The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Newbie Here

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandy Sue (new)

Mandy Sue (mettakaruna) Hi everyone. I'm new to goodreads and this group and I am already addicted. I have spent the last 2 days trying to add books to my bookshelves and I am depriving my poor children of attention. LOL
I have so many books that I have read and even more that I want to.
I love every genre. My husband is a published poet. I do tend to read more chick-lit then anything though.
Look forward to chatting with you all.
~ Mandy

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 278 comments Welcome, Mandy. That is one beautiful little boy!

message 3: by Mandy Sue (new)

Mandy Sue (mettakaruna) Thank you. He is my youngest of three boys and yours is adorable too. Your profile picture actually reminded me of a pic I have of my youngest when he was tinier. I may have to change my profile pic again. LOL

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen | 278 comments Oh, that is just perfect. I love it when they start young!

message 5: by Mandy Sue (new)

Mandy Sue (mettakaruna) Yeah it was the perfect pose I had to photograph it..

message 6: by Arinamidalem (new)

Arinamidalem Welcome Mandy! You have three children and shelves of books?.. ha..ha real challenge ;D

message 7: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
HI Mandy, thanks for joining... This is a great place to be!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Mandy.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Mandy

The Book Whisperer (aka Boof) Hi Mandy and welcome

You work in Tiffany's in NYC? I love that place ;o). Where in north NJ do you live? I have cousins in Bergenfield, Wahsington Township and Newton.

message 11: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 79 comments Welcome Mandy! I am so jealous that you work in Tiffany's! I see you're in Florham Park, I live out in Clinton, NJ.

message 12: by Mandy Sue (new)

Mandy Sue (mettakaruna) Leppaluoto ~ Yes it seems the right place for that. :o)

Boof ~ Not the store in NY, I would love that since I am such an Audrey Hepburn fan. I work in the one in Short Hills in a mall.

Shannon ~ Hi neighbor!

Thank you everyone for the welcome!! I find myself spending a lot of time here. LOL

message 13: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (acountkel) | 992 comments Hey Mandy!
It's a challenge to try and be on the internet with a kid hanging on your hip.
I'm in your world...5 Year Old and a 7 Year Old.
I read when they are in bed....I can surf when they are awake..

message 14: by Mandy Sue (new)

Mandy Sue (mettakaruna) Kellie ~ Mine are 1, almost 3 and 5. They are all boys and overly active. I read when they are in bed too. Surf all day. LOL

message 15: by Mandy Sue (new)

Mandy Sue (mettakaruna) Leppaluoto ~ Please tell me they get easier as they get older. They are so active now it's hard to keep up. LOL

message 16: by Kataklicik (new)

Kataklicik | 87 comments At the kids' school's annual sports day earlier this year, I got to calculating how many more sports days it would take before I need NOT go to another sweltering, hot, kids-in-utter-confusion, shirt-sticking-to-your-back, cap-sunnies-camera-waterbottle-toting, event.

Lemme tell you, I'm going to be at this for a looooooooooong time. Sigh.

Hi and welcome Mandy!

message 17: by Mandy Sue (new)

Mandy Sue (mettakaruna) Ken ~ What you wrote made my heart break for when they are older. I think I will enjoy them now while they are still young and I'm their hero.

Kat ~ Thanks for the welcome and exhausting me with your busy schedule.

message 18: by Ann from S.C. (new)

Ann from S.C. | 1395 comments Welcome to this wonderful group!

message 19: by Sharee (new)

Sharee | 53 comments Okay, I'm exhausted just READING about the parenting exploits of our members! *Wipes the sweat off her brow.* And yet somehow we all still take the time to read... Wow! We're AMAZING!!!

Welcome, Mandy!

message 20: by Mandy Sue (new)

Mandy Sue (mettakaruna) Thank you, Ann & Sharee!

message 21: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 157 comments ...and then they go off to college & you worry a little more because you're not there making sure they don't get hurt. That's where I am right now. We are taking our 3rd child(I have 5)to UTAustin next week. It's 4 hrs. south from where we live. My sister lives in Austin & her son is 3 wks. younger than mine. He has a lot of friends going down there.

message 22: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Sorry to be late to the chorus of welcomes(but better late than never,right?)So welcome to the group.