Romance Audiobooks discussion

Audiobook Discussions > 5 Credits at Audible - What would you buy?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Due to Audible's recent sale on credits, I now have five credits and am wondering how best to spend. I know one will have to go to Nalini Singh's Archangel's Consort later this month (if Audible releases on the same date as the CDs). Same for Anne Stuart's Reckless March 7th. But what to do with the other three?

I feel like an Audible shopping spree. If you had the equivalent of five credits (one book per credit) what books would you buy today? Have any of the new releases garnered your attention lately?

message 2: by MaryK (new)

MaryK | 168 comments Recently bought:
Kelley Armstrong's Bitten
Jacqueline Winspear's Maisey Dobbs (don't think it has any romance but I liked the sample)

Am eyeing:
Molly Harper's And One Last Thing…
Invitation to the Boss's Ball by Fiona Harper (a Challenge book - have never listened to a HQN category before! it's an HR not an HP so hopefully it isn't too sexy for my ears)
Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper
plus assorted Lisa Kleypases that you've probably already got

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane Mason | 129 comments If I had 5 credits, I would buy the rest of Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation books. Have I said how much I'm loving that series? :) I'm also eyeballing A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Diane wrote: "If I had 5 credits, I would buy the rest of Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation books. Have I said how much I'm loving that series? :) I'm also eyeballing A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness."

Please let us know if you decide to go with A Discovery of Witches. I've been so curious about that one.

message 5: by Kalena (new)

Kalena (KalenaV) | 36 comments I just started A Discovery of Witches and am loving it!

message 6: by Vic (last edited Feb 21, 2011 08:36AM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments So funny you guys are mentioning A Discovery of Witches my sister just rec. it to me yesterday. I haven't gotten it though.

LOVED Bitten by Kelley Armstrong!

I know Lea's listened to the audios I recently finished and enjoyed.

My future audio credits are going towards Pale Demon by Kim Harrison (UF), Treachery in Death by J.D. Robb, Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh (PNR), Late Eclipses by Seanan McGuire (UF), This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (PNR), Twilight's Dawn by Anne Bishop (Fantasy) and River Marked by Patricia Briggs (UF)! That's just for releases 2/22 and 3/1!

message 7: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 224 comments I keep hoping for the new Eloisa James. It took a while for the novella to show up so I haven't given up hope. I'll be buying more Jeaniene Frost and I was thinking of trying a Maggie Osborne. Always heard great things about her stuff (I was searching through the older Audible listings).

message 8: by Christina (new)

Christina | 54 comments MaryK Audiobook wrote: "Recently bought:
Kelley Armstrong's Bitten
Jacqueline Winspear's Maisey Dobbs (don't think it has any romance but I liked the sample)

I love the audio versions of all the Maisey Dobbs books. You are right that there really isn't much romance - bits and pieces- but they are really well done books.

message 9: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 296 comments I'm not sure I can think of anything you haven't already listened to! ;-) I'm seriously thinking about buying the first book in Feehan's Ghostwalker series, mostly because I loved the narrator, Tom Stechshulte, when he read Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts and I want to hear something else by him.

message 10: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Carrie wrote: "I'm not sure I can think of anything you haven't already listened to! ;-) I'm seriously thinking about buying the first book in Feehan's Ghostwalker series, mostly because I loved the narrator, Tom..."

I really enjoy this series and Tom does a good job reading it.