear boots yet allow my toes to freeze? No thanks.

message 48: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Helena wrote: "Platform heels are much easier to walk in. Well, provided that the platform’s not too crazy.

I like the nail polish color. And the color of the shoe, but I don't understand the fringe. Rather ugly, IMO.
"

message 49: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Larry wrote: ""

Okay, compare and contrast.

Larry's feet?

Larry's feet.

message 50: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I am really not a gaga fan. At all.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7