Future Survivors, the Apocalypse Group discussion

Dystopian Books > Matched

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (catsbooksandcritters) | 71 comments Mod
I bought and started this yesterday and so far so good. Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Let me know what you think I don't know whether or not I want to read this one

message 3: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (catsbooksandcritters) | 71 comments Mod
I enjoyed it (I finished a few days ago)it made me think of a cross between The Giver and Brave New World, in a good way. It was somewhat predicable but good.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome, thx!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I enjoyed it. But it did seem predictable. Cant wait for second book to come out. Hope it has some good plot twists.

message 6: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (juliloosle) | 20 comments I finally got to read it! I gave up waiting for it at the library and talked my mom into getting it for me.

I really liked it. It was a little predictable, but not in a bad way. I recommend reading it. It did have a few things that reminded me of The Giver.

message 7: by Frostfire (new)

Frostfire | 4 comments Reminded me of the other side of the island.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh, Crossed and Reached were awful, but Matched was okay. Cassia was too whiny and Ky got soft >:/

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I liked Matched but there was a bit too much romance for my liking. Willread the follow ups to find out what happens though.

message 10: by Shosho (new)

Shosho honestly i didn't really like matched and i truly disliked crossed. I didn't read the third one.
I didn't like them because I felt the protagonists were boring and unrelatable, and the world-building unbelievable. The romance I think was also overhyped.