TV We've Just Watched discussion

Dramas > The Good Wife

Comments Showing 1-50 of 115 (115 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Holli (new)

Holli Does anyone watch this show? I think it's phenomenal. I love it. Definitely one of my favorites. It's been getting better and better with each episode and season.

message 2: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I do! I do! I do!! How did we not already have a thread for this?

message 3: by Holli (new)

Holli I don't know!! Isn't it great? That Blake/Kalinda scene was HOT last week!!

message 4: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Totally. and what is the big secret w/ Kalinda anyway?

message 5: by Eileen (new)

Eileen I thought Blake was being sincere..so why do you think she hit him with the bat?

message 6: by Holli (new)

Holli I think Blake was being sincere too but then I thought he said something about her secret and that's when she hit him...... am i remembering that correctly? I may not be! LOL

message 7: by Holli (new)

Holli Roxy, all I know is that Kalinda may be from Canada and her real name is Leela. And that she faked her own death. Not sure why yet.... could be good!

message 8: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I think just before Kalinda hit him with the bat he said he found her husband. Or was that after.

message 9: by Eileen (new)

Eileen The way I remember it was after he was hit and lying on the floor Blake mentioned Kalinda's husband. Yes?

message 10: by Holli (new)

Holli That's right!!!

message 11: by Holli (new)

Holli a little spoiler:

(view spoiler)

message 12: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I totally didn't understand the case they were working on. The coo the partners staged to get Bond out unfolded nicely

message 13: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Anyone watch last night's episode, Ham Sandwich ?

I'm a little confused, did Bishop's wife actually die of a drug over dose? That scene was so quick and no one seemed too shocked.

message 14: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Yes! Remember Bishop said something like lawyers can't do everything, you have to take matters into your own hands. I think Bishop had someone kill her bacause he didn't want to lose custody of his son.

What about Kalinda and Peter?!?! WOW!!!

message 15: by Robyn (last edited Mar 24, 2011 08:59AM) (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I don't quite understand the Kalinda/Peter thing. So he knew her before she worked with him? he helped her change her name and THEN she, "Kalinda", started working for him?
I also forget the background of their work issue. He supposedly fired her right? And didn't Alicia suspect Kalinda was the one who slept with Peter in the first place?
I must apologize for my sludgy memory.

message 16: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments How do we not have more chatter about this show?! Good season finale. Though I am a little confused with the Peter thing.

message 17: by Holli (new)

Holli I haven't watched the finale yet... was so happy to finally see Alicia have some emotion in the previous episode!

message 18: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments She does have an awesome poker face, doesn't she.

message 19: by Holli (new)

Holli The Good Wife | One of the million-dollar questions heading into Season 3 of the acclaimed CBS drama is this: Is there any way, for whatever reason, that Alicia will not up and divorce Peter, whom she instantly (and rather efficiently!) sent packing upon learning he once bedded Kalinda? Julianna Margulies suspects that a legal fork will not soon be put in the Florrick marriage, if only because helping Peter get elected governor could be a very good thing for her good wife. “The truth is you kind of want to get him out of the State’s Attorney office, because as long as he’s in there, [Alicia] is going to have to deal with him all the time,” Margulies theorized. In other words, when it comes to Alicia putting on her best game face, yet again, “She will have to weigh the good that will come of it. There will be two sides to the coin.”

message 20: by Holli (new)

Holli Turns out Lisa Edelstein will be back on TV this fall after all!
House‘s departing taskmistress has booked a juicy multi-episode arc on CBS’ The Good Wife, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

The actress — who sent House fans into a tailspin last month when it was announced that she would not be returning to the Fox hit after failing to come to terms on a new contract — will play a lawyer and born poker player whose sexiness is enhanced by her obvious intelligence.

Additional details are scarce, but rumor has it Edelstein’s character — who turns up during the early part of the acclaimed drama’s forthcoming third season — shares a past with Will (Josh Charles). It’s unclear if said past is professional, personal, or both, but I smell a showdown between her and Alicia (Julianna Margulies).

message 21: by Holli (new)

Holli The Good Wife | The instant that TVLine broke the news about House alum Lisa Edelstein joining CBS’ hot drama, many speculated that her character would drive a wedge between Will and Alicia. We have since reported that Lisa E. will be playing Will’s ex-partner, from his old law firm — and that leads me to suspect that she will figure into the dark “embezzlement” secret from his past, hinted at by that SOB P.I. Blake before he scurried off stage left. Exhibit A: Good Wife boss Robert King assured me the show is “going to build on that” dropped bombshell, even with Blake gone. Exhibit B: Julianna Margulies told me that in Season 3, “Will is dealing with demons, and we’re about to find out why Blake was in his life” years ago in D.C. My theory? With Peter believing that Will was engaged in hanky panky with Alicia even before the Kalinda reveal, he will dig into his rival’s past and sully his Boy Scout badge. As Margulies teased, “I have a feeling that Peter is going to go after the Will Gardner character.” So did I make my case? Might Edelstein’s legal eagle be privy to Will’s transgression? Or is Peter out to make certain that she finds out?

message 22: by Holli (new)

Holli The Good Wife | As hinted during my Emmy Q&A with Julianna Margulies, watch for Kalinda – who at times during Season 2 ran the risk of becoming the CBS hit’s impervious Fonzie – to shed some armor moving forward, especially now that her big mystery has been unraveled. “There was an intention in the second year to make it look like her deep, dark secrets were some big, massive conspiracy-ish thing, only to hide the fact that the secret was actually very simple,” series cocreator Robert King tells me. “What we want to do this year is explore more the human aspect of things.” Now, now, don’t fret that Ms. Sharma will become less enigmatic. Says King, “We’re not turning her into any less of a baroque or operatic character; we just want to show that Kalinda [having betrayed Alicia] is also suffering and struggling through real human emotions, like anybody in life would.”

message 23: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments We just got our power back last night after being off for a week. I noticed it was recording a new GW. the description made it sound like it is a recap? I didn't miss the premier the , right ?

message 24: by Holli (new)

Holli Yep, it was a recap :) You're good! LOL

message 25: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I started watching the recap/preview special. Cool. I forgot how good this show is. I can't wait for it to start though I am not digging how Julianna's hair looks. I assume that will be Alicia's new look. It's too Jackie O.

message 26: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Soooo....thoughts on the season premier?
Sstupid football screwed up my DVR time but I was able to catch the rest of the episode on-line. The one seen with Alicia & Will.....steamy!

message 27: by Holli (new)

Holli Very steamy!! I love this show so much... it's great!!

message 28: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Stupid football. It messes up my timer for The Good Wife and I even extended it by a half hour.
I missed a little bit at the end I think. Can someone fill me in? The last thing I saw was Alicia leaving the hotel the same time as the mitigator. She started to thank him and that was all I got.

message 29: by Melissa (new)

Melissa He kind of put her in her place. She was trying to say that the 'right' thing happened, and he interrupted to point out that her client is rich now, and that she'd done her job well ... by playing the defense, and by playing him also. He wasn't upset with her, just pointing out that the outcome didn't necessarily make her 'one of the good guys'.

message 30: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Cool. THank you Kaliki

message 31: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I still love this show but I do find it interesting that it doesn't cause much chatter in here.

Last night's episode was good. I found myself chuckling a lot. I'd been trying to figure out what Calinda's deal was, which side was she really working.

And that song at the end....it was playing at Will's party. It was a cover but I cannot even think of the name of the song or the original. I was wondering who did the cover.

message 32: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Figured out the original: Whitesnakes' Here I Go Again. But who did the cover?!?!?!

message 33: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments FOUND IT!!! Audra Mae. But I couldn't find a video for it, just the MP3

message 34: by Holli (new)

Holli I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet.... sounds like a good one. I like this show a lot too... it's a great one.

message 35: by Holli (new)

Holli Just finished watching this latest episode Roxy... SOOOO good!! I was so happy to find out that Kalinda was still working on Will's side.

message 36: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Yes! I was very relieved. Everyone on that show has such a good poker face!

message 37: by Holli (new)

Holli Yes they do!! And the slap.... Kalinda took that well... :)

message 38: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I haven't missed any new episodes, right?

I'm sure you've seen this already but in case not.... Matthew Perry to join Good Wife
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Matthew-P...

message 39: by Holli (new)

Holli I saw that Roxy and I can't wait... should be GOOD. Nope, you haven't missed any. I think they took a break for a bit.

message 40: by Holli (new)

Holli renewed for another season

message 41: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Yay!

message 42: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I'm glad Cary is back at the firm. But why was Peter calling him at the end? Are they going to lead us to believe he is playing both sides?

And what's the deal with the older guy who is a name partner? I didn't understand who he was really. I got that he has worked there the longest but it seemed he doesn't practice law.

message 43: by Holli (new)

Holli He's been sick so he doesn't practice anymore.... I am an episode behind on this so I need to catch up before I discuss! LOL

message 44: by Holli (new)

Holli It would be tough for Josh Charles to top last year — when he earned the first Emmy nomination of his career for his work as Will Gardner on CBS’ The Good Wife. However, given the weight of his Season 3 story arc — not only did his attorney character enter into (and almost as quickly exit) a romantic relationship with Julianna Margulies’ Alicia, but he was suspended from practicing law and was forced to revisit his past as a gambling addict — the Sports Night alum looks poised to do just that. This time, however, he’s not just likely to get a supporting actor nomination, he could very well walk home with the prize.

TVLINE | Was there any aspect of your storyline that you found particularly satisfying to play?
It was really fascinating to see [Will] have to face the consequences, professionally and personally, for the actions that he’s taken or not taken in his life. At the core, this guy’s a gambler — literally and figuratively. He has an addictive personality, and that backstory felt very authentic to what we’ve seen already from Will. He likes to take risks, loves to live on the edge, and loves to cut corners — morally and unethically. He consistently walks a tightrope, and is happy to do so, because he likes the adrenaline of that.

TVLINE | Your dynamic and chemistry with Julianna seems so effortless. Was that just luck?
I’ve known Julianna for some time. In fact, she called me about the job at the same time that they offered it to me. She said, “Hey I’m doing this show, and there’s a cool role, and I think you’d be great for it.” I came in with a history with her. She’s just the greatest. We work our asses off on the show, as anyone who does a network show can testify to. There are long hours. It’s a long season, you make 22, 23 episodes … I’m not complaining. I feel very blessed to have the gig, and I love doing it. But it’s a marathon, not a sprint, [so] it’s really important that you [like] the people you work with. We’re constantly playing “Words with Friends” and laughing … always trying to keep it light. Everybody takes what they do very seriously, but Jules doesn’t take herself so seriously. And she is such a good person, by nature such a caretaker. It’s in her genetic make-up. It’s why she’s such a good mom. She just wants to make sure everybody around her is taken care of. We’re really lucky to have someone like that leading the ship.

TVLINE | Between the guest actors and the regulars, the cast is the envy of the industry. Do you ever look around you some days and go, “Wow.”
Every day. Seriously. Every. Fucking. Day. It’s amazing. We’re in New York so the talent pool is just incredible. It makes it really fun to come to work when you know you’ve got some great actors to hit the ball with.

TVLINE | Have you thought about which episode you’ll submit should you be nominated?
There was an episode this season called “Parenting Made Easy.” That was the one where Alicia breaks things off with Will. I was just really proud of the entire episode. I love the writing and I loved how Rosemary Rodriguez directed it. I was really proud of my work in that, and I don’t often say that. I am very hypercritical of myself. I thought the whole episode had a quiet intensity to it and a breadth to it that I really responded to.

TVLINE | You had such a meaty season, storyline-wise. Did you ever consider submitting yourself in the lead actor race?
I didn’t. It never even crossed my mind, actually. The show is built around Alicia. She’s the only true lead of the show, and everyone supports [her]. And I’m totally comfortable with that.

TVLINE | What’s your take on industry awards?
I have mixed feelings about it. I was incredibly flattered last year to be included in that mix of actors. You can sit there and make fun of those things all you want, but at the end of the day when your name’s called — maybe it makes me a hypocrite — but it did make me feel very humble and proud. It just felt nice to be included in that group. [But] it’s a roulette. If my work gets recognized this year that would be great. And if it doesn’t, my life will be fine, you know? At the end of the day, it would be very flattering, and I would be very happy about it, but it’s not why I do what I do, you know? I truly mean it. It’s not what drives me.

TVLINE | The one aspect of The Good Wife that gets overlooked come awards-time is the directing. Do you see the directors as the show’s unsung heroes?
I’m really glad that you asked that because I feel like that too. Directing television could be a really thankless job, because you come in as sort of the guest. The actors are pretty entrenched in their characters, and the writers create the show and it’s basically their child. But [a good director] can make a huge difference. I wish they were recognized.

message 45: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Kalinda's hubby cast and Muara Tierny signed for reoccurring role
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Good-Wife...

message 46: by Holli (new)

Holli The Good Wife continues to add some very good talent to its Season 4 ranks.

On the heels of casting ER alum Maura Tierney, Broadway vet Kristin Chenoweth and British actor Marc Warren (as Kalinda’s ex) in recurring roles for its upcoming season, the acclaimed CBS drama has recruited two-time Tony Award winner/three-time Emmy nominee Nathan Lane to appear in multiple episodes.

UPDATE: Lane will play a bean-counter assigned by the bank to trim the fat at Lockhart & Gardner, which in the season finale lost one of its biggest clients, and get the firm back to fiscal health. As such, he will find himself at odds with Will, Diane and others at the firm.

Lane’s most recent TV gigs include the role of Pepper Saltzman on Modern Family and Jack Donaghy’s brother Eddie on 30 Rock.

The Good Wife‘s Season 4 launch, as with all CBS premiere dates, has yet to be announced, though the show will continue to air Sundays at 9/8c.

message 47: by Holli (new)

Holli Question: Any Good Wife scoop on Kalinda and Cary? I’m really hoping this is the season they stop being polite and start hitting the sheets. —Troy
Ausiello: That’s probably not going to happen, at least not as long as her control freak husband is around. Speaking of which, rumor has it Kalinda will be a shell of her former self when her ex enters the picture this fall.

message 48: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Oh no! IS Kalinda going to fall apart?! THat will be hard to watch she is so strong and composed. All the women in this show are.

message 49: by Holli (new)

Holli Yes they are.... I agree, that will be hard to watch.

message 50: by Holli (new)

Holli The Good Wife has retained another well-credentialed guest star for its upcoming fourth season.

The CBS drama has tapped Amanda Peet to join the cast on a recurring basis.

The Bent actress will play a Lockhart & Gardner client — a military lawyer who sues a contract worker for an attempted sexual assault. After trying to pursue the case pro se, she hires Alicia as her lawyer and the two become confidants and then friends.

Previously announced Season 4 guest stars include Maura Tierney, Nathan Lane, Kristin Chenoweth and British thesp Marc Warren (as Kalinda’s estranged hubby).

« previous 1 3