What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Secret of Dragonhome (Dragonhome, #1)
This topic is about The Secret of Dragonhome
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Dragon brother and sister, government training military force the sister is able to talk to animals. The setting is medieval fantasy, though besides the powers I don't remember much magic [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zwei (new)

Zwei Chen | 3 comments This is a book I read years back.

All I can remember is that it starts out following a brother and sister, the sister is able to talk to animals. The setting is medieval fantasy, though besides the powers I don't remember much magic, if any.

Over the course of the book, they end up at a base where the government is training people who also have powers like the sister to be a military force. Eventually they stage a revolt and break out.

Finally the pair end up at a castle I think, where the girl discovers the lord has been raising and hiding a pair of dragons. Dragons having been thought to be extinct, or at the very least haven't been seen in a very, very long time.

It eventually comes to light that the reason there are people with powers is that they were living on lands where dragons used to live, the dragons would infuse the land with magic, which then would end up getting passed along to the people living there.

By the end of the book, the sister finds out her brother also had powers, mind control. And he'd been using it to manipulate her to do things that would be most convenient for him.

That's really all I can remember, I hope it's enough for someone to know what it is. Not remembering the title anymore is starting to drive me nuts.

message 2: by April Ann (last edited Feb 20, 2011 06:47PM) (new)

message 3: by Zwei (new)

Zwei Chen | 3 comments That's it!

Thanks so much.

message 4: by April Ann (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments You're welcome! ;)