Fantastic Fantasy and Science Fiction discussion

News > Clan of the Cave Bear

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jesslyn (new)

Jesslyn (jesslynh) | 69 comments Mod
In case you didn't hear, Jean Auel's last book in the Earth's Children series will get its final installment. The 1st book The Clan of the Cave Bear was initially published in 1980.

The final book is The Land of Painted Caves The Land of Painted Caves (Earth's Children, #6) by Jean M. Auel

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) Did you read the series Jesslyn? I tried and just couldnt get into it..maybe I just wasnt in the mood at the time..

message 3: by Jesslyn (new)

I read the whole thing (so far), but I read them as they were published. My favorites are: Clan of the Cave Bear, Valley of the Horses and The Mammoth Hunters. I did not enjoy the others as much.

I am in the process of re-reading the series, but will probably only go with those three then skip to the Shelters of Stone so that I'm caught up.

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I think about reading this series often, what is it comparable to?

message 5: by Jesslyn (new)

I can't think of any series that's like it. I was hoping to find a sample of the 1st book for you, but there aren't any legal samples easily available online. I did find a Kindle for the Web excerpt for book two. You can read the 1st chapter online here: http://amzn.to/iiC585