Book Club discussion

FREE PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITY FOR FANTASY/SCI-FI/HORROR AUTHORS

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by George (new)

George Straatman I would like to thank John for forming this group and I would also like to extend an invitation to all fantasy/sci-fi/horror authors to take advantage of a free promotional opportunity. If those interested will send a cover jpeg, a synopsis and where-to-purchase and where to contact information to geolouicewind@yahoo.ca, I will feature their latest fiction on my author blog at www.georgestraatman.com...my intention here is to create a co-operative community of reciprocal cross promotion that will aid authors and the genres that we love. I have blogged several authors already, so I invite fellow members to my site to get a sense of what I am attempting to achieve. While cross-promotion is the intention, it is not mandatory to being selected for a blog posting.

message 2: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Alley (traceya) Hi George,
Just sent off all my details - what a wonderfully, generous offer, thank you :)

message 3: by George (new)

George Straatman Here is an update on the list of authors who have decided to participate in my effort to develop a group of writers who wish to partake in reciprocal cross promotions...I hope more authors in the target genres will join embrace the concept and I hope that those who have participated will approach each other an further develop the notion.

I initially posted a thread inviting fantasy, sci-fi and horror authors to participate in a reciprocal cross promotional concept with a mind to using my website’s author blog to spotlight some of their creative works…this offer stands and will continue to stand as I would like to see aspiring authors work together to promote each others’ works and the genres we love. Here is a list of authors I have featured on my blog since initiating this concept:

AUTHOR GENRE TITLE

Kriss Perras Running Waters - Sci-fi - 300 Nights

Patricia Puddle - children’s fantasy - Velvet Ball and the Broken Fairy

Jess C Scott - Fantasy - Other Side of Life

Nicki J Markus - Fantasy - Dragon’s Heart

Franz McClaren - Fantasy - Home Lost (Clarion of Destiny 1)

Tracy Falbe - Fantasy - Union or Renegades (Rys 1)

Tracey Alley - Fantasy - Erich’s Plea (Witchcraft Wars)

David N. Pauly - Fantasy - Icarus Rising

Ottilie Weber - YA Sci-Fi - End of The Line

I have a group of others in the que and ready to be posted. Again, I invite other authors to participate…while reciprocal posting is the concept and is preferred, it is not strictly necessary…just submit a cover jpeg, synopsis and purchase and or contact links to geolouicewind@yahoo.ca and I will post your submission of my blog at www.georgestraatman.com. I believe we can all benefit by fostering a co-operative environment of promoting our works and the genres we love to work in.

message 4: by Dani (new)

Dani Smith (daniquickdraw) | 12 comments George wrote: "I would like to thank John for forming this group and I would also like to extend an invitation to all fantasy/sci-fi/horror authors to take advantage of a free promotional opportunity. If those in..."

George,
Just sent my info. Thanks a MILLION!
I would love to interview you on my blog, The Angel's Gate, as a thank you. Email me at wildwyrmart@yahoo.com and I'll send you the Guest Author Questionnaire.

message 5: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (bitsyblingbooks) | 9 comments Thanks George!

I sent info to the email address listed above. Please let me know if you need anything else. Let me know how I might return the favor. I can always host giveaways for authors that are interested over at my book review site. I have a great following and participate in many book blog events. http://bitsybling.blogspot.com

Charlie
bitsyblingbooks (at) gmail (dot) com

message 6: by David (new)

David Pauly (davidpauly) | 3 comments Hi

My name is David Pauly, author of the new fantasy fiction Icarus Rising. I am currently giving away 300 free ebooks and 40% Off Coupons (details can be found my website www.davidpauly.com Giveaway. I would appreciate it if you could post the event in your websites.

Thank you
David Pauly
www.davidpauly.com Giveaway
www.davidpauly.com

message 7: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (bitsyblingbooks) | 9 comments Hi David,

I posted it over at my book site (upper left corner) under giveaways.

http://bitsybling.blogspot.com

message 8: by David (new)

David Pauly (davidpauly) | 3 comments Thank you very much Charlie

message 9: by George (new)

George Straatman I am gratified that others are showing signs of embracing this concept. Congratulations to those who reaize that we can help each other and as a consequence, help ourselves as well!

message 10: by David (new)

David Pauly (davidpauly) | 3 comments I like your idea. I am going to create a page with links to other authors too. I am still new to this website/publishing business, so it will take a while though.

David

message 11: by Rob (new)

Rob Tobin (robtobin) | 9 comments Following is a set of reviews for my new urban fantasy eNovel “God Wars: Living with Angels,” available for $2.99 on Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, Omnilit.com and Smashwords.com.

Also, here is a link to a radio interview I did on the book:

http://romanceradio.net/2011/03/12/rr...

Boy, what a book! Tobin is a master of building up the action, taking you one way then turning you back on yourself… you never see the twists coming… Diana is a wonderful character… she has suffered terribly… the author has something to say… the elements of humanity run strong within.

- Colin Galbraith, Freedom from the Mundane

I thoroughly enjoyed Living With Angels and can't wait for Book Two… you need to read the book… Your heart will go out to Diana… this is one you want to plan on picking up… Make sure you have time to sit and read though, you will get sucked in.

- Miranda @ Eclectic Bookshelf

This is a very intense read full of action and an intriguing mythology that will have far-reaching consequences in the books to come in this captivating series. Issues of hatred, forgiveness, and the power that each of us possess become a major part of this story and stick with you long after the final page... I am excited to see where things go next and am definitely on board for wherever Mr. Tobin plans to take us.

- Worlds of Wisdom from the Scarf Princess

God Wars starts out quickly and never ever lets up on the action and twists. There is tragedy, witchcraft, demons, aliens, and awesomeness. I’d recommend this book to any fan of urban fantasy.

- Pensive Bookeaters

message 12: by George (new)

George Straatman I initially posted a thread inviting fantasy, sci-fi and horror authors to participate in a reciprocal cross promotional concept with a mind to using my website’s author blog to spotlight some of their creative works…this offer stands and will continue to stand as I would like to see aspiring authors work together to promote each others’ works and the genres we love. Here is a list of authors I have featured on my blog since initiating this concept:

AUTHOR - GENRE - TITLE

Kriss Perras Running Waters - Sci-fi - 300 Nights

Patricia Puddle - children’s fantasy - Velvet Ball and the Broken Fairy

Jess C Scott - Fantasy - Other Side of Life

Nicki J Markus - Fantasy - Dragon’s Heart

Franz McClaren - Fantasy - Home Lost (Clarion of Destiny 1)

Tracy Falbe - Fantasy - Union or Renegades (Rys 1)

Tracey Alley - Fantasy - Erich’s Plea (Witchcraft Wars)

David N. Pauly - Fantasy - Icarus Rising

Ottilie Weber - YA Sci-Fi - End of the Line

Maxwell Alexander Drake - Fantasy - Farmers and Mercenaries

Danielle D Smith - (erotic) Horror - Black Dog and Rebel Rose

Charlie Courtland - Horror - The Secret of a Spicy Jalapeno

Franz s Mcclaren - Fantasy - Into the Demon Realm (Clarion of Destiny 5)

I have a group of others in the que and ready to be posted. Again, I invite other authors to participate…while reciprocal posting is the concept and is preferred, it is not strictly necessary…just submit a cover jpeg, synopsis and purchase and or contact links to geolouicewind@yahoo.ca and I will post your submission of my blog at www.georgestraatman.com. I believe we can all benefit by fostering a co-operative environment of promoting our works and the genres we love to work in.

message 13: by Buster (new)

Buster LaFrance (blafrance) | 8 comments Hey all...
I'm a fantasy writer who has recently published my first novel, DARK VENGEANCE, set in Darithye, a world of my creation. I am offering a free copy on Smashwords until June 5. The coupon code is AT66L. Use the coupon to get a free copy of my ebook!

In return, all I ask is this. If you are one who does reviews, I would appreciate a review. Please email me at crawfishchili@sbcglobal.net. Also, if you read it, please post a review on Amazon. I am currently working on the sequel to DARK VENGEANCE.

Thanx.

message 14: by Patti (new)

Patti Roberts | 9 comments Hi George, just sent you off an email. I have a blog for Author promotion to so we should link. Patti

http://paradox-theangelsarehere.blogs...

message 15: by George (new)

George Straatman Patti...I will send an e-mail your way tonight (30-05-2011) and we can set up the material for a posting exchange...Buster, I really don't do reviews as I have a particularly jaundice personal opinion of their relative value...if you send me the material I've mentioned at the beginning of this thread, I will gladly feature your first novel info on my blog in the near future.

message 16: by Patti (new)

Patti Roberts | 9 comments yep, i know, i don't have time to review either, I just promote... Sent off my info to you earlier :) let me know if you didn't get it. Cheers Patti

message 17: by ILoveBooks (new)

ILoveBooks | 7 comments http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/ I can do reviews in a week or so (already have four going up this week)

message 18: by Patti (new)

Patti Roberts | 9 comments Krystal wrote: "http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/ I can do reviews in a week or so (already have four going up this week)"

would love it if you had time to review mine. Paradox - The Angels Are Here by Patti Roberts

here is the book trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iovcxy...

if you are interested I will forward you the ebook. cheers Patti

message 19: by ILoveBooks (new)

ILoveBooks | 7 comments I would love to, thanks!

message 20: by Patti (new)

Patti Roberts | 9 comments Krystal wrote: "I would love to, thanks!"

Oh that is great. what is your email and I will send one to you now. what format would you like it in?

message 21: by ILoveBooks (new)

ILoveBooks | 7 comments edysicecreamlover18ATgmailDOTcom I suppose a pdf or epub is great :)

message 22: by Patti (new)

Patti Roberts | 9 comments on its way :)

message 23: by ILoveBooks (new)

ILoveBooks | 7 comments Thanks :)

message 24: by Suzy (new)

Suzy Turner (suzyturner) | 9 comments Great stuff, George! Thanks!
Raven

message 25: by Patti (new)

Patti Roberts | 9 comments thanks for the great review Krystal

http://paradox-theangelsarehere.blogs...

Patti :)

message 26: by ILoveBooks (new)

ILoveBooks | 7 comments I truly loved the book!

message 27: by Ami (new)

Ami Blackwelder (amirblackwelder) | 1 comments I would like to take this opportunity to talk about The Shifter Evolutions which is a 6 part saga. Shifter-SciFi-Romance for adults and YA.

The saga begins in the middle with book three: The Shifters of 2040 of which you can read many reviews about on goodreads.

Then the reader choses to read the past of future.

Hope you'll take a look.

http://amiblackwelder.blogspot.com

The Shifters of 2040 (Shifter Evolutions, #3) by Ami Blackwelder