Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived: Threads, misc. > Red Riding Hood

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Has anyone seen the previews for this movie? It's produced by Leo DiCaprio, and is starring Amanda Seyfried. I can hardly wait for this one to come out. Here's the link to the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM8V3c...

message 2: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I've seen previews, it looks like it might be kinda cool

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Kit wrote: "I've seen previews, it looks like it might be kinda cool"

I think so too. First I love werewolf movies, but I think there's also a love triangle in this movie. I really hope the wolf is the hero, and is just misunderstood. LOL!

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments I'm looking forward to seeing this one too!!! It looks soooooo good!!

message 5: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 29 comments I can't wait for this movie to come out! I think it might be a book too?

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 04, 2011 02:42PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments SmittenKitten wrote: "I can't wait for this movie to come out! I think it might be a book too?"

LOL!!! Yes, a best seller I believe, though I read it eons ago. ROFLMAO! You're killing me.

I liked the movie trailers I've see and so does a male friend of mine (which surprised me, for some reason, usually not his thing). You know, I've waited a loooooooooong time for this movie.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Who is the author???? And is it a happily ever after story???????

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 04, 2011 03:13PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Faithmarie, you are too funny! No, not a HEA. LOL. Well, we will have to see about the movie. Ever since Hollywood changed The Scarlett Letter they think they can do anything.

According to Wikipedia “the earliest known printed version was known as Le Petit Chaperon Rouge and had its origins in 17th century French folklore."

Of course, later, a couple brothers made a fortune off it.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 04, 2011 03:51PM) (new)

Okay I have to wait till someone here see the movie first..... It looks really good but you know me ..... I HAVE TO HAVE MY HEA ENDING.....
I am a shallow spoiled baby I know but at my age I am gona get what I want !!!!!!!

Oh this version is the original?

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 04, 2011 05:29PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I know how you feel Faithmarie. Remember our discussion about Godzilla? I mean cr*p, she was just hunting for her baby. I like the Lykae too much for LRRH to turn out bad, and I think this is a paranormal romance.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree!!!!!!!! How could they end it badly ...... is that me crying there... LOL

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yup, that's you. LOL.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL ... thought so

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Faithmarie,

Yes, but I'm there enjoying the show and encouraging you on. LOL.

BTW, I found a quote: "There's no bitch on earth like a mother frightened for her kids." ~ Stephen King

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Well that would be me.....he he he

message 16: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) i totally want to see the movie. havne't read the book yet though. but will wait till after the movie now.

message 17: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 29 comments Well I'm the mark who actually dragged my fiancé to the movies last night to see this one... and it was bad. I was hoping for so-bad-it's-good in a cheesy way... which there were some scenes that lived up to this. It almost seemed like the movie was purposely trying to be cheesy/bad, and if that's the case they just didn't take it far enough (if they had, then I would have really liked it).

Also, it didn't help matters that I figured out who the wolf was in the first few minutes of the story... oh well. And yes, we were surrounded by teeniboppers in the theater.. it was like Twilight all over again!!

BUT my fiancé kind of liked the movie and said I was too hard on it.. LOL... so maybe he's right. :)

message 18: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments SmittenKitten, So? Does Faithmarie get her HEA?

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments SmittenKitten wrote: "Well I'm the mark who actually dragged my fiancé to the movies last night to see this one... and it was bad. I was hoping for so-bad-it's-good in a cheesy way... which there were some scenes that l..."

Ugh! I hate figuring out who the villain is in the first few minutes of a movie. Isort of like cheesy movies though. I almost think I watch more "B" movies than anything else. But if it was like Twilight all over again, I think I'd rather watch it at home. There was just way too much teeny bopper screaming for me!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Lisa Kay wrote: "SmittenKitten, So? Does Faithmarie get her HEA?"

Darn it!!!!! The coming attractions looked great to me.
So somebody message and tell me who the wolf is and who she ends up with.
I went to see the movie Eat pray and poop with my son in laws grandmother and I HATED it! I was so angry for the money I spent on that stupid movie ..... but I shut my BIG mouth because she liked it! So one woman's crap is another woman's entertainment.....
So if I like who the wolf is and who she ends up with ... I just might go see it. I LOVE spoilers ..... I read all the spoilers I can find about books and movies. It takes some of the stress out for me.

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Faithmarie wrote: "Lisa Kay wrote: "SmittenKitten, So? Does Faithmarie get her HEA?"

Darn it!!!!! The coming attractions looked great to me.
So somebody message and tell me who the wolf is and who she ends up with..."

LOL! I have what I call "spoiler anxiety." I'm scared to death of them for some reason. I can remember my brother ruining The Usual Suspects, and Million Dollar Baby for me by telling me the main events. I remind him about it every chance I get, LOL!! He loves spoilers though.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't see the usual suspects but I asked about million dollar baby and soooo I have never seen it and never will...
My son in law gets very upset if I even mention a movie he wants to see. LOL But we agree to me never telling him anything and he agrees to telling me everything. We enjoy our movies. He is my movie buddy. My daughters don't like movies or TV. I ruined them..... I love movies.

message 23: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 29 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "SmittenKitten, So? Does Faithmarie get her HEA?"

Yep, definitely HEA :)

message 24: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 29 comments Faithmarie wrote: "I was so angry for the money I spent on that stupid movie ....."

With the cost of going to the movies these days, your anger is totally justified!!

You may still want to go see Red Riding Hood... maybe you'll like it? It was still mildly entertaining... I think my problem with it is that it could have been so much better. And do you really want to know the spoilers? If so, I will PM you.. not going to put any spoiler tags here though.. don't want to tempt anyone!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

SmittenKitten wrote: "Faithmarie wrote: "I was so angry for the money I spent on that stupid movie ....."

With the cost of going to the movies these days, your anger is totally justified!!

You may still want to go see..."

ABSOLUTLY.... I Love spoilers... that would be great. I find that most movies could be better. We dont go to the movies much anymore because it really is a gamble wether or not a movie is good or your just burning up your money.
Thank you SmittenKitten!

message 26: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 29 comments OK, you asked for it.. I just sent you a PM. :D

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

SmittenKitten wrote: "OK, you asked for it.. I just sent you a PM. :D"

Oh you are an angel!!!! Thank you!!!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.