}~>O MERBOOKS: The Group For All Things Mermaid O<~{ discussion

The Books > Sea Sisters Book One by Garrett

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) This is my new story, which I'll be posting as I write. Here's the synopsis:
~
Imagine learning you had an identical twin sister who was separated from you at birth. Gwen and Lexi have just met and are shocked to find they look exactly alike. But that's not all. The twins also discover they are both mermaids, but not just any mermaids, either. They're mermaid princesses, and together they must defeat the evil mermaid queen and reclaim their underwater kingdom.

message 2: by Garrett (last edited Feb 19, 2011 09:08AM) (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Prologue
THE QUEEN
~
The Queen paced back and forth from one rock wall of the cavern to the other. She was waiting for a sign, and so far she’d heard nothing.
I am the true ruler of the sea,” she declared, speaking to herself while she walked. “It is I who shall gain absolute dominion of all the ocean!” Wicked glee rippled through her, and she trembled with excitement.
From within the gleaming pool of water that sat nestled in the heart of the gloomy sea cave, a disturbance caused the surface to bubble and froth. The Queen turned to the pool and walked over to its rim with an elegant stride. She looked over the side of the pool and grinned wickedly.
A mermaid treaded water in the middle of the pool, her dark hair floating on the surface behind her like an oil slick. Her long, glistening tail shimmered with a brilliant luminescence that set the water aglow. This mermaid was one of the Queen’s many servants, forced to do her Highness’s bidding at whatever cost.
“Did you find them?” the Queen asked, eyes sparkling with anticipation. “Are they alive?”
The mermaid hesitated. “I do not know,” she said meekly. The Queen’s face instantly contorted with contempt.
“What do you mean you don’t know?” Her anger-filled voice resonated against the jagged rock walls of the cavern. “Have you found them or not?”
“The human world is not the same place it used to be,” the mermaid reminded the Queen. “It’s bigger, more populated. Every inch of land is swarming with men folk. This search-and-destroy mission could take some time.”
“But I do not have extra time!” the Queen hollered, wringing her hands in frustration. “My spell only lasts until the girls reach their seventeenth year. We have only three days to find them! On the next full moon, which is three days from now, the spell will be broken and the girls will discover the truth.” She turned away from the mermaid in the pool and gritted her teeth. “They will not take the throne away from me. I am Absolute Ruler of the Seas now. I won’t let that rank be stripped from me.”
“We will find them,” the mermaid replied with false certainty. “I promise. They won’t get away.”
“They better not,” the Queen hissed with suppressed rage. “Because you’re not going to like what happens if they get away. Find those girls. I want you to seek them out, learn everything you can about them: where they’re from, what names they go by, what school they attend. I want you to find them and track them down. And then, once you’ve found them…” The Queen paused, eyes smoldering.
“I want you to kill them.”

message 3: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 1021 comments Mod
Ooooh! Assassins! YES! Anyway, this got a bit prose-y but I could still understand what you were trying to convey, so that's good. I love the way you described everything, I could really see it in my mind.
Keep going, man!

message 4: by Garrett (last edited Feb 19, 2011 02:34PM) (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) *EDIT* Okay, I decided the whole book is going to be in third-person perspective. I wasn't going to, but I decided it fits the book better. I don't like third-person, but sometimes it's just appropriate. :)

message 5: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 1021 comments Mod
I know right? It just depends on your story. I'm gettin into it though, so you should post some more :)

message 6: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Thanks! That means a lot. Once I start to write some more, I'll post it ASAP! I also want to start on my demon-slaying mermaid story, too. But I'm stumped. Should it be three sisters, kinda like Charmed with mermaids, or maybe four best friends? I could work with both, but I can't choose which one. :)