What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Family, car chase, terrorized? Published early/mid 90s?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥ Susan (new)

♥ Susan  (mermaidx) | 9 comments This book came out in paperback roughly around the time A Simple Plan was released in paperback, or thereabouts -- because I purchased it in paperback along with, or soon after/before, I purchased A Simple Plan in paperback at my local Kroger's. A Simple Plan was first published in paperback around 1993-1994. This was the first paperback (before the movie and subsequent reprints.)

It involved a family, I believe narrated from the father's perspective.. I remember they were in a station wagon and chased by a gang or something.. who were terrorizing them/following them. It was a very dark story... I wish I remembered more, but it was disturbing and then I had three children -- so my brain replaced the details with Mommy-stuff. However it was so dark it stayed with me... and has been driving me nuts for almost 6 months! ;-)

The cover I think was red and white, or red and black... (another reason why I grouped it in my mind with the first paperback edition of A Simple Plan, because of the red letters on the earlier editions.)

Would love to hear any ideas! Thanks ;-)

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Susan, are you still looking for this book?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
No response; moved to Abandoned.