Flowery Friends discussion

Slightly off Topic: New Scarlet Pimpernel movie

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by maline (last edited Feb 20, 2011 03:47PM) (new)

maline | 2 comments Hi, I figured I'd post here even though this particular flower is not part of the Pink Carnation series...but is responsible for it (and Willig of course!).

So there will be a new Scarlet Pimpernel movie to be released in 2012. Neil Jackson will play Percy. See link below:

http://enchantedserenityperiodfilms.b...

I've never seen any of his movies so I am not so sure how he's going to be. He sure has a tough act to follow as I am deathly partial to Anthony Andrews as the Pimpernel in the 1982 version.

message 2: by Joy (new)

Joy | 2 comments We'll I'm excited!

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 35 comments Taiaja wrote: "Hi, I figured I'd post here even though this particular flower is not part of the Pink Carnation series...but is responsible for it (and Willig of course!).

So there will be a new Scarlet Pimper..."

I just saw the '82 version for the first time just recently and was gobsmacked at how much I loved it. At first, Andrews seems to be doing something weird, but by the end, you can't take your eyes off him! I am cautiously optimistic about a new version.

message 4: by Helen (new)

Helen (helenma) | 4 comments That version is good but also do not miss the version with Leslie Howard as Percy and Merle Oberon as Marguerite made in the 1930s in b&w. I also saw, maybe 5 years ago, a rather strange TV miniseries with Richard Grant (I think he is Hugh Grant's brother) as Percy.

message 5: by Kayse (new)

Kayse (kaysel) | 1 comments The Anthony Andrews and Leslie Howard versions will have to do for now, because I just found this...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news...

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 35 comments ^That's a little disappointing--I would have loved to see a new version of Pimpernel.

(But I'm SO glad a new version of Ivanhoe is coming! The book has great cinematic possibilities the '50s film didn't even touch. It's ripe for remake.)

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat LeMaster (tinksaysboo) | 8 comments I definitely want to read some of the original novels before seeing the movie! Has anyone read them yet?