Fans of The Hollows series by Kim Harrison discussion

I have to share...

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) | 76 comments I found this at B&N.com for my nook. At first I was skeptical but I downloaded it anyway. It sat for a few days. I regret that SO very much. The author is posting the book on her website a chapter at a time until the entire thing is up.

I LOVED reading what I had on my Nook and went to the website to see that she had up 9 or so chapters. There is a link at the bottom of each chapter to continue to the next one.

Pirpires of the Cacaobean by Kerry Allen
http://kerry-allen.com/2009/05/30/pir...

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shannibal) | 61 comments I don't know how I missed this news last month....
Did everyone else see that The Hollows was sold to a TV network?

Here the link: http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/csi-s...

message 3: by VampireNovelFan (last edited Nov 14, 2011 09:15AM) (new)

VampireNovelFan | 489 comments Yeah, I'm disappointed. I expect them to totally ruin it, lol.

There was discussion about it on some other board here, lol.

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shannibal) | 61 comments I hope they don't or I'm sure there will be nothing past the pilot episode. :(

message 5: by VampireNovelFan (last edited Nov 14, 2011 11:03AM) (new)

VampireNovelFan | 489 comments But it's the CW. It's poised to be awful, though they give shows more chances than just the pilot. They are used to low ratings. If Kim was going to have a hand in production like the author for A Game of Thrones it might stand a chance, but she won't. She won't even have a hand in the casting. All she will be good for is a "based on novel series by Kim Harrison" in the credits...

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shannibal) | 61 comments AH No! Not the CW anything but that, their shows are always so cheesy. Damn it I'm way behind on everything. *stamps foot like toddler* LOL :)

message 7: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (risanp) | 3 comments I felt the same way. my initial reaction was excitement at having a favorite series greatness be recognized by Hollywood, but then when i saw it was The CW my heart broke. Nothing good has ever come out of the CW. So now my concern is that The Hollows will be misrepresented as some Teen or Tween story of sexy angsty vampires and sexy angsty witches. They probably won't even get Rachel's hair right. Don't call me a pessimist, I prefer the term "realist". ;-)

message 8: by Ally (last edited Nov 17, 2011 08:47AM) (new)

Ally (allycats86) | 25 comments I'm in agreement with everyone here. Of all the networks to pick up the Hollows series, it had to be the CW. I guess it's inevitable, seeing as how everyone is all over anything that might resemble Twilight. Not that I'm comparing The Hollows to Twilight. *gag* But I can see why a network would try to market this to the Twilight crowd. For them, it's all about the ratings.

VampireNovelFan | 489 comments From "Guy"

http://www.amazon.com/The-Hollows-mig...

"Greetings all,

I have been lurking on this thread since it started. I wanted to let you folks know that Kim will be a consultant for the pilot as well as the series. But, we need to get the pilot released and off the ground.

Kim will not have a say in who the actors are but she will be involved in the story line. She has already had a couple of conversations with the head writer.

Keep it positive and keep your fingers crossed that the pilot will be released."

message 10: by VampireNovelFan (new)

VampireNovelFan | 489 comments So it may not be a total loss... I will wait and see.

message 11: by Cher (new)

Cher | 80 comments let me know how it is.I pass so far

message 12: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) | 76 comments With the recent sucess of Grimm and Once Upon A Time i can see how the CW would be wanting to jump on the bandwagon. Im kinda excited.

Who would you chose to play what role if you were casting director?

message 13: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (risanp) | 3 comments Well I'm glad to see that Kim Harrison will have a continued influence on the possible television series. There's some hope yet!
I just can't help but think back to when Anne Rice's Queen of the Damned was made into a film. I was sooo excited, I loved that book and I thought it had so much potential on the big screen... What a travesty.

Kenna I'll have to think about the casting choices. There are so many actors out there, and it would be hard to find one that would physically fit each character.

Whoever does the casting, I hope they actually read how each one is described. I'd hate to see a petite, busty blonde Rachel, and a pale, raven-haired Jenks.

message 14: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) | 76 comments Have to share...walmart has season 2 of true blood for $10.00 if anyones interested. Not sure if its only black friday or not but there you have it

A raven haired pale jenks would make me frown. I would frown harder than i have ever frowned before if ther messed up something as simple as a char. description.

message 15: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (risanp) | 3 comments Ok, I spotted one. What about Clemence Poesy as Cere? She's blonde, has what I'd describe as a delicate and somewhat otherwordly beauty. I could see her as Elvish royalty.

message 16: by VampireNovelFan (last edited Dec 02, 2011 04:27PM) (new)

VampireNovelFan | 489 comments I really think Alyson Michalka would make for an excellent Rachel:

She would look great as a red-head and she's tall like Rachel:
https://www.google.com/search?q=alyso...

message 17: by Kenna (last edited Feb 27, 2012 05:35PM) (new)

Kenna (kennas) | 76 comments So was looking around deviant art and found a few things that I wanted to share.....

Rachel, Ivy and Jenks
description

Trent
description

AL
description

Jenks and Matalina
description

Rachel and Bis
description

Last but not least, this was done using the actor Jeremy Sumpter as Jenks. He played peter Pan so I think he could pull off a Jenks. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0838911/

message 18: by VampireNovelFan (last edited Feb 27, 2012 05:54PM) (new)

VampireNovelFan | 489 comments Awesome! The artist who did that amazing Trent also did this version of Rachel which I love. It looks JUST like how I imagine her.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

message 19: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) | 76 comments Oh, I missed that one! How did I miss that one, I thought I went through her portfolio....

Whos eyes are glowing in the background?

Those are amazing pictures. Shes a very talented artist!

message 20: by Cher (new)

Cher (sharpei) | 33 comments These pics are awesome, very talented and pretty damn close to what I had pictured the characters to be.

message 21: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) | 76 comments yeah and I absolutely in LOVE with the Trent one. Those are all my favorite colors. I want to reach through and just stay in that picture forever. Honestly, It wouldn't even have to keep Trent in it, I love that background so much! >_<

Ok, yeah it would have to have him but it would suck because he probably would hate me anyway. >_> He hates everyone.

message 22: by VampireNovelFan (last edited Feb 27, 2012 07:13PM) (new)

VampireNovelFan | 489 comments Kenna wrote: "Ok, yeah it would have to have him but it would suck because he probably would hate me anyway. >_> He hates everyone..."

Unless you're Rachel, Jenks, Ceri, Quen or the baby girls :P. Just put on a disguise charm.

message 23: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) I love that art of Trent. I wish the artist would do another one. Maybe one of him and Rachel.

message 24: by VampireNovelFan (last edited Feb 29, 2012 12:29PM) (new)

VampireNovelFan | 489 comments She is a Trent/Rachel fan, but I think she said something about being out of practice. But DUDE!!! If she did it'd be glorious beyond imagination, rofl! She makes them both look SOOO GOOD!

message 25: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) Well who better to practice on than Trent? lol

message 26: by VampireNovelFan (new)

VampireNovelFan | 489 comments Yeah, but maybe she secretly realizes that if she can make them look that good apart, together it'd just be a completely unfair amount of awesome.

message 27: by Ronove (new)

Ronove (narodnik) | 89 comments Shannon wrote: "AH No! Not the CW anything but that, their shows are always so cheesy. Damn it I'm way behind on everything. *stamps foot like toddler* LOL :)"

no no, Vampire Diaries and Secret Circle are quite good, imo. I love those shows. HBO True Blod is different from the novels - therefore I'm not reading the novels - it would be too confusing.

I'd imagine it might be hard to do KH series on TV due the pixie - a lot of cgi or whatever? Costly.

message 28: by Ronove (new)

Ronove (narodnik) | 89 comments VampireNovelFan wrote: "I really think Alyson Michalka would make for an excellent Rachel:

She would look great as a red-head and she's tall like Rachel:
https://www.google.com/search?q=alyso......."

YESSSS!

Fans of The Hollows series by Kim Harrison

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pirpires of the Cacaobean (other topics)