Who Picked This Book? discussion

Drepressed?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 3 comments I get really connected to the characters in a book I love. After I read for a bit in this book I feel a little moody and depressed. It is mostly during the scenes with August and Rosie-during movies or books I tend to get more upset about the animals than the people!ha I cried over it last night! I've started skipping over the parts that I know he'll be abusive so I won't feel so awful.

When I was in middle school my mom would take my books away from me because I would get so upset when I read them-she didn't want me crying!

Anyone else have this problem??

message 2: by Molly (new)

Molly (mollyschulte) | 7 comments Mod
leslie- I was feeling the same way! The animal abuse is so sad! I just can't believe it...it gives me a sick feeling in my stomach! I feel bad because I felt sad for most the animals, but I have totally connected with Rosie, and can't handle when she is being abused...maybe it is because she has such human like characteristics, and feelings? I have been limiting myself to reading only four chapters a day so that I don't get too sucked into the emotional side of this book.