Bookcrossers discussion

BC general > ebooks on BC

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathepsut) How do you deal with ebooks on BookCrossing?

There is a category for them, when registering them. Do you register them? How do you deal with the BCID? It's not as if you can slap a BCID-sticker on the book...

message 2: by Feodora (new)

Feodora | 108 comments Mod
I dont know much about ebooks. Are the stored like mp3 files? Maybe you can add the id to the filename? Or is it a bunch of datas, maybe you can add a simple txt-file with the ID in?

message 3: by Cathy (last edited Feb 21, 2011 11:53AM) (new)

Cathy (cathepsut) It is usually one file, the most common are pdf, epub or mobi (kindle). I suppose I could add it to the filename.
I was interested in finding out how others do it...

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy (bookczuk) | 97 comments The basic rule of thumb is that if it's a file you can share (ie a pdf or computer file or a file from a reader that allows sharing) it can be registered, and when you share the file, share the BCID. These can only be released as controlled releases though, unless you plan to leave your computer on somewhere and unprotected....

message 5: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathepsut) At the moment I can't take part in Kindle Lending--as I understand it, I can only lend books out from my Kindle if I am based in the US. So for now I will probably just leave it and not register my ebooks on BC.